News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roz~

Wow I didn't expect my comment to start a debate =P
I do like a good challenge, but really as long as the game is fun I don't really mind.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

KefkaticFanatic

You can make a game not particularly difficult yet entertaining so long as you have a sufficient level of variety in the environments and gameplay.  That's generally my issue with the NSMB series since they're all the same game and for the most part boringly easy.  That's how I started feeling halfway through Super Mario 3D Land as well, and it pretty much just became my casual game of choice for the month.  Haven't touched it in a few though..

Nintendo would do well to just switch entirely to portable casual experience, they seem to be quite good at it, and certainly have a better grasp of it than the home console.

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

::) somebody hasn't played Super Mario 3D World
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

KefkaticFanatic

Yea everybody keeps saying it's magically different than all the other games, but I guess I'll just find that out in a few years when I find the Wii U is worth buying for myself :P  The one at home isn't even set up anymore and I'm only here for another week so I won't bother now.

me irl
[close]

mikey

I'll never be able to play any 3D games
or HD games (Wind Waker)
unmotivated

FierceDeity

blueflower999

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on March 25, 2014, 03:58:51 AMNintendo would do well to just switch entirely to portable casual experience, they seem to be quite good at it, and certainly have a better grasp of it than the home console.
At the moment this is obviously true, but you can't deny the huge success of the Wii.

Plus as far as I'm aware the Wii U's competition isn't doing stellar either.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

KefkaticFanatic

Xbone has been having a bit of trouble, but PS4 sales have been fantastic.  However, both are leaps and bounds ahead of Wii U.

The biggest issue with Wii U is the archaic online and outdated hardware which will guarantee it never gets a big 3rd party showing.  The only way for Nintendo to zap some life into it would be to buy a bunch of studios or make a lot more publishing deals like they did with Bayonetta so that they can actually have a library to make the console more appealing to the average consumer.  They also need to actually freaking advertise for once since half of everyone just thinks it's some addon for the Wii or barely different.

Honestly I would hope they would just make this a short life console and give us a real next gen machine within another year or two, but seeing them kick life into some of their more unused IP (a la Retro with Metroid) and maybe spark up some new ones would also be fabulous.  This upcoming E3 (well their not really E3 Nintendo Direct) is probably the most important moment for the near future of Nintendo.

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

That sounds pretty intelligent for complete BS

mikey

I thought playstation nearly went bankrupt.
unmotivated

SuperFireKirby

That was before the PS4's release and they were banking on its sales to keep them from going under, methinks. But their sales for it are at some 6 million units, so I think they're doing okay.

Also, Persona 3's lack of letting me control any members in my party except the protagonist is really starting to bug me. It completely takes the strategy out of fights, which is the one fun thing about turned-based combat. Also, party members do tons of things that piss me off.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

KefkaticFanatic

Sony as a corporation has been having financial issues, but that has had nothing to do with their Playstation division.  They also make TVs, computers, cameras, etc.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 26, 2014, 05:49:34 AMThat sounds pretty intelligent for complete BS

There have been multiple articles published on major websites detailing many things I mentioned, some of which I've posted here.  There's nothing wrong with engaging in a bit of constructive criticism, no matter how much fanboy blood flows within ;)

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

KefkaticFanatic

If you disagree and wish to engage in a conversation or debate, then feel free to bring up your own arguments.  Railing off with juvenile prattle is not constructive and does nothing to help with whatever point you're trying to make.

me irl
[close]

mikey

I feel like you two have a deep-seated hatred for each other that you cover up with condescending geniality.
unmotivated