The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayastarr041

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 29, 2015, 09:53:45 AMOH WOW! You got to visit the Eiffel tower AND the Louvre? Very lucky! I only ever visited one monument in person, the Seattle Space Needle! I would love to visit Paris sometime...
Its really beautiful. You dont understand the beauty until you actually visit there and experience it.
Hero of Trains is the BEST! Love you girl!

ThatGamer

Quote from: mayastarr041 on August 29, 2015, 10:15:31 AMIts really beautiful. You dont understand the beauty until you actually visit there and experience it.

I know, I really should visit, juts need some money...
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Maelstrom

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 29, 2015, 10:00:28 AMIt's the useless activity/one on one conversations that don't involve any real topic that feel like they belong in a chat room.

mayastarr041

Hero of Trains is the BEST! Love you girl!

SlowPokemon

Hey guys, periodically since I pay to use Crunchyroll I get these "guest passes" via email. Basically what it is, is I can gift these to someone and without them having to sign up or give any information, they can use Crunchyroll Premium (that is, all episodes of their shows in HD with no ads) for a 48-hour period.

I don't really have anyone irl who'd want something like that, so is anyone here interested? For the record, my favorite anime, Kids on the Slope, is currently available on Crunchyroll, and since it's only a 12-episode series it'd be pretty easy to binge-watch. There are a lot of other anime available too, though.

Anyway, if anyone's interested in using my guest pass, PM me. First come, first serve.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FireArrow

Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 09:52:26 AMamen

and yes I know I've been posting a lot in this thread, especially today, but with today I feel like I'm trying to get some answers and I'm prolly gonna bag out of the whole off-topic board entirely after this unless I'm specifically addressed

Don't know why anyone hasn't said this yet, but NSM is a very pissy and dramatic community that overreacts to literally everything (not to say their aren't good things about it, but I digress.) I hate how people are saying "NSM has never been like this before." Remember when MLF said he didn't approve of gay marriage? Remember That Gamers first time here? Remember King Sammer? Remember the slow vs. kefka days? Slow vs. Olimar?

This only difference is usually there's breaks in between all the drama, but right now it's just one thing after another. I agree with locking the thread because it forces one of these breaks, however we as the community shouldn't need this special treatment. DM didn't need an entire lynch mob and dedicated tinychat meetings, everyone should of just ignored him and let a mod handle it (Why he wasn't immediately banned, I don't know.) If someone wants to talk about how they accidentally got pregnant and it could potentially ruin their lives, they should be able to come to the rant topic for support. If someone was raped, likewise. How would you feel if something life changingly horrible happened to you and NSM was just like "We don't want to hear it because it would ruin our good mood."

I'd type more but I got to go, bleh.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

FireArrow

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 29, 2015, 10:52:05 AMHey guys, periodically since I pay to use Crunchyroll I get these "guest passes" via email. Basically what it is, is I can gift these to someone and without them having to sign up or give any information, they can use Crunchyroll Premium (that is, all episodes of their shows in HD with no ads) for a 48-hour period.

I don't really have anyone irl who'd want something like that, so is anyone here interested? For the record, my favorite anime, Kids on the Slope, is currently available on Crunchyroll, and since it's only a 12-episode series it'd be pretty easy to binge-watch. There are a lot of other anime available too, though.

Anyway, if anyone's interested in using my guest pass, PM me. First come, first serve.

Kiss anime brah. Let's you hide the adds and it's free.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: FireArrow on August 29, 2015, 10:56:50 AMKiss anime brah. Let's you hide the adds and it's free.

Crunchyroll is legal and I can watch it on my TV

Maelstrom

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 29, 2015, 10:52:05 AMI don't really have anyone irl who'd want something like that, so is anyone here interested? For the record, my favorite anime, Kids on the Slope, is currently available on Crunchyroll, and since it's only a 12-episode series it'd be pretty easy to binge-watch. There are a lot of other anime available too, though.
I don't really feel the need for a guest pass, but I second that recommendation.
Great place to get started.

mikey

Quote from: FireArrow on August 29, 2015, 10:55:57 AMDon't know why anyone hasn't said this yet, but NSM is a very pissy and dramatic community that overreacts to literally everything (not to say their aren't good things about it, but I digress.) I hate how people are saying "NSM has never been like this before." Remember when MLF said he didn't approve of gay marriage? Remember That Gamers first time here? Remember King Sammer? Remember the slow vs. kefka days? Slow vs. Olimar?

This only difference is usually there's breaks in between all the drama, but right now it's just one thing after another. I agree with locking the thread because it forces one of these breaks, however we as the community shouldn't need this special treatment. DM didn't need an entire lynch mob and dedicated tinychat meetings, everyone should of just ignored him and let a mod handle it (Why he wasn't immediately banned, I don't know.) If someone wants to talk about how they accidentally got pregnant and it could potentially ruin their lives, they should be able to come to the rant topic for support. If someone was raped, likewise. How would you feel if something life changingly horrible happened to you and NSM was just like "We don't want to hear it because it would ruin our good mood."

I'd type more but I got to go, bleh.
I don't remember slow v kefka or slow v olimar, but that may have something to do with slow's general attitude, right slow?  Plus KingSammer was actually kinda funny, I liked him a lot better
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Quote from: FireArrow on August 29, 2015, 10:55:57 AMDon't know why anyone hasn't said this yet, but NSM is a very pissy and dramatic community that overreacts to literally everything (not to say their aren't good things about it, but I digress.) I hate how people are saying "NSM has never been like this before." Remember when MLF said he didn't approve of gay marriage? Remember That Gamers first time here? Remember King Sammer? Remember the slow vs. kefka days? Slow vs. Olimar?

It's very different from what was going on in those cases. This is the first time I've seen multiple members in a row post "this is uncomfortable or disgusting" without getting angry and blowing up. I understand the pissy/dramatic thing, because people get caught up in the heat of the moment or in some cases just want to defend their opinion. I seriously support that, it's what helps us be a lively community (if sometimes a harsh one). In this case, there are no sides to be taken; most of us are just kind of repulsed at the content. It's a weird situation that I've never seen before.

FireArrow

My point is we don't have to be repulsed by it. If you are, it's your job to avoid it, not everyone's job t not do it. The rant topic has every right to become repulsive and the rant topic is hardly the entirety of nsm.

Dude

I'm pretty sure slow vs kefka hasn't really stopped.

Kef just never posts as much.

Tobbeh99

About Paris:

Remembered I was in Paris for a week with my family.

It was really fun, Disneyworld was really great, best thing about the trip! Loouvre was intressting but Mona Lisa was a bit disappointing. The Eiffel tower was cool, we went up to the first floor. I remembered before the visit that I'd try to speak some french, which I studied in school, as this would be an excellent occasion for showing what I'd learned. But... in the end I was to shy so I didn't speak any french  :-\. And a final funny thing was that on one day when we was walking in the city we saw a lot people gathering and a lot of policemen. And it happen to be so that George W Bush was visiting Paris (wtf?) and minutes later he drew by on Champs Élysées, quiet amusing actually.

But my visit in Paris was a great trip and I enjoyed really well! Hope you're doing so you too Maya! :)
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

ThatGamer

Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"