News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 01, 2014, 07:42:23 AMI keep hearing about that game. What genre is it? Like what would you compare it to? And should I get it for Nintendo 3DS or Wii U?
Well, it's a 2D platformer in an "8-Bit Style" (It's obviously not actually 8-bit). It's got a lot of elements from games from the NES era; the world map is exactly like Mario 3, and most if not all of the stages are reminiscient of either Mario or Mega Man. It's also got a killer soundtrack, which you unlock in the sound test by going in and finding sheet music in each level which I thought was cool. There are a lot of things to unlock and the upgrades are interesting but don't make the game ridiculously easy. It's definitely got the difficulty of a NES platformer, too. I definitely reccomend it.

As for the version, I got the 3DS version because I still don't have internet for my Wii U. (also i was home at the time while the wii u was at my dorm) I wasn't planning on using the 3D function as usual, but when I turned it on to see what it was like I was actually pleasantly surprised. For a 2D game, it pulls of stereoscopic 3D quite well, which seems impossible lol.

Anyway, yeah go get it now it's only like 15 bucks and totally worth it.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

FierceDeity

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 01, 2014, 07:33:41 AMPlaying a mix of Alpha Sapphire and A Link Between Worlds, because pokemon's starting to get worse even though I'm hoping it'll change by the time I hit Mauville, but A Link Between Worlds is as challenging as ALTTP and so I just can't stop playing it D: like this game is almost as good as wind waker and probably is the best handheld game I've ever played

ALBW is actually one of my top 5 favorite Zelda games, handheld or not. If you haven't beaten that yet, do it before getting more into ORAS, not because I think ORAS is less worth your time, but because ALBW is a lot quicker, and its postgame (i.e. hero mode) is something you're going to want to come back to later, as opposed to pokemon postgame which I've always found most alluring directly after beating the game.

Related, I didn't discover streetpass until smash 3ds, so coming back to ALBW and fighting other people's shadow links was really fun. (It'd be even better if the person was notified when I beat them just using my superpowered lantern and/or net)

Pit0010

Quote from: maelstrom. on December 01, 2014, 05:14:26 AMXenoblade is a beat-'em up? ???

Sorry! I was still referring to Smash for WiiU XD
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

Yugi

So can someone nominate me for the "most skilled gamer" award now?

mikey

fingerz will always be better than us all
unmotivated

fingerz

Hahaha! With Nintendo games only... XD
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Waddle Bro

I still have you beat on Mario Kart 8 good sir

fingerz

True, but I've been practising. We'll have to duke it out again sometime soon. :P
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Waddle Bro

i'm always down for me whooping and shoving that green shell so far up your pale ass that you will still be shitting pixels when mario kart 9 comes out

Dude

fingerz

Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 06, 2014, 05:36:24 PMi'm always down for me whooping and shoving that green shell so far up your pale ass that you will still be shitting pixels when mario kart 9 comes out
Yeah, DK needs to tan his ass more often. :P

It is on.

mikey

Man I can't wait until I "officially" get a wii u lol
gonna be crazy
unmotivated

Sebastian

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 06, 2014, 05:50:28 PMMan I can't wait until I "officially" get a wii u lol
gonna be crazy
Wait, I thought you had a Wii U?

Maelstrom

Why can't I stop playing super hexagon.........

Pit0010

Quote from: fingerz on December 06, 2014, 05:23:54 PMTrue, but I've been practising. We'll have to duke it out again sometime soon. :P

haha...I wonder if I can still beat you...with cough motion controls cough >:3 MWAHAHAHAH XD
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030