See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Quote from: K-NiGhT on October 22, 2015, 08:54:15 PMtry 120
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

where are they all?  I thought there were only 10 in each level and then the rest were on delfino plaza?
unmotivated

Latios212

OH MY GOD YOSHI'S WOOLLY WORLD IS SO ADORABLE

AND THEY BROUGHT BACK GOOD LEVEL DESIGN AND GOOD MUSIC I'M SO HAPPY
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

I replayed New Super Mario Bros. U in conjunction with New Super Luigi U (which I hadn't played yet) and I had a really good time. I would clear a world in NSMBU and then play the remixed challenged world of NSLU and it made for a nice balance (though viewing the same cutscenes in each version does get old). I might write a review on these games soon.

Also I'm playing Rise from the Ashes, which is super cool.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SlowPokemon

TBH I 100% completed both New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U and I think they might be my new favorite 2D Mario games. Especially New Super Luigi U; the whole "really short, really challenging" mechanic ended up giving me a legitimately great experience with every new level (unlike the main game, which plays it fairly predictably and safe at the beginning and doesn't really get to be great until somewhere around the third or fourth world).

I know I'm like three years late to the party on this one, but *wow.* Highly recommend playing these if you like 2D Mario, because they're seriously the best ever. They even knocked Super Mario Bros. 3 out of the top spot for me.

Olimar12345

That's surprising to hear. On the surface they don't look very good...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Olimar12345 on November 04, 2015, 07:00:48 AMThat's surprising to hear. On the surface they don't look very good...

Yeah, I completely agree. And like I said, the first few worlds of NSMBU are really predictable and kind of lame. However, the game really becomes awesome and gets to be really challenging too. NSLU is much more challenging (maybe the toughest Mario game I've ever played) and basically has a cool level design from the beginning. So I really recommend it, but don't judge the game by the first two worlds, because those are definitely disappointing. (Also, be sure to go for 100% completion, because some of the coolest moments of either game are in the secret world)

Altissimo

Ace Attorney Investigations 2 (fan translation) if I haven't already mentioned it. Great game. Leagues better than #1. I'm also just hopelessly in love with Edgeworth so anything with him being prominent is Best

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Altissimo on November 04, 2015, 02:22:37 PMAce Attorney Investigations 2 (fan translation) if I haven't already mentioned it. Great game. Leagues better than #1. I'm also just hopelessly in love with Edgeworth so anything with him being prominent is Debeste

FTFY
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Altissimo on November 04, 2015, 02:22:37 PMAce Attorney Investigations 2 (fan translation) if I haven't already mentioned it. Great game. Leagues better than #1. I'm also just hopelessly in love with Edgeworth so anything with him being prominent is Best

I *am* Edgeworth. His personality is the same as mine.

Tbh I'm hopelessly in love with Apollo

Altissimo

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 04, 2015, 03:10:02 PMTbh I'm hopelessly in love with Apollo

I'm also hopelessly in love with Apollo too tho

K-NiGhT

With just over 2 weeks before PSMD coming out, I've been playing through the series one more time again (some of you may remember me saying that I was going to do all three between May and now, but that took all of like 3 weeks.) I'm up to Explorers right now, then I'll try to struggle through Gates one last time before the big one. Can't wait!
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Olimar12345

I just picked up Stella Glow for the 3DS, but I can't play it until after orchestra rehearsal! >~<

UPDATE: eh suuuuper slow and meh story. Nothing to write home about yet. (And the main male role is named Alto and that is bugging me). I would be enjoying this game 1000x more if I could customize the controls. Idk how to explain it but L/R and U/D are switched.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

Playing Shovel Knight as Plague Knight
this game just got so much better and I would definitely recommend downloading it if you're looking for a cheap game to play when you're bored
unmotivated

Trainer Ave

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 23, 2015, 05:08:45 PMAlso I'm playing Rise from the Ashes, which is super cool.
What is this game about and what system is it for?
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server