News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Trainer Ave

ok nope I can't play bc i dont have a dreamcast
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

SlowPokemon

I'm laughing pretty hard because Rise from the Ashes is the fifth episode of the game Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

I've never been entirely clear on what a Dreamcast even is
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

unmotivated

Altissimo

I am so much more amused than I should be for many reasons

edit: i will add though that everyone in the entire world needs to play ace attorney, no exceptions

Dudeman

Welp, I did it. I finally did it. After over a decade of calling myself a Zelda fan, I finally beat Ocarina of Time.
The game's good, but I wouldn't say it's the best of all time. Hyrule Field is mostly empty and doesn't have a lot going for it. I found myself sighing whenever I had to go somewhere that I couldn't just warp to. The combat's okay, but it usually devolves into block, swing, repeat. The dungeons were great, though, and I had a good time figuring them all out (Water Temple included; I only had one major backtracking issue throughout the whole thing, and I was wise enough to place Farore's Wind at the spot earlier so I could jump back to it). Bosses were generally awesome too. The main problem I had was how vague things were at times. There were points where I was certain that if I hadn't known what to do in advance from watching playthroughs in the past, I might have been stuck for a long time. And the plot? Eh, Zelda games this early on didn't have or really need a brilliant plot, and this game in particular thrives more on its gameplay anyway. Best game ever? Nah. Best Zelda game ever? Maybe from a dungeon design standpoint, though I think it's a toss-up between this and Twilight Princess in that field. 8.5/10.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mastersuperfan

In my opinion Wind Waker is hands down the best Zelda game, no questions asked.

I don't think many people would agree with me though.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mikey

Quote from: mastersuperfan on December 17, 2015, 06:17:46 PMIn my opinion Wind Waker is hands down the best Zelda game, no questions asked.

I don't think many people would agree with me though.
real zelda fans agree with you

Quote from: Dudeman on December 17, 2015, 06:05:08 PMWelp, I did it. I finally did it. After over a decade of calling myself a Zelda fan, I finally beat Ocarina of Time.
The game's good, but I wouldn't say it's the best of all time. Hyrule Field is mostly empty and doesn't have a lot going for it. I found myself sighing whenever I had to go somewhere that I couldn't just warp to. The combat's okay, but it usually devolves into block, swing, repeat. The dungeons were great, though, and I had a good time figuring them all out (Water Temple included; I only had one major backtracking issue throughout the whole thing, and I was wise enough to place Farore's Wind at the spot earlier so I could jump back to it). Bosses were generally awesome too. The main problem I had was how vague things were at times. There were points where I was certain that if I hadn't known what to do in advance from watching playthroughs in the past, I might have been stuck for a long time. And the plot? Eh, Zelda games this early on didn't have or really need a brilliant plot, and this game in particular thrives more on its gameplay anyway. Best game ever? Nah. Best Zelda game ever? Maybe from a dungeon design standpoint, though I think it's a toss-up between this and Twilight Princess in that field. 8.5/10.
The plot is pretty well-thought out imo
And the water temple is actually enjoyable because it's like the only dungeon ever that isn't linear
unmotivated

AwesomeYears

I really want to start arranging more stuff but Football Manager 2016 gets in my way! (Good thing it's the demo so I won't be on it a lot for long)

K-NiGhT

Got The Wonderful 101 on sale today, so I'm gonna see what that's all about. Also actively searching for Bayonetta 1+2 right now.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

MaestroUGC

Wonderful 101 is the brightest shining gem on the Wii U library.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: K-NiGhT on December 19, 2015, 09:29:48 AMGot The Wonderful 101 on sale today, so I'm gonna see what that's all about. Also actively searching for Bayonetta 1+2 right now.

GameStop sells the two Bayonetta games for $45 now I think?

K-NiGhT

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 19, 2015, 10:06:03 AMGameStop sells the two Bayonetta games for $45 now I think?
got a new copy at Gamestop for 30
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

SlowPokemon

Trainer Ave

Anyone know any good fantasy or adventure style games for the Nintendo 64? I already have two Zelda games and a castlevania game.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server