News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvest

Quote from: universe-X on April 18, 2010, 12:43:12 PMTry to put yourself in their shoes years before this earthquake happened. What would you have done?

Not be black.
-

universe-X

HugoMeister

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: universe-X on April 18, 2010, 12:43:12 PMTry to put yourself in their shoes years before this earthquake happened. What would you have done?
The reason Haiti's earthquake was so devastating was because of their poorly enforced building code(if they have any). Contractors and builders, in order to save money, would mix lots of limestone into the cement they used for building. Now limestone is a very brittle material that will crumble very easily when under heavy amounts of stress(such as an earthquake). And there was about a 1:2 ratio of limestone to cement in those supports for buildings. So when the earthquake hit, the limestone crumbled and the buildings collapsed.
So I would have enforced building codes that would have prevented much of this disaster from happening.

On another note: I just devoured a extremely delicious 18 ounce t-bone steak and now I feel fat and sassy. Man, I love meat.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Harvest

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on April 18, 2010, 03:24:57 PMThe reason Haiti's earthquake was so devastating was because of their porrly enforced building code(if they have any). Contractors and builders, in order to save money, would mix lots of limestone into the cement they used for building. Now limestone is a very brittle material that will crumble very easily when under heavy amounts of stress(such as an earthquake). Adn they're wasd about a 1:2 ratio of lime to cement in those support for buildings. So when the earthquake hit, the limestone crumbled and the buildings collapsed.
So I would have enforced building codes that would have prevented much of this disaster from happening.

how did u get so smart

i are impressed
-

universe-X

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on April 18, 2010, 03:24:57 PMThe reason Haiti's earthquake was so devastating was because of their poorly enforced building code(if they have any). Contractors and builders, in order to save money, would mix lots of limestone into the cement they used for building. Now limestone is a very brittle material that will crumble very easily when under heavy amounts of stress(such as an earthquake). And there was about a 1:2 ratio of limestone to cement in those supports for buildings. So when the earthquake hit, the limestone crumbled and the buildings collapsed.
Thank you.

And you're not alone on that meat thing ;)

Thought at the Moment: If you can only see the love, then it's fake.

Brassman388

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on April 18, 2010, 04:02:51 AMYou could submit your revision of Swamp Tour from here, perhaps?

Speaking of which, I think the Fixing the Sheets Project could do with a bit of a revival.

Nah, I helped you with that.

Fixing the sheets is a bit of unorganized. I could make a new one, set out some actual rules that I didn't think of in minutes. That's if, and only if I could get a mod to sticky and keep it clean by those rules.

I would definitely help with the reviving of the submissions.

Seeker

Finally figured out why I suck so badly at sight singing. Awesome.
This is a signature.

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Seeker

Basically, I was trying to sing minor intervals by singing major intervals incredibly flat. Instead of actually, you know, singing a minor interval.
This is a signature.

KefkaticFanatic

Good ol Horowitz and his 2x tempo for everything.

me irl
[close]

Tranzlater

Wow this place has evolved lots since I was last here.

Haiti was waaaaay overblown. About a month later, Chile had an earthquake about a whole... uh... richter point?... bigger than the san fransisco one in the early 1900's.
That was briefly on google... and uhh... that's pretty much it.
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

Maretocks

Quote from: universe-X on April 18, 2010, 03:34:15 PMThought at the Moment: If you can only see the love, then it's fake.
Ahh, but she's so smart and exciting too!

I really must start my homework. Silly forum, distracting me from whatever it is that I'm supposed to be doing. That and my short attention span. Hey, look at that cloud. Wait, it's overcast. And night-time. Never mind.
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

Davey

No, you're misunderstanding the situation. Haiti had an earthquake that affected their capital city, Port Au Prince, and the problem with that is Haiti doesn't have the resources to be able to fix itself because it's so poor and most of Haiti's population was around or in the capital. Chile might only be a couple steps ahead of Haiti, but it wasn't as big of a deal because it was.

SuperFireKirby

Yeah, Haiti i think is the poorest country in the western hemisphere. Or in the top three at least. While Chile has got lots of money from ski resorts and bat poo fertilizer.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!