TWG CXIX: Luigi Wins by Doing Absolutely Everything

Started by davy, November 30, 2023, 09:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby

Quote from: Oricorio on November 30, 2023, 01:33:57 PMWell, neither of the alt accounts have shown up yet. Is that evidence that no one who's shown up is in charge of the accounts, or would it be wise to wait?
Are you trying to deduct who the wolf seer is or the human seer?

Announcing your thought process of finding out who is behind the alt accounts could help the wolves find the seer

Oricorio

Quote from: Toby on November 30, 2023, 01:47:14 PMAre you trying to deduct who the wolf seer is or the human seer?

Announcing your thought process of finding out who is behind the alt accounts could help the wolves find the seer

If I understand this correctly, both wolves would have access to the alt, thus narrowing down the owners helps the humans more. Granted, I cannot account for all the reasons why the owners of the accounts may not have posted yet.

Oricorio

Note that anything we can figure out here, the wolves can likely figure out on their own

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Oricorio on November 30, 2023, 01:53:07 PMIf I understand this correctly, both wolves would have access to the alt, thus narrowing down the owners helps the humans more. ,Granted, I cannot account for all the reasons why the owners of the accounts may not have posted yet.
I mean it usually takes some time for activity to start rolling in

but yes, figuring out the owners would be good (obviously)

Nana1Popo2

On the bright side, i think im finally understanding the roles a bit more. :P

I have some thoughts, but will sit on them until activity starts up.
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

SpecsFlyer17

Hello all!

Some possibilities for the wolves' target:
1) the master wolf, that way if the redirection wolf is seer'd, he paints green.
2) the miller, that way if a human is seer'd, he paints red, which builds suspicion.

Either way, any seer result claim from Luigi or Waluigi should be taken with a grain of salt, as previously mentioned.
And if one divine being claims a seer result, I'd expect the other to counterclaim with something else.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

Oricorio

Also, since the redirection wolf knows the miller even red checks from the human seer need to be taken with a grain of salt. Basically, we should be wolfhunting rather than waiting for the setup to solve itself.

Oricorio

Quote from: Oricorio on November 30, 2023, 05:21:45 PMAlso, since the redirection wolf knows the miller even red checks from the human seer need to be taken with a grain of salt. Basically, we should be wolfhunting rather than waiting for the setup to solve itself.

Although that is also a risk, as the wolves could have the Master Wolf seered red if they try that...

SpecsFlyer17

True, which is why I think targeting the master wolf is probably more likely.

But regardless, we should focus on wolf hunting and take caution with seer result claims.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

TheZeldaPianist275

Hello everyone! First Davy game in something like seven years and I am here for it.

therealmathguy

Hi everyone!

The Luigis may just be holding off until the seer result? I guess that makes sense since they're more likely try to generate trust via seering results as opposed to early game small talk. I am interested to see how they play it though

The Musical Poet

I like making terrible titles for my schoolwork, but I never follow through.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on November 30, 2023, 04:27:37 PMHello all!

Some possibilities for the wolves' target:
1) the master wolf, that way if the redirection wolf is seer'd, he paints green.
2) the miller, that way if a human is seer'd, he paints red, which builds suspicion.

Either way, any seer result claim from Luigi or Waluigi should be taken with a grain of salt, as previously mentioned.
And if one divine being claims a seer result, I'd expect the other to counterclaim with something else.
It is good to keep the redirection wolf in mind, but I'm not sure if we can say for certain how the wolves would handle that power. Kinda like Oricorio said, there's risk in pretty much every option the wolves choose.

Quote from: threalmathguy on November 30, 2023, 06:49:40 PMHi everyone!

The Luigis may just be holding off until the seer result? I guess that makes sense since they're more likely try to generate trust via seering results as opposed to early game small talk. I am interested to see how they play it though
That makes sense. I don't think they really have a good reason to talk early, and if they're deliberately trying to keep their identity a secret (which is a valid concern for the human seer too) then they'll definitely want to keep unnecessary talk to a minimum.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nana1Popo2

It's been so long I don't quite remember, but are PM's allowed at all? Or just during the day? Or anytime?..

Nana1Popo2