What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on September 15, 2016, 07:01:19 AMI really got no sense of adventure playing ocarina of time.
Did you finish Ocarina of Time? Because if you did, then the next one for you is going to be Majora's Mask. No questions asked. Easily contending for title of best Zelda game.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Dudeman

I always find it interesting how Majora's Mask, which is possibly the least Zelda-like Zelda, is often hailed as one of the best games, if not the best game, in the series. Not like it doesn't deserve it, I just find that interesting.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

cashwarrior1

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 15, 2016, 04:53:57 PMEasily contending for title of best Zelda game.
Everyone says Majora's Mask is the best zelda game. I agree that it's better than OoT, but I didn't really enjoy much of my play-through of it. Most likely because I didn't do much of the side quests (and because my opinion on zelda is "contaminated" because I think PH is a great zelda game), I felt like it had too much that it scared me away. If I ever do get to doing all of the side quests, I don't think that'll change my view because I'm sick of looking at OoT/MM graphics.

Ninja'd by Dudeman

JDMEK5

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on September 15, 2016, 04:58:04 PM(and because my opinion on zelda is "contaminated" because I think PH is a great zelda game)
PH is a great Zelda game though. It totes is. It's just that there are a lot of better ones.. XD

Quote from: Dudeman on September 15, 2016, 04:57:20 PMI always find it interesting how Majora's Mask, which is possibly the least Zelda-like Zelda, is often hailed as one of the best games, if not the best game, in the series. Not like it doesn't deserve it, I just find that interesting.
It's cuz it's so real. It's like "anti-Yoshi's-Story". It dives right into the deeper darker aspects of life and I love it for that. And so do millions of others.

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on September 15, 2016, 04:58:04 PMI don't think that'll change my view because I'm sick of looking at OoT/MM graphics.
I'm sorry you spent so much time looking at the graphics. These games weren't about the graphics ever at all. The technical limitations were too great. Today graphics are all the rage cuz we can make new advances in it but back then it wasn't graphics that made or broke a game (for the most part).

Also, I'm going to take this moment again (yes, again) to tell everyone here who has played the game but not read about it to watch the game theory videos on it cuz my appreciation for it shot like a soviet missile after that.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Dudeman

About the graphics: good news! The 3DS remakes are gorgeous!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

cashwarrior1

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 15, 2016, 05:06:01 PMI'm sorry you spent so much time looking at the graphics. These games weren't about the graphics ever at all. The technical limitations were too great. Today graphics are all the rage cuz we can make new advances in it but back then it wasn't graphics that made or broke a game (for the most part).
I only dislike the graphics (of both the N64 and 3DS versions) because it's too "dark" for my tastes. I enjoy more cartoon-ish and bright graphics. Although Majora's mask fits the dark graphics perfectly, OoT doesn't imo which is why I was tired of it. On the positive side, Majora's Mask had great dungeons and difficulty, I really like how the game actually got me to look up what to do.

JDMEK5

Quote from: Dudeman on September 15, 2016, 05:18:43 PMAbout the graphics: good news! The 3DS remakes are gorgeous!
I kind of agree. I don't like Link's new animations (compared to the originals, they look goofy and clumsier imo) and some other sprites were changed to look like things that I didn't see in my original playings but eh, overall, yes they did a good job. I am particularly impressed with the refining of the controls.

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on September 15, 2016, 05:34:56 PMI really like how the game actually got me to look up what to do.
Quote from: cashwarrior1 on September 15, 2016, 05:34:56 PMI really like how the game actually got me to look up what to do.
Quote from: cashwarrior1 on September 15, 2016, 05:34:56 PMlook up what to do.
Don't say this too loudly in public someone may shoot you.

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on September 15, 2016, 05:34:56 PMI only dislike the graphics (of both the N64 and 3DS versions) because it's too "dark" for my tastes. I enjoy more cartoon-ish and bright graphics.
Well, to each their own taste I guess. Currently I'm engaged in the world of Assassin's Creed which is much darker than any Zelda game but eh. I like that kind of thing. A lot.

My Arrangements

mikey

Majoras mask is super zelda ish.  Only adventure of link isn't zelda ish
unmotivated

cashwarrior1

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 15, 2016, 05:39:31 PMMajoras mask is super zelda ish.  Only adventure of link isn't zelda ish
Don't forget the all-famous Zelda CDI games, Twilight Princess Archery Practice, Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland, Tetra's Trackers, etc.

BlackDragonSlayer

majora's mask in a nutshell go 'head and shoot me
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

To be fair I did most of the game without a walkthrough and only using the Sheikah Stone twice (after trying a long time and failing to figure out what to do, in both cases it turned out to be a fairly simple solution). It was only when I was getting tired of the game, around the end of the Stone Tower Temple, that I started looking up what to do.

Also, I'm a bit over halfway into the new Ace Attorney game. It's really good, but the third episode that I just finished was way too long.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Trainer Ave

I definitely have been enjoying Majora's Mask. I like how THERE IS ACTUALLY THINGS HAPPENING IN THE OVERWORLD. Also aside from exploring dungeons there is a ton of stuff to do. My only problem so far with Majora's Mask is the start is confusing as hell.

Meanwhile I'm also playing through Okami, SSBB, The Legend of Zelda, TLOZ Skyward Sword, TLOZ Twilight Princess, Metroid Other M, and Guitar Hero III on expert.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Nebbles

I finally finished Fire Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow, so that's one more FE to cross off the list.

In the mean time, I might start an Omega Ruby nuzlocke to hype myself up for Sun and Moon into two months.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Always wanted to get into FE, the games are too expensive for me XD
what is shitpost

Nebbles

not if ya emulate them

But, I am the local NSM Fire Emblem nerd - well, alongside Maelstrom - and will be happy to lend advice and such for anything pertaining to Fire Emblem!
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel