News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

Metroid: Other M

Started by MetroidHunter26, June 02, 2009, 02:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetroidHunter26

As much as I realy want this game the cutscenes were brilliantly done for something on Wii but for the ingame from what I can see it's too unpollished and it seems like it was just done in paint >__> but from what I see in the gameplay looks like it goes from Metroid to Super Metroid cause I see Ridley and Mother Brain(final form in SM) fighting Samus.
If you havn't seen the E3 vid they have it on there Nintendo site

http://e3.nintendo.com/wii/w5/index.html

and there you go...

So discuss.

SirIngusBingus

It appears to be alternating between 1st person shooter and sidescroller.

;D ;D ;D

KefkaticFanatic

It looks fantastic, except for the art style.  Metroid is NOT supposed to look like Final Fantasy.

me irl
[close]

SirIngusBingus

Final Fantasy isn't supposed to look like Final Fantasy, either.

pumpy_heart

Another good game on the way from Nintendo.
Another release date buy.

Jamaha

Looks like Adam also makes an appearance.

MetroidHunter26

Quote from: JaMaHa on June 03, 2009, 02:55:18 AMLooks like Adam also makes an appearance.
Thats what made it clear it was a Metroid Game lol what I heard his line "any objections lady" I was like no way :o LOL I didn't have that good of a surprise in a long time.

blah54

it also has the super metroid ending with the baby metroid... that surprised me when i saw that too...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

SuperFireKirby

I like how it looks and doing third-person might actually be a good move to make. Either way, I'm sure it will be awsome.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SirIngusBingus

Going back to the original style of Metroid is a good move. Combining it with the style of Prime is an even better one. Kudos, Nintendo, you've actually made some fans happy!

SuperFireKirby

It probably isn't Nintendo that should be getting the credit for that descision though. Team Ninja probably had alot to do with that decision.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Brassman388

The only thing that I'm afraid of is how disapointing it could be. It looks pretty good, but then again... I'm not sure.

SuperFireKirby

If it was Nintendo by themselves I would probably be thinking about how they're gonna completely fuck up this idea, but since they're working on it with Team Ninja I think its safe to say this will be pretty sweet.

SirIngusBingus

Yeah. I mean, how much could they really do wrong here? It looks uber similar to Prime, but with a bit of 3rd person in there. Even if the 3rd person sucks, we still have the whole Prime aspect of the game.

Gu4n

But, it's not made by Retro Studios this time. Although it might looks like Prime, doesn't mean the first-person feeling will be the same. Hopefully Nintendo is enough involved to make another hit like Super Metroid.