News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yugi

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on January 08, 2014, 10:33:40 AMJust finished MGS4.  Easily one of my favorite series, with twists that surprise you even at the veeeeery last minute :P
Isn't the ending like 80 hours long

KefkaticFanatic

The epilogue is about 70ish minutes I think?  But the whole ending sequence is about 2 hours total if you include the bits of gameplay that are more cinematic plus boss fight (which isn't long).

me irl
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Right now, I'm mainly playing Borderlands 2 and HoMM VI (calling it that because MMH VI is just wrong).

Borderlands is very fun, but the beginning was extremely rough (especially starting with Zer0- I have mastered the art of using sniper rifles, though, so that's a plus!). The bosses are intense, even though I'm overleveled a little bit, especially Wilhelm (who I had to defeat with a little sniper-rifle exploit :P).

HoMM VI is a good game- although I'm not too far in, I like it a little bit better than HoMM V, but I still have a few complaints about it:
1: Needing Uplay to play is frivolous.
2: Lack of all the typical resources is a bit unnerving for a longtime player like me- I would have preferred if, instead of just eliminating the resources, they added a resource specific to each faction (e.g. crystals for Haven, sulfur for Inferno).
3: Mission-based gameplay makes the campaign somewhat easier than the older games (although this is also a complaint I had with HoMM V).
4: Some of the creatures look a bit too "WoW-ish" (this was also a complaint about HoMM V- in specific, the muscle demons). This is more of a complaint about the world Ubi has created rather than the game itself.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yugi

Playing Persona 4 right now

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

colinha667

I just Finished A Link Between Worlds

mikey

Quote from: colinha667 on January 14, 2014, 11:27:29 AMI just Finished A Link Between Worlds
That's cool!  Did you 100% it or just finish the storyline?
I'm playing a link to the past right now :)
unmotivated

Wiiplayer26

I got a Steam account recently, so I've been playing Super Hexagon (anyone ever try this? It's very addicting!), Super Meat Boy, and Bioshock. I'm hoping to start A Link Between Worlds soon. I've heard a lot of great things about it so I'm looking forward to it!

FierceDeity

Quote from: colinha667 on January 14, 2014, 11:27:29 AMI just Finished A Link Between Worlds
Quote from: Wiiplayer26 on January 17, 2014, 07:01:54 PMI'm hoping to start A Link Between Worlds soon. I've heard a lot of great things about it so I'm looking forward to it!

It's quite possibly my favorite Zelda game. Definitely in my top 3.

mikey

Quote from: FierceDeity on January 17, 2014, 07:31:53 PMIt's quite possibly my favorite Zelda game. Definitely in my top 3.
I haven't played it.  Is it all it was hyped up to be?
(My parents think I don't need a 3DS)
unmotivated

FierceDeity

I mean, based on that quote, you probably have an idea of what my answer's going to be :P
But yeah, I think it really does live up to the hype. Beautiful soundtrack, beautiful take on link to the past animation, great "open world" feel, pretty good story. The wall merging thing didn't end up being nearly as gimmicky as I thought it'd be, either; it added a nice dimension no pun intended to puzzles.

SlowPokemon

You need a 3DS bc it's the best console on the market at the moment
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 18, 2014, 08:22:48 AMYou need a 3DS bc it's the best console on the market at the moment
My parents don't believe me D:
unmotivated

Yugi

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 18, 2014, 08:22:48 AMYou need a 3DS bc it's the best console on the market at the moment
I'd say PS3/4, but that opinion is good as well.

mikey

Quote from: Yugi on January 18, 2014, 03:21:10 PMI'd say PS3/4, but that opinion is good as well.
Would you believe me if I said Playstation controls are too complex?
unmotivated