The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HugoMeister

Gamer, instead of telling everyone you can arrange, why don't you prove it? You can't tell Beethoven his arrangements suck untill you can produce a sheet better than his.

Beethoven II:

They're good. Some of them *cough Twilight Realm cough* weren't so great, but you are a good arranger.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

KefkaticFanatic

Yes I can, I've played the piano for 10 years.  I'm pretty certain I know what is a good arrangement and what isn't.

I might arrange Terra from FFVI if nobody takes the request, but only if I remember and have the time and feel like it.

OH so my biscuits were very delicious, all nice and fluffy and flaky and buttery and I put some delicious honey in mine to maximize my tasteful experience.

----------------
Listening to: C02
via FoxyTunes

me irl
[close]

Beethoven II

Quote from: HugoMeister on March 01, 2008, 10:57:46 AMGamer, instead of telling everyone you can arrange, why don't you prove it? You can't tell Beethoven his arrangements suck untill you can produce a sheet better than his.

Beethoven II:

They're good. Some of them *cough Twilight Realm cough* weren't so great, but you are a good arranger.

Thanks Hugo, the Twilight Realm was hard though, i had to simplifiy down to be playable, taking some of it's intensity away...

Mike

Quote from: HugoMeister on March 01, 2008, 10:57:46 AMGamer, instead of telling everyone you can arrange, why don't you prove it? You can't tell Beethoven his arrangements suck untill you can produce a sheet better than his.

WTF are you talking about? Of course he can say such a thing. If you get a really bad cable service, will the cable company say you have no right to say it sucks unless you can make a better service? No. A better example, if playing a very bad game that sucks really, really bad. Will game developers say you have no right to say it sucks until you can produce a better game than them? Of course not.

Beethoven II

Mike, what is up with your sig. It's a crack up though :D

HugoMeister

Quote from: Mike on March 01, 2008, 11:19:27 AMWTF are you talking about? Of course he can say such a thing. If you get a really bad cable service, will the cable company say you have no right to say it sucks unless you can make a better service? No. A better example, if playing a very bad game that sucks really, really bad. Will game developers say you have no right to say it sucks until you can produce a better game than them? Of course not.

Well, that's taken out of context.

That only applies whenever the person doesn't have the knowledge or power to do such a thing. It's no problem to download NotePad, and since he's been playing 10 years, he should be able to make a better arrangement.

Like you said with the Gaming companies, the people can say a game sucks, but other companies will jump all over it to succeed where the original failed. They have the ability to do so, so they do it.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

Mike

Quote from: HugoMeister on March 01, 2008, 11:29:40 AMWell, that's taken out of context.

That only applies whenever the person doesn't have the knowledge or power to do such a thing. It's no problem to download NotePad, and since he's been playing 10 years, he should be able to make a better arrangement.

Like you said with the Gaming companies, the people can say a game sucks, but other companies will jump all over it to succeed where the original failed. They have the ability to do so, so they do it.

Anyone has the knowledge or power to do anything if they put their heart to it. I've been listening to music, watching movies, playing games and drawing for years and I have made music, made a few movies and draw a lot. The fact that I have some knowledge in everything still gives me the right to criticize something or find something really bad even if I don't do it as much as the people who do it and not because it sucks that I have to "prove" it by doing something better. It's just a very stupid argument.

It's the people who play the games including people who have knowledge in coding or art even if they don't do any games. Same way for people who play sheet music, they play them even if they arrange or not. If they find it sucks, they have every right to do so.

Lildigipoke2

Quote from: Beethoven II on March 01, 2008, 11:25:03 AMMike, what is up with your sig. It's a crack up though :D
i'm laughing so much over it...lol!

CHOCOLATEEEEEEE

B-Kpianist

Random: Have u ever noticed the similarity between the doomship theme from SMB3, SMG, Etc. and Gustav Holst's Planets Op.32 Mars, the Bringer of War? I guess thats where they got the idea for the song. But I pretty sure a lot of u knew that already :)

Lildigipoke2

I've been worried sick, Mister! Go to your room!

CHOCOLATEEEEEEE

evilsqueaky

Quote from: Beethoven II on March 01, 2008, 01:54:08 PMWhere were you?

My brother was touring colleges and I had to go with.
Quote from: Lildigipoke2 on March 01, 2008, 01:56:23 PMI've been worried sick, Mister! Go to your room!

*weeps*

Beethoven II

Lildigipoke2

yeah....we missed you!

wait a minute....we should have the I'm Away Topic again!

CHOCOLATEEEEEEE