News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is anyone here still playing Super Mario Bros. 35 a lot? I find that I really enjoy the Special Battles but am not as excited anymore by the regular mode. It's sad that the Special Battle mode is only available during the weekend. Although it does mean I have time for other games. :P
I have been playing Super Mario Bros. 2 (U) and Gradius besides, both on Switch Online.

Kricketune54

Quote from: 607 on November 08, 2020, 02:22:23 AMIs anyone here still playing Super Mario Bros. 35 a lot? I find that I really enjoy the Special Battles but am not as excited anymore by the regular mode. It's sad that the Special Battle mode is only available during the weekend. Although it does mean I have time for other games. :P
I have been playing Super Mario Bros. 2 (U) and Gradius besides, both on Switch Online.

I've been playing it here and there, and I also agree about the Special Battles.  It's also a shame the game is only available for like 4 more months!

activefireball

Grandia I.  For the first time.

Getting odd vibes from it.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: activefireball on June 08, 2021, 01:24:40 PMGrandia I.  For the first time.

Getting odd vibes from it.
Oh? Elaborate? :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

activefireball

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on June 11, 2021, 10:23:58 AMOh? Elaborate? :P

From the beginning of the game Sue says this

"A first rate lady should be able to play an instrument like this as a sign of good breeding."

On top of the that, the romantic relationship between Justin and Feena.  So odd.

EDIT.  I don't think "Odd" is the right word.  It just feels not right to have two pre-pubesent people engaging in a romantic relationship.

However, if I played Grandia when it came out, I would have loved the romance between Justin and Feena because I could project myself onto Justin.

Maelstrom

I've been playing Trails in the Sky SC.
I liked the first game quite a bit, but I can see, despite only starting chapter 4, why people consider this to be the finest RPG ever made. The writing is fantastic, combat fun, and music solid. It's aged remarkably well for a game so old, and I'd highly recommend it to everyone. Unfortunately, it's not on the switch (yet), which I know is a dealbreaker for some. It can still run on most PCs, so please, please check it out, starting with the first game.

activefireball

On top of that, Trials in the Sky FC and SC work off of each other.  This is one thing that I like.

In FC the "Rank" of your character goes up in the guild.  That rank can be carried over to SC.  I don't know what it is for, but pretty cool feature.

I have FC on the PSP and SC on the vita as a digital download.

Third is on Steam.  Never got a physical release in NA. :(

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: activefireball on June 14, 2021, 12:18:24 PMFrom the beginning of the game Sue says this

"A first rate lady should be able to play an instrument like this as a sign of good breeding."

On top of the that, the romantic relationship between Justin and Feena.  So odd.

EDIT.  I don't think "Odd" is the right word.  It just feels not right to have two pre-pubesent people engaging in a romantic relationship.

However, if I played Grandia when it came out, I would have loved the romance between Justin and Feena because I could project myself onto Justin.
I don't know a lot about the game or its setting, but that quote is exactly the mentality people have had at points in human history.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Maelstrom

Quote from: activefireball on June 17, 2021, 09:52:47 AMI have FC on the PSP and SC on the vita as a digital download.
Third is on Steam.  Never got a physical release in NA. :(
I've been playing them all on steam. Gotta see those 2001 sprites in glorious 1440p 120 fps

activefireball

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on June 17, 2021, 10:02:19 AMI don't know a lot about the game or its setting, but that quote is exactly the mentality people have had at points in human history.

Exactly.

etbandung

does anyone play RYL ??its old game tho but still lit

Maelstrom

etbandung

Risk Your Life , its a open world mmropg , Human Vs Akhan Raid Each other citys between players to gain fame

Maelstrom

Is it even online anymore? I can only find news articles and reviews from 2005-2007.

Personally, I've never bothered with MMOs. I've always preferred single player games with defined endpoints, so I can finish a game and then do something else afterwards.

I was playing quite some different games (7 at once), and was intending to not start playing new ones until I had beaten most of them. I beat two of them, but then did pick up Super Mario Bros. 2 (J) again. But then I signed up to the GP day at the Super Mario Kart Tournament (http://www.ffsmk.org/?task=agenda), unexpectedly, and since then I've only been playing that, in hopes to practise enough to at least stand a chance at beating the CPUs. :P