News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[PS2] Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War - "15 Years Ago" by Libera

Started by Zeta, October 15, 2022, 12:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War
Console: PlayStation 2
Title: 15 Years Ago
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Libera

[attachment deleted by admin]


Bloop

-m5: There's an A in the R.H. before going to the B, though it starts on the beat here instead of before like m4 beat 4. Up to you if you wanna notate that differently tho :p
-m8-9: I don't think I hear the low L.H. voice here from m8 beat 2 to the end of m9, I only hear it coming in in m10.
-m15: There's also a grace note D in the R.H. before beat 3
-m23: The E in beat 1 should also be a grace note instead.
-m25: The tie on the R.H. D on beat 1.75 should be flipped, since there's no layer above it in this half of the bar. I also hear a D in-between the R.H. and L.H. in this chord.
-m26: I hear D's in the R.H. in beat 3.75 and 4.25 instead of A's.


Libera

All great points and should be fixed apart from:

Quote from: Bloop on November 20, 2022, 03:29:40 AM-m8-9: I don't think I hear the low L.H. voice here from m8 beat 2 to the end of m9, I only hear it coming in in m10.

I'm pretty sure the piano is still playing in octaves before the bass strings come in, and that was what I was going for.

Thanks for checking!

Bloop

Quote from: Libera on November 20, 2022, 09:54:36 AMI'm pretty sure the piano is still playing in octaves before the bass strings come in, and that was what I was going for.
Huh, maybe it was harder to hear slowed down lol, I hear it now too. Looks great!
You cannot view this attachment.

Maelstrom

Not sure how I feel about the E restrike on m3 RH. Since the ped marks are hidden, the performer may intuit that b4 is a new phrase and has a new ped. marking, but the string chord still continues so people familiar with the song might keep it depressed. I think it adds too much clutter to what should be a very simple piano lead-in to the rest of the piece. Just my opinion, though.
-RH m16 - I hear an A as a 3rd harmony on b4.5
-RH m19 - I hear b2.75 as an F#, not an A and b3.5 as an E, both above C5. I think keeping these notes in their original octave is more important than the 2nd layer, if that's why they were moved. Heck, if the countermelody needs to be left out to preserve the piano part, I think it's worth it.
-RH m21 b3 - I hear the D of the chord moving to a C# here
-RH m31 b3 - I hear a G above the D here, LH can pick up the notes in the rest of the chord

LH time - I realize some of this is pretty background, but I think it also adds some nice color to it
-m13 - I don't hear b4 being played by the piano, is this from the strings?
-m14 - I hear A->B on b2.75->3
-m18 - b3.75 - I hear a D immediately following the A. It's held until another A on b4.25. I think....
-m19 - I hear b1.25/1.5 as an A followed by a D rather than just an A on b1.5. The A is faint, but 1.5 is def. a D
-m25 - I 100% hear the low F restriking on b1.75 here, making that an octave

That's it! Love this song, btw. Great sheet.

Libera

Quote from: Maelstrom on November 27, 2022, 11:03:19 AMNot sure how I feel about the E restrike on m3 RH. Since the ped marks are hidden, the performer may intuit that b4 is a new phrase and has a new ped. marking, but the string chord still continues so people familiar with the song might keep it depressed. I think it adds too much clutter to what should be a very simple piano lead-in to the rest of the piece. Just my opinion, though.
-RH m16 - I hear an A as a 3rd harmony on b4.5
-RH m21 b3 - I hear the D of the chord moving to a C# here

-m14 - I hear A->B on b2.75->3
-m18 - b3.75 - I hear a D immediately following the A. It's held until another A on b4.25. I think....
-m25 - I 100% hear the low F restriking on b1.75 here, making that an octave

^All these should be fixed!

Quote from: Maelstrom on November 27, 2022, 11:03:19 AM-RH m19 - I hear b2.75 as an F#, not an A and b3.5 as an E, both above C5. I think keeping these notes in their original octave is more important than the 2nd layer, if that's why they were moved. Heck, if the countermelody needs to be left out to preserve the piano part, I think it's worth it.
-m19 - I hear b1.25/1.5 as an A followed by a D rather than just an A on b1.5. The A is faint, but 1.5 is def. a D

I've now rewritten the start of 19 because there was some stuff I was missing.  Hopefully it makes more sense now.  With regards to the RH notes, I honestly still just hear it as I have it written, at least it dropping down stands out a lot more to me.  I can kind of hear something if I slow it down, but at full speed I only hear what I've written in.

Quote from: Maelstrom on November 27, 2022, 11:03:19 AM-RH m31 b3 - I hear a G above the D here, LH can pick up the notes in the rest of the chord

I've got the G anyway for harmony and I don't hear any G above the D anywhere near as strongly as the D itself.  It sounds like it resolves down a step here rather than jumping up to me.

Quote from: Maelstrom on November 27, 2022, 11:03:19 AM-m13 - I don't hear b4 being played by the piano, is this from the strings?

Nope, I hear the piano play an E on beat 4 here.  It's a little fainter than the rest but it completes the phrase nicely.



Thanks for the help with the details on this noodly sheet!  Files updated.

Maelstrom

Alright, this sounds great

id have accepted it sooner if I didn't keep hitting the play button on finale. sounds amazing with the aria player.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Maelstrom.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot