News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Tobbeh99

If you ever happen to work with a very physical profession, like working at DHL terminal (or any logistic terminal), here's some tips I got (pretty much only based on personal experience and common sense):

1. Eat and drink well.
2. Keep a good body posture.
3. And also when you're lifting/carrying stuff (like going down when you're going to pick up some heavy stuff on the ground, to not hurt your back).
4. Remember to breath well (makes me feel relaxed at least, taking some few deep breaths at times).
5. Prioritize things and do things beforehand - so you don't get all stressed up.
6. Do not over-complicate things.
7. Do not try to lift unnecessarily heavy stuff. In the short term it can cause soreness, and in long run it could have harmful effect on your body when you're old (like trouble with your back for example).   
8. Relax, when you can (like after work).

The reason I wrote this is because I've really been feeling sore the last days. It must have to do with the increase in workload which have occurred is because it's december (the Christmas month) so it's a lot of packages and stuff at work. So I've been trying to take it more easy as my right arm and my shoulders have been feeling very sore, and it's become a real issue now (before I could felt like "I really worked a lot" but not have any pains or soreness). I'll start working earlier, which I think is a smart idea, so I have more time and therefore is less stressed. Hope it'll be better. :)
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Maelstrom

I now have a slightly less scary and more Christmasy avatar for now.

Sir Dino

do any of you ever have trouble..focusing? I'm in finals and I'm not sure if it's the stress because I know the material, but as I'm reviewing I blank out and it gives me more anxiety and does anyone have any good tips for focusing maybe.?

mikey

unmotivated

Maelstrom

Same. I can't ever study for more than 1 hour at a time and I'm lucky if I even sit down with the intention to study more than once for a big test.

FireArrow

I have the same problem. Listening to music can help, but usually it happens because I'm tired so I take a nap then do it when I wake up. If I get groggy though then I'm screwed
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Roz~

My coworkers are stupid and I always have to work overtime to fix their mistake
At least I'll have more money to buy Christmas presents

Quote from: K-NiGhT on December 08, 2016, 11:02:40 AMIts finals week and I'm dying inside

Good luck! I hated finals week
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SlowPokemon

I'm officially done with the semester now. Finals were hell
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Sebastian

Oronoco

Oh no, oh no no no, it's happening to me. My best friends are getting engaged.

I didn't think I'd get so old so soon. This was supposed to happen in like 5 years, but not now.
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

Tobbeh99

Got a nice end at work this day. Pretty calm and all, but when I was going to get home something somewhat scary happened:

I usually walk a bit to the station to take the train home. Like maybe 1km. I walk past a cemetery since it's between my work and the station. So I was walking there, I was walking fast as I had to catch my train. So I see, in the darkness some people (or at least one) smoking, I didn't see the person only the stub from his (or her) cigarette, which glow starkly in the darkness. So I just continued walking, but then, I looked back and a car came into the cemetery and turned around and stared driving towards me (and drove even though I'm not sure it's even a car road, more like a broad walking road). So I started running, thinking I'm not going to take any risks here (and I also need to catch my train (so I need to hurry). It continued driving towards me with lights on. I had a thought of running of the road and jumping of the fence so that the car won't be able to follow me. But I ignored the idea, thought it was a bit too extreme,  and just kept running and apparently run away from the car. It didn't drove at that high speed, probably could have if the person driving was really interested in catching up with me. So I escaped from that situation :). But was really tired, as I had worked all day, then ran away from a car, but it was nice to get home at last. I have no clue if it was the person who was smoking's car, and who it was.

But as I said, I don't take any risks when walking home late at a Friday (apparently there are more people out on Fridays, and more groups of people as well as security guards patrolling). So in the future I'll be more careful and take more "lit up" paths when going from work. But really it's the first time something scary ever happened when walking home after working till late. Sometimes I even thought it was kind of nice and relaxing walking home when it's dark and few people are around.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

ZeldaFan

I made a new friend at work! We have quite similar personalities (which I don't find often), but she knows how to do hair and makeup so I'm hoping she'll teach me a thing or two

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

Dudeman

Quote from: ZeldaFan on December 09, 2016, 05:40:39 PMI made a new friend at work! We have quite similar personalities (which I don't find often), but she knows how to do hair and makeup so I'm hoping she'll teach me a thing or two
But ZF, you're already beautiful
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book