Replacement Initiative

Started by Libera, January 10, 2022, 04:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libera

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 31, 2022, 03:58:42 PMThe link to Cavi Cape goes to a Soul Calibur III song.

Yes, apologies.  It should be fixed now.

NineLives

Quote from: Libera on January 10, 2022, 04:11:49 PM
Sorry for not posting here earlier, but since I initially had an extra submission up for "Nacrene City" with Latios, I decided to just submit this one regularly, so here it is:

Wario Land 3
"Colossal Hole, Cave of Flames" | Page

Libera

Quote from: NineLives on September 02, 2022, 07:13:19 AMSorry for not posting here earlier, but since I initially had an extra submission up for "Nacrene City" with Latios, I decided to just submit this one regularly, so here it is:

Wario Land 3
"Colossal Hole, Cave of Flames" | Page

Because this was submitted outside of the initiative, I'll just replace this one with another sheet.

Added:

Walking Tune - Shining Force

Kricketune54

I think I'd like to take Aztec from Goldeneye

Libera

The following sheet has been added to the initiative:

Arkangelsk Dam - Goldeneye 007 (N64)

We are begging you to make Goldeneye replacements.

NineLives

I won't have a spot open until the one with Latios is accepted, but I thought I'd have this one set here for when I do. Since no one claimed this one just yet, I thought I would. The title I'm using is from Zophar's Domain, same as the source. I've seen a few other sources call it this on YouTube as well.
Quote from: Libera on January 10, 2022, 04:11:49 PM
  • Walking Tune - Shining Force
Shining Force
"Hikari no Gunzei (World Map 1)" | ZIP | Source

Whoppybones

I claim (and have finished) [N64] Goldeneye 007 - Multiplayer. Note that the proper title of this is actually "Multiplayer 13" (didn't even know there WERE that many until I'd researched the name). 'Twas a fun song and I'm hopeful that this song can be accepted before I leave since it's significantly less complicated than my other one. ;D

XiaoMigros

Decided to do Arkangelsk Dam; the two titles I found were either 'Dam' (what I went with) or something something long title USSR.

[MUSX]

Bloop

A little notification about GoldenEye 007 replacements!

Yug Guy has recently provided a link to a tweet by Graeme Norgate, with titles and composer credits for all GoldenEye 007 songs. We've decided to use this list as the official source for GoldenEye 007 replacements. Make sure also to add a text box between the composer and arranger credits saying "Based on the James Bond Theme Composed by Monty Norman". Check this sheet for an example. This is the link to the aforementioned tweet, but here's a list with all the ones that still need their replacement submitted:

Name on site  New official name  New official composer
Archive  Military Intelligence Archives  Grant Kirkhope
Arkangelsk Dam  Byelomorye Dam  Grant Kirkhope
Aztec Complex  Aztec Complex  Graeme Norgate
Caverns Elevator  Elevator Music (Caverns)  Graeme Norgate
Finish the Job  Antenna Cradle (Remix)  Grant Kirkhope
Kyrgyzstan Silo  Soviet Missile Silo  Grant Kirkhope
Runway  Runway  Graeme Norgate
Statue Park  Statue Park  Grant Kirkhope
Streets of Russia  St. Petersburg Streets  Grant Kirkhope

Yug_Guy

Here, I'll save you a click:

GoldenEye 007 [N64]
"007 Watch Theme"MUSMUSXMIDIPDF
"Main Title"MUSMUSXMIDIPDF

Libera

Apologies for my lack of being here, and thank you for your patience.

Quote from: NineLives on November 10, 2022, 01:43:35 PMI won't have a spot open until the one with Latios is accepted, but I thought I'd have this one set here for when I do. Since no one claimed this one just yet, I thought I would. The title I'm using is from Zophar's Domain, same as the source. I've seen a few other sources call it this on YouTube as well.Shining Force
"Hikari no Gunzei (World Map 1)" | ZIP | Source

Great, I've crossed this off in the OP and it can be submitted after Nacrene is done!

Quote from: XiaoMigros on December 18, 2022, 05:28:53 PMDecided to do Arkangelsk Dam; the two titles I found were either 'Dam' (what I went with) or something something long title USSR.

[MUSX]

Can you provide the full files for me to submit, also with the name change re; Bloop's post above?  Thanks!

XiaoMigros

Kricketune54

Over 4 months have passed but here is Aztec Complex. I spent more time on this than I'm willing to admit lol "Easy" maybe wasn't the category for this one

m22-23 RH beats 1 and 2.5 are a combination of the guitar instrument part that was represented in m12 for example.
m32-39 added some chord notes to buff out this section a bit

The LH part throughout is a combination of the drums, as well as a much less audible low organ that makes up the bassline in the original.
I think the current pattern is a happy medium between difficulty and what is heard

I suppose the track could repeat at m74 but I think works better going four more bars and then going to m8

Spoiler
Full version of song
[close]

[MIDI] [MUS] [PDF] [MUSX]

Libera

I've posted those two now, sorry for the wait!  Feel free to poke me on the discord or here if you think I've forgotten.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on January 25, 2023, 01:46:42 PMI spent more time on this than I'm willing to admit lol "Easy" maybe wasn't the category for this one

Yeah sorry if the difficulty categories don't quite match up.  We did say that it might not in advance, since it's sometimes difficult to tell how hard something is to arrange without actually attempting it properly, but we felt that they would still be useful to have regardless.  Anyway, thank you for the work!

NineLives

Quote from: NineLives on November 10, 2022, 01:43:35 PM"Hikari no Gunzei (World Map 1)" | ZIP | Source
Just giving this a bump so it'll be submitted, since the other replacement has been accepted. I know it's been a while.