NinSheetMusic Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Author Topic: [PS2] Final Fantasy X - "Via Purifico" by Renaud Bergeron  (Read 149 times)

Zeta

• NSM Bot
  • Nintendo Nocturne
    • View Profile
[PS2] Final Fantasy X - "Via Purifico" by Renaud Bergeron
« on: June 21, 2022, 10:25:42 PM »

Submission Information:

Series: Final Fantasy
Game: Final Fantasy X
Console: PlayStation 2
Title: Via Purifico
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Renaud Bergeron
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 11:02:40 PM by Khunjund »

Khunjund

• King K. Rool Rap
  • Fervent Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: [PS2] Final Fantasy X - "Via Purifico" by Renaud Bergeron
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2022, 10:28:24 PM »

The only part I'm not too sure about is the measure 4 left hand.
Please stop making lists using hyphens.

XiaoMigros

• Fuzzy Fugue
  • Doing stuff probably
    • View Profile
    • My MuseScore profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2022, 03:30:20 PM »

I arranged this a few weeks back, so I think I'm qualified to give you some feedback:
  • It's hard to make out because of the pedal-induced reverb, but I'm pretty sure the LH plays consistent 8ths (except for m17-18). Basically the note on beat 1.5 is played on beats 2.5 and 3.5 as well. The LH in m19 should be the same as in m20, m21&22 are the same as well. On b1 of m28 B2 is restruck
  • Your enharmonic spelling looks good for the most part, the only parts I'm not sure are correct are when chromatics come into play (m18, m21-22). Though I did it a bit differently here, what you have looks good as well.
  • Your system spacing could use some minor adjustments; The first system could be moved down a tiny bit, and the ones on the second page can be a bit more spread out.
  • Square and Enix merged in 2003, after FFX's release, so your copyright should reflect that.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 03:36:16 PM by XiaoMigros »

Static

• Updater
  • Nintendo Nocturne
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2022, 05:01:27 PM »

Square and Enix merged in 2003, after FFX's release, so your copyright should reflect that.
Regarding this point, it's actually fine either way. This game is currently copyrighted by Square Enix.

Personally I also prefer to use whatever the original copyright holder was, but for our purposes either way is OK. We give the same leniency to situations with different publishers as well, since some games are published by different companies in different regions. Any of them would be acceptable in a submission.

XiaoMigros

• Fuzzy Fugue
  • Doing stuff probably
    • View Profile
    • My MuseScore profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2022, 05:08:46 PM »

Oh ok, good to know. I still think it's better to use just Square here to keep the sheet consistent with others on site (Libera's Battle Theme arrangement used just Square iirc)

Khunjund

• King K. Rool Rap
  • Fervent Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2022, 11:02:43 PM »

It's hard to make out because of the pedal-induced reverb, but I'm pretty sure the LH plays consistent 8ths (except for m17-18). Basically the note on beat 1.5 is played on beats 2.5 and 3.5 as well. The LH in m19 should be the same as in m20, m21&22 are the same as well. On b1 of m28 B2 is restruck

I think you’re mostly right for page 1, although there are still areas where I can’t hear any notes no matter how many times I play it back. Page 2 I think I was pretty accurate the way I had it, though I’ve made some minor changes.

Your system spacing could use some minor adjustments; The first system could be moved down a tiny bit, and the ones on the second page can be a bit more spread out.

I don’t think the first system is too high (the page looks too bottom-heavy to me if I put it any lower), but I made some tweaks to spacing.

Square and Enix merged in 2003, after FFX's release, so your copyright should reflect that.
Oh ok, good to know. I still think it's better to use just Square here to keep the sheet consistent with others on site (Libera's Battle Theme arrangement used just Square iirc)

All my other sheets use Square Enix.
Please stop making lists using hyphens.

XiaoMigros

• Fuzzy Fugue
  • Doing stuff probably
    • View Profile
    • My MuseScore profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2022, 11:54:23 PM »

All my other sheets use Square Enix.
Then I guess you can leave it, as that's still some form of consistency

Page created in 0.449 seconds with 23 queries.