TWG CXIX: Luigi Wins by Doing Absolutely Everything

Started by davy, November 30, 2023, 09:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on November 30, 2023, 08:38:33 PMIt's been so long I don't quite remember, but are PM's allowed at all? Or just during the day? Or anytime?..
There are actually some TWG/Mafia forums that prohibit speaking at night at all. Actually sort of jarring when you're used to night conversations. :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nana1Popo2

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on November 30, 2023, 08:49:27 PMThere are actually some TWG/Mafia forums that prohibit speaking at night at all. Actually sort of jarring when you're used to night conversations. :P

Right! I thought the same, but when i read "N1 start." i assumed it meant we could chat haha. Although now i see how that could be misunderstood.
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Oricorio

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on November 30, 2023, 08:49:27 PMThere are actually some TWG/Mafia forums that prohibit speaking at night at all. Actually sort of jarring when you're used to night conversations. :P

Closed nights are standard across most mafia sites. However, for the most part we don't do things the "standard" way

Toby

Something we could consider is the sacrificial lamb claiming and then asking the chosen one to claim to them. The sacrificial lamb could then tell us if either twg Luigi or twg waluigi are the human seer without the risk of revealing the chosen one.

Because the sacraficial lamb can still use their power even when dead Im not seeing much of a down side to this. It just means they're guaranteed to be wolfed next but someone has to be wolfed, and in exchange we have an untouchable human seer for the rest of the game.

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: Toby on December 01, 2023, 04:36:58 AMThe sacrificial lamb could then tell us if either twg Luigi or twg waluigi are the human seer without the risk of revealing the chosen one.
Mind explaining this? Not sure I follow...
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

Toby

The chosen one will tell the sacraficial lamb if they have ownership of either twg Luigi or twg waluigi

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: Toby on December 01, 2023, 05:59:58 AMThe chosen one will tell the sacraficial lamb if they have ownership of either twg Luigi or twg waluigi

Fair, although wouldn't a wolf counterclaim be expected?
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Toby on December 01, 2023, 04:36:58 AMSomething we could consider is the sacrificial lamb claiming and then asking the chosen one to claim to them. The sacrificial lamb could then tell us if either twg Luigi or twg waluigi are the human seer without the risk of revealing the chosen one.

Because the sacraficial lamb can still use their power even when dead Im not seeing much of a down side to this. It just means they're guaranteed to be wolfed next but someone has to be wolfed, and in exchange we have an untouchable human seer for the rest of the game.
I get what you're going for, but it seems easy for the wolves to throw a wrench in the works. Sacrificial Lamb seems like a pretty easy role to counterclaim for the wolves (as Specs said). And, hell, a wolf could also counterclaim seer if they wanna keep things more behind the scenes.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

Okay great then we are guaranteed a wolf within 2 lynches?

Toby

And lynching neither the chosen one or the sacraficial lamb is harmful as both their powers can be used while dead

Toby

We have 3 lynches to hit our first wolf.

If a wolf counterclaims we can guarantee a wolf in the first 2 lynches, then we have 2 more lynches to find the next wolf.

I suppose it's upto the wolves if they want to trade a wolf for the humans knowing which seer is the real one. Which is their call - but I think my plan only sets up an overall benefit for the humans

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Toby on December 01, 2023, 08:17:04 AMWe have 3 lynches to hit our first wolf.

If a wolf counterclaims we can guarantee a wolf in the first 2 lynches, then we have 2 more lynches to find the next wolf.

I suppose it's upto the wolves if they want to trade a wolf for the humans knowing which seer is the real one. Which is their call - but I think my plan only sets up an overall benefit for the humans
The biggest downside is that we'd be committing to losing the Chosen One and/or the Sacrifical Lamb (the latter of which especially could "clear" themselves at a critical moment later in the game). That's in addition to not being able to trust either seering.

And on top of all that, the plan sorta doesn't work nearly as well after N1 because of the chance that one or both of those could get wolfed tonight. With less than 2 hours in the phase it's sort of something we'd need to do ASAP, y'know?

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

But what stops a wolf counter claiming them later in the game not letting them clear themselves? And especially if it's lynch or lose a counter claim is more likely.

And well then hopefully the sacrificial lamb sees it as beneficial to claim and does soon

But it would likely require humans to express the want for it other than me

Nana1Popo2

Ah so this brings up one thing i noticed. The Sacrificial Lamb has a lot of power this game it seems. Since their ability can be used after death, it can be used to confirm a role. Fake claims or not, if we ask the lamb to revive a specific person and they do or dont, it could help clear names.

If the wolves lynch the lamb, theyre not really setting themselves ahead, but rather behind/stagnant by confirming the role claim all the same. Essentially, the lamb dying would just silence their voice but not their role in the game.

I dont see an issue in the lamb claiming soonish tbh. But perhaps im just naive lol
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Oricorio

Of course, a lynch on the Sacrificial Lamb would still be a wasted lynch for town as well, so keep that in mind.