Game: The Last Story
Console: Wii
Title: Castle Ruri
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Static

[attachment deleted by admin]

Libera

Looks pretty good.  Some things:

-Do you want to put in those lower octaves on beat 1 of bar 1/3 etc?  I think that would make sense.  Also some of the other places later on might be good for octaves, like 32+.
-I understand omitting the Eb drone elsewhere but bars 8-9 feel kind of empty without it, particularly bar 9.
-I'm not sure about the restrike in the melody in bar 37.  I'm hearing something more like this:
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
-I don't hear the G# on beat 3.5 of bar 39 in the left hand.
-Just checking as to whether you thought about courtesies on the G#s in bar 39/41, although I'm happy either way.

Static

Quote from: Libera on August 26, 2022, 10:34:59 AM-Do you want to put in those lower octaves on beat 1 of bar 1/3 etc?  I think that would make sense.  Also some of the other places later on might be good for octaves, like 32+.
I wanted the texture toward the beginning to be thinner/more exposed, so I purposely left out the bass part there. In m32+, I also wanted a lighter texture, though more expansive than before.

Quote from: Libera on August 26, 2022, 10:34:59 AM-I'm not sure about the restrike in the melody in bar 37.  I'm hearing something more like this:
Spoiler
[close]
I clearly hear the flute rearticulating on beat 3.5, as well as the piano playing F on beat 3.

Quote from: Libera on August 26, 2022, 10:34:59 AM-I understand omitting the Eb drone elsewhere but bars 8-9 feel kind of empty without it, particularly bar 9.
-I don't hear the G# on beat 3.5 of bar 39 in the left hand.
-Just checking as to whether you thought about courtesies on the G#s in bar 39/41, although I'm happy either way.
Got all these

Libera

Quote from: Static on August 31, 2022, 02:42:52 PMI clearly hear the flute rearticulating on beat 3.5, as well as the piano playing F on beat 3.

I still don't hear it.  I guess the next updater can double-check it for me.  Otherwise, I'll approve.

Latios212

Looking good! A couple of things:
- m. 28: How about adding in the Bb (chord) to the chord? It sounds a bit empty without it
- The right side of the key signature at the end is a bit close to the end barline

Quote from: Libera on August 26, 2022, 10:34:59 AM-I'm not sure about the restrike in the melody in bar 37.  I'm hearing something more like this:
Spoiler
[close]
Quote from: Static on August 31, 2022, 02:42:52 PMI clearly hear the flute rearticulating on beat 3.5, as well as the piano playing F on beat 3.
Quote from: Libera on September 24, 2022, 10:30:52 AMI still don't hear it.  I guess the next updater can double-check it for me.  Otherwise, I'll approve.
Definitely with Libera on this one, I hear the lower F# from the piano on beat 3.5 but the melody sounds like a quarter note.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

I'm still really not hearing a quarter note. There's a clear break there where the flute and piano (an octave lower) play F# on beats 3 and 3.5. Maybe this file with it playing an octave lower would make it easier to hear.

Edit: Other changes are fixed now, forgot to upload the files

Latios212

I'll trust your judgement on that then - I can hear it a little bit now that I'm listening for it.

Will accept :)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot