News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daj

Well, the Switch isn't in Singapore yet. Derp :p

Bought Transistor (from Supergiant, creators of Bastion) on iOS two days back and finished it for the first time today. My god is it a beautiful game. <3 The final boss fight is just fucking beautiful, the music is beautiful, and the mechanics are crazy. Oh, and the plot is creative, and it unfolds magically.

It's such an awesome game, definitely recommending it for anyone who's willing for some quiet enjoyment ^^

mikey

After a total of maybe 10 hours of playtime, I can safely say not only is botw not Canon, it's also a spinoff game (or 7 spinoff games)
unmotivated

Maelstrom

But do you hate it?
Is it as bad as you were saying?

mikey

I had to take off the Zelda glasses, but it's enjoyable
unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 07, 2017, 07:13:21 AMAfter a total of maybe 10 hours of playtime, I can safely say not only is botw not Canon, it's also a spinoff game (or 7 spinoff games)
i.e.: Downfall timeline, and anyone who listened to any interviews up to this point should already have guessed that
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

Some idiots are sticking to adult de-flooded timeline, but afaik zora don't appear in that one.
The wolf link amiibo also rules out adult timeline, since it has to take place at the same time as twilight princess in another timeline

But still, nothing impa has said be reconciled with an existing game (although, I have a hunch most of the story will refer to ocarina of time)
unmotivated

Olimar12345

The wolf amiibo support seems more like a gimmicky fan-pleaser rather than a canon thing.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Nebbles

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 07, 2017, 09:58:39 AMThe wolf amiibo support seems more like a gimmicky fan-pleaser rather than a canon thing.

Because that is exactly what the amiibo support is lmao it's not "canon" to botw
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

When you use it it says something like wolf link traveled from another plane of existence
unmotivated

Nebbles

Your point? The same thing happens in Fates when you use Fire Emblem amiibos.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

My point is even though it's just a fun gameplay thing its use in the game fits canonically
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 07, 2017, 10:12:23 AMWhen you use it it says something like wolf link traveled from another plane of existence

So wouldn't/couldn't that mean any of the timelines, just adding to the "who gives a fuckery?"
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

LeviR.star

This may not be the correct topic for this question, but why has the Submissions thread been so dead lately?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dudeman

Yeaahhhhhhhh this is the topic for what video game you happen to be playing atm

Best guess at your question is people are busy (shrug)
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

People are busy playing combination skyrim, dark souls, harvest moon, monkey ball, big game hunter, my horse and me, nintendogs, and zelda
unmotivated