The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

da hell our MUN conference had sessions during normal hours and partytime at night, u got bamboozled

me irl
[close]

AwesomeYears

http://conjugalfelicity.com/maradonia/

Remember kiddies, don't overdo yourself by going ahead of you career at a young age too much, or you'll become infamous like her!
Basically, a 13-year old and her rich parents decided to self-publish the books she wrote at the age of ten called 'Maradonia', got a whole series out, making a god damn movie (with more in the making after) getting a theme park etc. Plz...

Edit: It's coming out in summer, actually I've gotta say, they actually progressed quite great even though the book was crap. They even premiered the trailer at their studios 5 days ago...

InsigTurtle

The reviews of that book are harsh.

This mun conference has been super crazy. Proof:
Spoiler
[close]

Dude

ATTN Americans: Do NOT say "happy memorial day" tomorrow as it is a day for remembering the soldiers who died in war.

Nothing happy about that. -_-

Bubbles

k i got sum srs q's 4 u

I casually mentioned this the other day because its just a normal thing for me, but I got some funny looks from my friends. Do certain words have colors that you always picture with them? Not things that are always a certain color (blue sky, white snow), but more abstract ones: tomorrow is indigo, the phrase "right now" is an orange, etc. I've always wondered about the things that we take for granted as "normal" because we've grown up with them and never thought to ask others if they experience the same thing, so now I'm asking!

Maelstrom

braix

I've always really wanted to do music performance collabs online. Either piano duets or like a band of different instruments. Possibly could anyone be interested in trying something like this?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

MaestroUGC

My fees are reasonably low, but I'm open to pro bono work.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Bubbles on May 24, 2015, 07:25:57 PMI casually mentioned this the other day because its just a normal thing for me, but I got some funny looks from my friends. Do certain words have colors that you always picture with them? Not things that are always a certain color (blue sky, white snow), but more abstract ones: tomorrow is indigo, the phrase "right now" is an orange, etc. I've always wondered about the things that we take for granted as "normal" because we've grown up with them and never thought to ask others if they experience the same thing, so now I'm asking!
Yeah, I get that too. I probably couldn't tell you what color/idea I associate different words with off the top of my head, but I know I just do it subconsciously. You're not the only one.

Quote from: MaestroUGC on May 24, 2015, 08:09:47 PMI'm open to pro bono work.
So I take it you're a huge fan of U2?

ZeldaFan

Quote from: Bubbles on May 24, 2015, 07:25:57 PMtomorrow is indigo, the phrase "right now" is an orange, etc. I've always wondered about the things that we take for granted as "normal" because we've grown up with them and never thought to ask others if they experience the same thing, so now I'm asking!
Hmm... that's an interesting thought, and I see where you're coming from with certain words... Like words you always see a certain color out in the world, e.g. the word "sale" is always red to me. But I don't consciously think about it

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

mikey

unmotivated

Bubbles

Yeah that was the response I was expecting. Either a "I kinda maybe might know what you're talking about" or "you're crazy"

@Zelda I see what you mean and the sale thing makes sense, but oddly sale doesn't have a defined color for me. I'm going to try and keep that in mind next time I notice a strong color for a word

mikey

I won't be able to think of tomorrow without associating it with the color indigo now

like what that's SO random
unmotivated

Tobbeh99

Wow, Benspinben has accepted a lot of submissions! Nice stuff! More sheets to the people! :)
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

AwesomeYears

But nobody has still looked at my Whispy Woods/Boss submission, it's the easiest to assess...