WiiMan96's Arrangements | Added Trine "Main Theme" 23rd January '12

Started by WiiMan96, September 09, 2008, 11:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arrangement focus?

Replacements
Requests
Projects
Music WiiMan wants!
Doesn't bother me so long as you keep arranging!
NO

garlicbananas

Technically, wasn't the anthem in the background during the secession speech in Strongbadia the Free?
But really go at your own pace do what you want.  I'd do some myself but I don't have music writing software. :'(
Please check out my arrangement! http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=4222.0

Sekter77

Nice job with that menu theme. The articulation really works well and keeps it more interesting. Keep up the good work!
Guitar and video games.

WiiMan96

Quote from: garlicbananas on January 17, 2011, 08:01:09 PMTechnically, wasn't the anthem in the background during the secession speech in Strongbadia the Free?

...yeah! Yeah. What? Yeah. In which case, I might try it eventually, but I've never tried arranging vocals before. Might turn out a complete turd. :P

Quote from: Sekter77 on January 17, 2011, 08:06:15 PMNice job with that menu theme. The articulation really works well and keeps it more interesting. Keep up the good work!

Well thanks a bunch! :D I'll try mah bestest.

garlicbananas

Quote from: WiiMan96 on January 26, 2011, 11:11:22 PMI've never tried arranging vocals before.

You don't need vocals.  There's plenty of songs on here that have a vocal part in the original but not in the music file.  Just the piano part would be fine.
Please check out my arrangement! http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=4222.0

WiiMan96

The piano part is heavily chord-based so that's another issue. It is a hard piece to transcribe, trust me. :P But I'll still attempt it soon enough.

garlicbananas

Yeah it seems like it but no pressure.  If it's too hard don't sweat it.

DonValentino

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!
I can´t say any word to define your "Desert" arrangement... I don´t see ANYTHING wrong, it´s P E R F E C T!!  ;D
And it´s my favourite song from Bomberman Tournament!!  :D

Sekter77

This is a really good transcription, but the second piano really doesn't do a whole lot. Maybe you could switch the melody to the other hand at certain points?
Guitar and video games.

WiiMan96

Quote from: WarioMan98 on February 17, 2011, 08:23:23 AMOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!
I can´t say any word to define your "Desert" arrangement... I don´t see ANYTHING wrong, it´s P E R F E C T!!  ;D
And it´s my favourite song from Bomberman Tournament!!  :D

Thank you very much! I'll try making a two-hands version of it soon.
Quote from: Sekter77 on February 17, 2011, 03:48:30 PMThis is a really good transcription, but the second piano really doesn't do a whole lot. Maybe you could switch the melody to the other hand at certain points?

I guess this is a relentless problem with arranging music for piano, as often there are too many parts to be played comfortably with two hands but not enough to tangibly fill four staves. Switching parts over isn't really an option here either as it's a duet, not a two-piano arrangement. The part which does little can only play bass parts or arms will entangle with the other pianist playing the melody. :P

Unless I can find a really good way of fixing this, I'm gonna leave it up to the player to decide what to do with it. I always saw it in my head that before the second repeat, the melody player slides down the piano and plays a 2-bar filler of the main ostinato in the bass while the original bass-player runs around ready for the second repeat and plays the melody.

...long, poorly-structured sentence. But I hope it makes sense. :P Hopefully players have some creativity and can think of something like that if the second player's part is too boring.

...or I could write it on the score.

WiiMan96

CTR's Hot Air Skyway will be up by Wednesday. Hopefully I can get back into arranging consistently soon.

WiiMan96

Never mind Wednesday.

CTR: Crash Team Racing

Any thoughts are muchly appreciated!

Kimmel

Quote from: WiiMan96 on June 11, 2011, 03:54:55 PMNever mind Wednesday.

CTR: Crash Team Racing

Any thoughts are muchly appreciated!

Then here is my thought:

The left hand can do more than this. Try to add some notes at the right place, so it sounds a bit fuller. I don't know the original piece, but in your arrangement there aren't climaxes. It would be nice if you add one.
Sorry for my English ^.^

Jub3r7

We want to make the arrangements accurate and playable.
Although if you want, you can check out the Virtuoso arrangements by MaestroUGC. They are very full and have a climax, if you are looking for one.

Arrangements are songs perscribed on a sheet from a video game; while some arrangers might remix a song, the main focus is so the musician can play the original piece.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]