Series: Final Fantasy
Game: Final Fantasy II
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Rebel Army Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

XiaoMigros

In the last measure the tuplet Bn 4th should be an 8th.

Nice sheet

Latios212

Overall question - any reason behind combining layers in some places but not others? I'm mostly looking at the octaves in m. 7 and 15 beat 3, since otherwise things seem to be combined wherever it makes sense to when the rhythm lines up.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: XiaoMigros on July 29, 2022, 10:07:55 AMIn the last measure the tuplet Bn 4th should be an 8th.

Wasn't sure I should do this when I was arranging it, but with your support I'll make it so. Fixed.

Quote from: Latios212 on August 01, 2022, 05:26:54 PMOverall question - any reason behind combining layers in some places but not others? I'm mostly looking at the octaves in m. 7 and 15 beat 3, since otherwise things seem to be combined wherever it makes sense to when the rhythm lines up.

Yeah that's a fair question. I don't have a great justification for that, other than someone way-back-when said I should split layer combination down between beats 2 and 3 for sheets in 4/4 time. For example, if a second layer is needed only for one beat, that entire half of the measure has its voices split between two layers. And if two layers are needed across beats 2 and 3, then the entire measure uses two layers. I don't know, that's just the way I've been doing it for a long time.

What else would you recommend? I'm open to new ideas, and I want the way I do things to make sense.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Quote from: LeviR.star on August 02, 2022, 01:05:09 PMYeah that's a fair question. I don't have a great justification for that, other than someone way-back-when said I should split layer combination down between beats 2 and 3 for sheets in 4/4 time. For example, if a second layer is needed only for one beat, that entire half of the measure has its voices split between two layers. And if two layers are needed across beats 2 and 3, then the entire measure uses two layers. I don't know, that's just the way I've been doing it for a long time.
My apologies for a delayed response. I can understand what you mean there... I just think it looks a bit odd. It depends on the situation, but with a piece like this I'd prefer to just combine the layers where they fit since it already feels arbitrary where you're combining them or not. Unless you're keeping the layers primarily separate I don't think it makes a ton of sense to split a dyads just because the beat next to it plays different rhythms.

It's your choice in the end, but I think I'd prefer to see m. 1/6/10/14 beat 1 and m. 7/15 beat 3 in one layer.

Anyway, everything else looks/sounds good! So I will approve :)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

I agree with Latios regarding the layers in bars 7 and 15.  Otherwise this looks fine.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on August 25, 2022, 03:56:33 PMMy apologies for a delayed response. I can understand what you mean there... I just think it looks a bit odd. It depends on the situation, but with a piece like this I'd prefer to just combine the layers where they fit since it already feels arbitrary where you're combining them or not. Unless you're keeping the layers primarily separate I don't think it makes a ton of sense to split a dyads just because the beat next to it plays different rhythms.

It's your choice in the end, but I think I'd prefer to see m. 1/6/10/14 beat 1 and m. 7/15 beat 3 in one layer.

Anyway, everything else looks/sounds good! So I will approve :)

Quote from: Libera on August 28, 2022, 08:13:02 AMI agree with Latios regarding the layers in bars 7 and 15.  Otherwise this looks fine.

Excellent, thank you both for clearing that up; the files have been updated. One last question, though. There are three measures with visible layer 2 rests (m. 7, 8, & 15). I tried moving them to where I thought felt appropriate, but they still look out-of-place. Which ones should be hidden, and which ones should stay un-hidden?

Libera

I would hide all of them.  I could also go for bar 1 in one layer but I don't really mind.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Libera on August 28, 2022, 03:19:03 PMI would hide all of them.

You got it!

Quote from: Libera on August 28, 2022, 03:19:03 PMI could also go for bar 1 in one layer but I don't really mind.

I'll keep that bar and similar instances as they are, if you really don't mind.

Libera

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot