News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Dahans' arrangements: Christmas Surprise 2014

Started by dahans, November 13, 2009, 05:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I am looking for motivation... what do you want me to do nex?

Pokemon
19 (41.3%)
Super Mario
17 (37%)
Another medley
6 (13%)
Orchestrated arrangement
4 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Cobraroll

No idea. But I guess that's just the "small topic"-effect. Nobody looks at a topic with less than one full page. As soon as we hit page 2, it gets more interesting and receives more hits (look at Emergence, for instance).

Oh, and by the way, you should put repeats on Route 12. A proper ending would be cool too, but is not necessary as it can be improvised.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

dahans

You are probably right. Why do you think that repeats are necessary on Route 12?
However, next UPDATE: I was working the whole weekend and the past 3 days on it: Little Root town Duet. I think it's quite good!
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

universe-X

Cobraroll

Quote from: dahans on November 26, 2009, 08:32:53 AMWhy do you think that repeats are necessary on Route 12?
It's just too awesome to listen to to be over so fast  ;D

Littleroot Town is good, but when you have these "double" notes, I think they could be even shorter. Have a look at GreekGeek's version ( http://www.mediafire.com/?majyyztzmzz ), or use the slashed notes as seen in the Verdanturf Town sheet already on site. Also, 8va could be an idea on the last four measures (right hand, piano 1).

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

dahans

Whoops I didn't know that GreekGeek has already done that. Sorry Greekgeek! Your arrangment is better than mine ;).
OK I changed the bass notes, you were right Cobraroll, it sounds much better than! Thanks ;).

dahans

I forgot: I need help with Futuba Town, it sounds really really boring!

dahans

Cobraroll

Slateport City is really cool, but could do with some 8va. Really like the ending, though.

dahans

Cobraroll

I think you should check Chasing Bunnies again, because, sorry to say, it looks unfinished:

First and foremost, key signature. We may be talking up to four #s here.

Then, 8va. It's so high, it's hard to read.

Tempo could be adjusted as well. I can''t change the reading tempo in Reader, so I have no suggestions, but it should be higher than 140. Perhaps 160 or even 180.

Once that is fixed, though, we're left with an excellent arrangement. Keep it up!

EDIT: That's Twinleaf Town you're working on there. Futaba is the Japanese name.

dahans

Thanks a lot! This was a mistake of finale. I don't know why he didn't accept the 4#... However, I would be very glad if other people would listen to my arrangments. They might be not good though, but they could at least give them a try...

Cobraroll

I keep replying, the topic grows and looks more interesting, more people check it:

Now, Chasing Bunnies is really cool. Really bouncy and cute, just the way it's meant to be. Looking forward to see your fix of Slateport as well.

Keep it up!

Tangy

Yay Slateport! <3 I loved that song so much as a kid.

Your arrangement is much better than my half-finished half-by-memory one, lol. The reason mine was unfinished was because my finale notepad couldn't do key changes (and I never picked it back up when I got a product that could :P)... therefore, I know that there should be a key change to F Major (I think) at bar 31. (until bar 39) :)

Some 8vas would be helpful in some sections, for example bars 13-19. Also, I believe those bars had some sort of harmony part/ were chorded in the original.

Adding some accents on notes at some parts to replicate certain instruments (like, strong accents for the bell/ chime part, or making some of string/ a bit of the flute parts slurred) might be an idea.

That bass line is so awesome. ;D It sounds almost like a counter-melody on the piano, haha. But it really keeps the piece feeling upbeat like the original.

That ending was really cool. ;)

universe-X

'Tis about time we got the Bunny chasing! Great job on it! Sounds exactly like the original, but just a suggestion, the dynamics could be brought out a little more,as to connect it with the game as that loud annoying song at the end, Butm seriously,superb job!

As for Twinleaf/ Futuba town, I may be able to help once I actually here the song, but as for now, don't be afraid to add in a little more to it, as long as it sounds better and playable and still pertains to the original song, it should still be okay!  ;)

dahans