Guide to Making a Proper Request - READ BEFORE POSTING! (Updated: 7/03/12)

Started by KefkaticFanatic, May 27, 2009, 08:30:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yugi

We Could allow fangame sheets on the site, they just couldn't go on the page for that series (for example, Mega Man Unlimited Songs go in other, rather than Mega Man).

FierceDeity

^^ this. Maybe specify a section of the site for soundtracks to fanmade games? (if there are ever enough sheets for that)

...Although, wouldn't need too many sheets to outnumber the Metal Gear Solid section...

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Yugi on September 16, 2013, 11:49:42 PMWe Could allow fangame sheets on the site, they just couldn't go on the page for that series (for example, Mega Man Unlimited Songs go in other, rather than Mega Man).
I disagree, most fan-made games are technically illegal 'cause they're unauthorized uses of copyrighted property. Plus I feel this site would lose it's credibility, if we'd allow posting music from games that don't have the permission of the company who published the original game.

also now i haz a plan
I could recreate Super Mario Bros. and replace the music with my own and that'd qualify as a fangame. Then I could get my own songs on the site. c:<

"Super Waddle Bros."
I like the sound of that

Yugi

But not all fangames are plagarisms of original games, some Mega Man Fangames (Unlimited, Revolution, Street Fighter X Megaman), were endorsed by Capcom, and were allowed to brandish the 25th Aniversery Banner.

Waddle Bro

Street Fighter X Mega Man for example was funded by Capcom, so it's considered as a real Mega Man game. It just started as a fangame.

Maelstrom

mikey

Quote from: Maelstrom on April 30, 2015, 03:05:06 PMThe S in https no longer breaks the youtube links.
so the OP says youtube videos can't be https, but they can now so...
unmotivated

AngryGardenCrafter

I'm requesting two songs, each from a seperate game (That is allowed, right?)
Pikmin (GCN):The Final Trial and Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (3ds) Boss Theme

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: AngryGardenCrafter on January 22, 2016, 07:06:46 AMI'm requesting two songs, each from a seperate game (That is allowed, right?)
Pikmin (GCN):The Final Trial and Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (3ds) Boss Theme
That is fine, but you don't make a request here; instead, start a new topic like you see in the general, non-stickied Request area

[/quote]
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Olimar12345

Quote from: AngryGardenCrafter on January 22, 2016, 07:06:46 AMI'm requesting two songs, each from a seperate game (That is allowed, right?)

The Final Trial can be found here:
http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=4561.0

(on the second post)
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BrainyLucario

Does the Atari not have games with music? Shouldn't there be an Atari abbreviation?
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.