News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruto

Hahaha I guess now's a good time to say the times I ate lunch with the chubby vegetarian, she ordered only french fries and french onion soup. That was probably only a little healthier than what I ordered (poorly made western sushi, which was just rice, seaweed and fish and a soy drink).

Ohh, skinny shaming happens. I don't think I've been to the doctor's without them assuming I have some kind of eating disorder or I was being starved at home. Have I also mentioned there are no adult's clothes that actually fit like they're supposed to, so I get suggestions to shop at kid's stores? But in general, I do hear less complaints about being being "skinny bitches" than land whales/cows/hippos.

I think anorexic models just use a ton of makeup. I lose weight when I'm sick and that comes with a lot of dark circles, bad skin and hair. One thing that's a giveaway is their ridiculously small looking knees that might be photoshopped. No matter how skinny your legs are, your knees should stay at a certain size so you can stand up...

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

mikey

Quote from: Ruto on June 27, 2014, 11:07:41 AMOne thing that's a giveaway is their ridiculously small looking knees that might be photoshopped. No matter how skinny your legs are, your knees should stay at a certain size so you can stand up...
Oh ya that was in a Poirot book.
unmotivated

Maelstrom

The shovel knight composer released the soundtrack+arrangements on bandcamp, as a pay what you want. I'm attempting to finish the main theme before I leave sunday.  It's still a possibility.

Ruto

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on June 26, 2014, 07:31:50 PMIt's also noteworthy that in many other (first world) countries, the definition of 'fat' is basically a little puffier than what's 'average' here.

I haven't done the research so I can't give an informed answer, but I would imagine given the quality of much of the food in our market, combined with the major income disparity issue (people will buy cheap food, which is usually shit), the vast majority of the obesity problem is self-induced.

It's not just because people are poor of course, there are the fat fucks who will just eat and not care that they're costing everybody else a shitton of money having to pay for their constant medical needs..

...okay I'm probably mean because I laughed. Puffy people, lol.

I think it's a lie that fast food is cheap. It's still cheaper to make all those chicken nuggets yourself. The extra labor from frying and cleaning is free exercise. People are just too lazy. And overfed, probably because it's also cheaper to make and serve larger amounts of food at a time.

BlackDragonSlayer

On a completely different topic:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/27/the-top-10-twilight-zone-episodes

My top 10:
10: One for the Angels
9: Deaths-Head Revisited
8: Night Call
7: The Hunt
6: It's a Good Life
5: The Living Doll
4: The Masks
3: The Obsolete Man
2: Eye of the Beholder
1: Time Enough at Last

Honorable Mentions:
Nightmare at 20,000 Feet
The Howling Man
The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street
Number 12 Looks Just Like You
Twenty Two
The Night of the Meek
To Serve Man
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Sebastian

Ruto

So today I was going to meet a friend to watch the Mexico game at a bar. But I forgot pretty much all of 5th Ave was blocked from the gay pride parade. I ended up walking to 18th street from 32nd street (it was super hot!) to just be able to cross 5th Ave! Then I had to walk back up to 30th street to the bar -.-

Anyway we watched the game, whined about the results, then decided to walk back to a train station. We walked along the parade and had a blast! They closed off at least a mile for the parade so the whole street was like a giant party. Chipotle was tossing out free shirts and I really wanted one, so I was thrilled they threw one in my direction. The shirt landed on top of a phone booth and I kept jumping up and down to get it, until this super tall guy came over and pulled it off for me xD

Then we kept walking up to find a cross point and it turns out there was one right on 34th -.- I guess the cop at 32nd really couldn't have told me that I didn't have to walk the whole distance to cross the street? -.- Oh well, it was fun...

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

mikey

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on June 27, 2014, 07:27:29 PMOn a completely different topic:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/27/the-top-10-twilight-zone-episodes

My top 10:
10: One for the Angels
9: Deaths-Head Revisited
8: Night Call
7: The Hunt
6: It's a Good Life
5: The Living Doll
4: The Masks
3: The Obsolete Man
2: Eye of the Beholder
1: Time Enough at Last

Honorable Mentions:
Nightmare at 20,000 Feet
The Howling Man
The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street
Number 12 Looks Just Like You
Twenty Two
The Night of the Meek
To Serve Man
Out of the ones there I've seen only Nightmare at 20,000 is remotely scary.  The rest are just meh.
unmotivated

Ruto

Quote from: spitllama on June 29, 2014, 10:12:45 PMOh city life

There wasn't any yaoi. Just some guys doing pushups. Most of the floats were just blasting club music with people dancing on them and waving.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on June 29, 2014, 10:55:41 PMOut of the ones there I've seen only Nightmare at 20,000 is remotely scary.  The rest are just meh.

out
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

braix

Ergh...I was thinking, and I just realized how boring I really may be to talk to. What do you guys think makes up a good conversation?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

FierceDeity

Well, it seems like you're already doing one thing wrong, and that's thinking about what to say XD

The reason a lot of people hate small talk is because it seems pointless, aimless, and superficial. That's because a lot of the things people say just end up being more of rehearsed formalities, repeated points of interest, etc. But if you come at it with a genuine interest in how the other person's doing, I've found it can be a lot more interesting. Don't worry about what specific things you say, because then it ends up being less interaction, more "waiting for your turn to talk". Just open up asking somebody how things are going, and go from there. If they provide a substantial response, talk about that. If they don't, and just return some similarly generic response ("Not much, what's up with you?"), don't be afraid to talk about yourself. But after that, just remember to ask about them. If you were talking about your job, ask them about theirs. Schoolwork, same thing. Some new show you're watching/game you're playing...well, you get the idea. My point is, ask genuine questions, and answer questions genuinely. If you actually end up talking about something substantial that you can talk freely about, that's great. My best friends are the ones where that happens automatically. But you're not always going to be talking to your best friends, or even people you have much common ground with. But, either way, you're both people, you both have days/lives that have been going some way or another, so there's always something to talk about.

mikey

"Hey man what's up"
"Nothin'"
"Aw that's too bad"
"Ya"
"..."
unmotivated

braix

"Eyyyy man, wassup?"
"Nothing, you?"
"Nothin."
"Uhh"
":I"
"ok see you at school"

this is how most of my conversations would go.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.