MaestroUGC's Virtuoso Submissions *Nihil*

Started by MaestroUGC, June 18, 2009, 10:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

How mysterious...!
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Cobraroll

Wow.

This song is already on site, but your version is... a lot more intense, so to say. And about ten times harder, it looks like.
Still, it's a fantastic arrangement. Perhaps we could put it on site under the subtitle "Harder version"?
Or the older one under the header "Easier version".

Either way, this is a too good arrangement to be ignored, yet the one we already have is easier (and more playable). Dilemma...
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

ALPRAS

Wow....really... This is much harder than my arrangements xD
Dont worry if its playable or not, because it is... but only for pianists with great quality. I think I can play this one...
But you have to be careful, cuz normally in the site, we/they dont accept too much hard arrangements. We only accept arrangements that are playable for most of the people here. But that doesnt mean the arrangement isnt good, quite the contrary.
Well, you'll have to wait for Concerto, to see what hell say...

Cobraroll

I think this topic would be perfect for the debate concerning such situations:

http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=1576.0

And as for hard arrangements, I think we need a few. Just because they're awesome. Better yet, if we keep an easy and a hard version, we can satisfy both veterans and newbies (screw those in between).

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

MaestroUGC

Well as its title suggests, it is a virtuoso arrangement. I was just curious if anyone would be willing to give this a shot as I have currently arranged five others in this way, and many more to come. Besides this is a personal experiment, I just wanted to see if I could do it, whether or not it makes it on the site.

Cobraroll

Just out of curiousity, what other songs is it you talk about?

Can't wait to hear them, even though it'll take years of practise before I'm able to play them.

MaestroUGC

Well Along with the SMB theme, I've arranged:

Super Mario Bros: Underwater - Its a nice waltz with a few variations
Super Mario Bros. 3: Athletic Theme - Its a bit more playful
The Legend Of Zelda: Overworld - Its a little more "epic" as some of friends have put
Tetris: Theme A - You'll have to see it for yourself
Super Mario RPG: Forest Maze - Its not too hard, but still a good arrangement

I have gotten requests to do others, so its become a summer project.

Cobraroll

Quote from: MaestroUGC on June 19, 2009, 08:36:58 AMYou'll have to see it for yourself

Yes please. Please put them here, if they are done and ready for playing.
And sorry to keep asking like a five-year old on a toy factory tour, but what other songs are you going to do?

MaestroUGC

I just need to clean them up, but yeah I'll definitely post them.

I'm currently work on the Lost Woods theme from Ocarina of Time, The overworld theme from SMB2 and the Athletic theme from Super Mario World.

The latter most one will probably be the most difficult, as you can imagine.

Cobraroll

Just as a quick side note, I'll stop posting one-liners after that:
Brassman388 ( http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=1392.0 ) has recently made a few of the songs you'll be doing. Just check that your arrangements will be different enough from his before you start spending hours on making them. It would be too bad to make a better version of a song on site, just to find that someone else has recently done exactly the same.

Good luck, though!

MaestroUGC

Brassman's arrangement is the bare piece, not exactly my virtuoso standard, no offense to Brassman.

Thanks for the heads up.

ALPRAS

Quote from: MaestroUGC on June 19, 2009, 11:14:34 AMBrassman's arrangement is the bare piece, not exactly my virtuoso standar, no offense to Brassman.

Thanks for the heads up.
I like your attitude of making virtuous arrangements, but I think its not going to be easy for them to be accepted, because too hard arrangements are not accepted. I had the same problem when I came here. They've said that my arrangements were too hard, and I had to make them more playable...But I still make arrangements according to my pianistic skills, but I dont put them here, because I know that they are not going to be accepted...

MaestroUGC

I don't mind if they are accepted or not, but I will still submit them for people who want play them or at least look at them.

GreekGeek

Quote from: MaestroUGC on June 19, 2009, 11:14:34 AMBrassman's arrangement is the bare piece, not exactly my virtuoso standard, no offense to Brassman.

Thanks for the heads up.
That sounds quite arrogant to be honest. Especially since Brassman is one of the most talented arrangers this site has.

Cobraroll

^I think he more meant to say that Brassman's arrangement, while near-perfect, isn't the style UGC's looking for. Brassman made it stay as true to the in-game music in SMB/3 as possible, UGC made it so that it sounds optimal, as good as possible, if not that accurate. It's accuracy vs. polishing, not that Brassman is a bad arranger. It's just that Brassman went for accuracy, while UGC polished the original piece.