News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

It was a satisfying game for me with some fun completionist quirks.  Compare it to something like Phantom Hourglass though, which is straight up trash.

me irl
[close]

cashwarrior1

I wasn't comparing it to Phantom Hourglass. I was hinting that I like Phantom Hourglass.

Trainer Ave

It's ok cashwarrior. I enjoyed Phantom Hourglass as well. It's a lot better than some Zelda games that came before it. Zelda II, Oracle of Seasons, Ocarina of Time. It's also better than some games that came after it. Triforce Heroes.

Some of the mechanics of Phantom Hourglass were annoying and the Temple of the Ocean King was a bit of a drag but despite all of that, the adventure in the game is phenomenal.

I'm amazed I spelled phenomenal correctly on my first try.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Nitro Indigo

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on September 27, 2016, 06:12:11 AMI enjoyed Phantom Hourglass as well. It's a lot better than some Zelda games that came before it. Zelda II, Oracle of Seasons, Ocarina of Time.
OOOOOHH CONTROVERSIAL!
(I still respect your opinion, I was just making a joke.)

Also, ONM once describe The Wind Waker as "a Pixar blockbuster". In that analogy, I'd say that Phantom Hourglass is Finding Dory.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

SlowPokemon

^Finding Dory is my favorite movie I've seen in 2016. Fight me. It's also my favorite Pixar along with Ratatouille.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

your favorites are not the popular ones thus your opinion is invalid
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Nitro Indigo

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 27, 2016, 08:08:33 AM^Finding Dory is my favorite movie I've seen in 2016. Fight me.
Seconded, and I've seen Kubo. We need to make another thread for this.
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Nitro Indigo on September 27, 2016, 08:35:57 AMSeconded, and I've seen Kubo. We need to make another thread for this.

I thought Kubo was amazing as well, but the visuals and overall atmosphere worked better than the story (not that the story was bad, but it's better in Dory).

Sausage Party was probably the funniest movie I saw all year, though. I can't wait to see that one again.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Trainer Ave

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 27, 2016, 08:18:58 AMyour favorites are not the popular ones thus your opinion is invalid

And this is the logic of the majority of Americans.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Sebastian

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 27, 2016, 08:08:33 AM^Finding Dory is my favorite movie I've seen in 2016. Fight me. It's also my favorite Pixar along with Ratatouille.
Me three. I loved it.

Trainer Ave

I actually wanted to watch Finding Dory for nostalgic purposes but never got around to it. I might watch at some later date.

Also I'm finally buckling down and actually trying to complete a game.

Majora's Mask
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Nitro Indigo

Kubo was nice to look at, emotional, and the last shot gave me feels, but Finding Dory was more exciting, in my humble opinion. Once again, we need a thread for this.

Back on-topic, I haven't actually played a video game in ages. I got lost in the Great Boogly Tree in The Thousand-Year Door, the last game I played on my own.

Sebastian

Quote from: Nitro Indigo on September 27, 2016, 11:35:15 AMBack on-topic, I haven't actually played a video game in ages. I got lost in the Great Boogly Tree in The Thousand-Year Door, the last game I played on my own.
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door GREATLY improves once you get past Boggly Woods.

Nebbles

For real, it so does. Though Boggly Woods might be my favorite place, aesthetically.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

All zelda games are really good, except for adventure of link
unmotivated