News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

Best video game villains

Started by Petpetfood, July 01, 2009, 06:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oritendo

Quote from: Clanker37 on July 06, 2011, 04:05:09 AMI know, right! I've never played a Kirby game (Yes, I know, I'm such a sinner) but I've played Super Smash Bros. and saw him kill Luigi. And hug Kirby. Then on the Kirby Wii E3 ad King Dedede is chasing Kirby THEN HE'S ON KIRBY'S SIDE, LATER. I MEAN WTF? Is Dedede just confused about his evilness or just really likes Kirby? Could someone please explain???
I wish I could explain for his weirdness, but I'm lost for words too.

SlowPokemon

Dedede just generally wins, but he's not my favorite villain. I just don't know who is...Bowser Jr. is pretty epic.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Greg

I hate bowser jr.  :-\

HE GETS ON MY NERVES

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 06, 2011, 12:46:38 PMDedede just generally wins, but he's not my favorite villain. I just don't know who is...Bowser Jr. is pretty epic.
Dedede is only kind of a villain since he generally ends up joining you in every game. Ex. Kirby 64, Kirby's Adventure/ Nightmare in Dreamland, Epic Yarn.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SWMadness

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on July 06, 2011, 03:56:12 PMDedede is only kind of a villain since he generally ends up joining you in every game. Ex. Kirby 64, Kirby's Adventure/ Nightmare in Dreamland, Epic Yarn.

And he's a playable character in the upcoming Kirby Wii game. :D

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

fabbemannen

I read this
Quote from: gzgregory on July 06, 2011, 03:02:12 PMI hate bowser jr.  :-\

HE GETS ON MY NERVES
...and accidentally missed SFK's post and read this
Quote from: SWMadness on July 07, 2011, 07:43:55 AMAnd he's a playable character in the upcoming Kirby Wii game. :D
...and went :o

SWMadness

Quote from: fabbemannen on July 08, 2011, 07:04:10 AMI read this...and accidentally missed SFK's post and read this...and went :o

I smell a WACKY CROSSOVER!  ;D

amnesia01

Quote from: gzgregory on July 06, 2011, 03:02:12 PMI hate bowser jr.  :-\

HE GETS ON MY NERVES
OMG! I know right?! Bowser and Bowser jr. need to think of something better to do than just kidnapping Peach.

DonValentino

My top 10:

1. Giygas (Earthbound): C'mon... Everyone knows he's the creepiest, most powerful and epic villain of ALL videogames.

2. Ganondorf/Ganon (The Legend of Zelda series): Another great villain. I love his appearance in Wind Waker because you realise that he's a "deep" and complex character, more than the simple and common bad guy.

3. Team Rocket (Pokemon series): My favorite evil team in the Pokemon world (yet, of course  ::)). Giovanni is badass! I can't wait until the "Team Rocket VS Team Plasma" anime special! It's gonna be big...

4. Andross / Dr. Wily / Sigma (Starfox, Megaman and Megaman X series): A tie between these 3, all related to technology, madness and world (or space, in Andross' case) domination. Insane evil villains that won't desist until their plans are succesfully completed and will return again and again if they fail!

5. Miror B (Pokemon Colosseum / XD): Just one thing to say... Let the music play!  ;D

6. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong series): A fatty fat crocodile that leads a bunch of crocodiles from a crocodile-shaped island and wants to exterminate the kongs with no reason, which doesn't make any sense. Still, he's funny (what kind of evil leader throws his crown at his enemy when battling? K. Rool, of course!) and awesome.

7. Bowser and his offsprings (Super Mario series): What can I say?

8. Cackletta and Fawful / The Shroobs (Mario & Luigi series): Another tie. Both are foreign villains that attempted to take over the Mushroom Kingdom. Be careful, Mario Bros., they have fury and chortles!

9. Space Pirates / Dark Samus (Metroid Prime) (Metroid series): Kraid, Ridley and Mother Brain over all the pirates. Dark Samus is just... epic.

10. Zant (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess): He betrayed the Twili only for power, almost conquered Hyrule and... he's mad. Good enough.

Other villains that I personally love and aren't so popular or important are: Pigma Dengar (Starfox series), Terrormisu (Wario: Master of Disguise), Krux / Krawl (Spectrobes series), King Boo (Super Mario series), Porky Minch (Earthbound and MOTHER 3), Greevil (Pokemon XD), the Shadow Queen (Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door), Don Paolo (Professor Layton 1st Trilogy), Popple (Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga) and My Lady Venus! (Pokemon Colosseum).

Note: When I put a tie on the ranking, I consider characters with something in common which I can't decide if one or the other.

SlowPokemon

My own top ten, in descending order:

10. Gengar (from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team/Red Rescue Team) ~ You wake up as a Pokemon: already a bizarre premise for a game. But while most Pokemon are nice to you, there's this huge jerk that seems to hate you for some reason. He convinces the villagers that you're actually the cursed human from the Legend of Ninetales, who abandoned your best friend, Gardevoir. It turns out that he was that human all along...and it's kind of nice to see him feel remorse for Gardevoir and make amends with Ninetales in the end.

9. King Boo (from Luigi's Mansion) ~ I love this game so much. I think my favorite part were the bosses, and King Boo, while not the most fun or interesting, just looks so cool and bizarrely cute. He's pretty menacing.

8. King Dedede (from the Kirby series) ~ The waddling leader of the Waddledees (how fitting is that?) is a great character despite always seeming to end up on Kirby's side. He's also fun to play as in Brawl. :3

7. Ghetsis (from Pokemon Black and White) ~ He's such a huge jerk. He RAISED his son as a pawn in his game for his entire childhood. And then he proceeds to give him a further "fuck you" when he's defeated by essentially calling him an idiot. What a fantastic father. I wonder who the brilliant lady is who decided to get it on with this freak show.

6. The Shroobs (from Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time) ~ The Shroobs are awesome, okay? Partners in Time was one of my first games for the DS, and I loved the zany humor that it brought to the table. I laughed myself silly at the menacing shroobs. (see this cutscene for more details.

5. Midbus (from Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story) ~ This guy is funnier than the Shroobs. This pink bull/pig thing's stupidity and foreign way of talking is hilarious. Notable quote: "Taste your fist? Ha ha ha. I think not. I HAVE NO TASTE!!!"

4. Don Paolo (from the Professor Layton series) ~ I love this guy. He has a great accordion-based theme, a bizarre design, a crazy habit of wearing amazing, near-perfect disguises, and a surprisingly moving backstory.

3. Fawful (from the Mario & Luigi RPG series) ~ This little alien-thing is amazing. He has some of the funniest one-liners in all of video game history. Playing Cackletta's underling in Superstar Saga, then reduced to a brief cameo in Partners in Time, then finally obtaining his well-deserved role as main villain in Bowser's Inside Story, we love Fawful and demand more of him!

2. N (from Pokemon Black and White) ~ N was such a great character. Shame that he didn't realize Ghetsis's true intentions before the end of the game. I especially liked how in order to emphasize his fast mumbling speech, all of his text moved faster than other peoples'. Plus N's Farewell totally wins.

1. Bowser Jr. (from the Mario series) ~ Come on. He's adorable AND threatening. And he had some great boss battles in Super Mario Galaxy, most notably the Megahammer.

DonValentino

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 10, 2011, 11:43:43 AMwe love Fawful and demand more of him!

In my opinion, in Mario & Luigi RPG 4, Fawful should return to Beanbean Kingdom to try to revive Cacketta again. I mean, the Beanbean Kingdom was awesome, and I think Nintendo should bring it back. They could introduce Wario, Waluigi and Bowser somehow, along with new characters.  ;D
Also, they could combine Bros. Attacks (advanced commands were AWSOME) and attacking objects to make battles more awsome.
Superstar Saga is my favorite M&L RPG, and I don't want it to be forgotten.  :P

Who doesn't remember Popple and Rookie (Birdo)? Boo-Stupid-Hoo! I love how Mario and Luigi react when they see Birdo! lol

SlowPokemon

I loved Popple. Stupid how he runs away after you beat Bowser though.

DonValentino

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 11, 2011, 05:59:30 AMI loved Popple. Stupid how he runs away after you beat Bowser though.

That's what makes him even cooler!  ::)

Super Zombie

The villain from Heavy Rain. I won't spoil it because it would ruin the whole game.