Dahans' arrangements: Christmas Surprise 2014

Started by dahans, November 13, 2009, 05:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I am looking for motivation... what do you want me to do nex?

Pokemon
19 (41.3%)
Super Mario
17 (37%)
Another medley
6 (13%)
Orchestrated arrangement
4 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 46

dahans

Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Cobraroll

Luigi Circuit is really good! Great work!

Just one thing: May I suggest you reformat your thread? Upload the .mid as well, and write it like this:

[b][CONSOLE ID] Game title:[/b]
[hr]
[b]"Song title"[/b]
[url=(your URL to the MediaFire page)][MUS][/url]
[url=(your URL to the MediaFire page)][MID][/url]

Will look a lot nicer and tidier. Put a [color=red]NEW!![/color] tag after your lastest three arrangements too if you like.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

dahans

The Deku Trombonist

Bowser's Castle is ok but it's not great. The left hand at the start is wrong. The octaves from measure 6 in the left hand aren't needed. You can also fill out the right hand chords a bit in that section. From measure 16 onwards it just sounds a bit empty.
Here's the original, have a listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcTdPl5jU30

Also, in Luigi's Circuit, the left hand isn't right, even though it somehow sounds ok. And some parts in the right hand are a bit off.

dahans

Why do you think the left hand in Luigi's circuit isn't right? It's really hard to say IMO, it's just improvised if you know what I mean.
You are absolutely right that it sounds a bit empty. I wanted to make it true to original. However, I should fill out the chords...

dahans

Cobraroll

Wow, you're really pumping out those arrangements! Let me have a look at...

oh...

Pollyanna...

*sheds a tear*

As dahans already knows, I'm technician for a local choir. They are open for suggestions for the next songs to sing. I was fiddling with the tought of suggesting Pollyanna, but wasn't sure on how well the song would sound when sung by a choir. I mentioned this to dahans, and... wow. Thanks for the arrangement! This is really awesome. Thanks for the dedication as well!

(Oh, and by the way, here is the original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmA5bGv6FSQ&feature=related )

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

MaestroUGC

The Choral Arrangement is good, but are a few prblems with the text in the alto and baritone lines...mainly its just that their staements are only fragmens of words or the vowels will not have a good combination together. I can explain in moe detail later.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

dahans

Have a look at the original, that's not my fault. I know sounds stupid sometimes, but these are the lyrics.

Brassman388

dahans

:D Thank you very much. What do you think about the other arrangments?

dahans

Slateport city fixed and UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cobraroll

Woohoo!

I'm on a small asteroid-like planet in outer space somewhere. The natives aren't very nice, but I just stomp them to death and grab their money. The planet is not much bigger than your ordinary car, but contains patches of tall grass, flowers and some rocks. I decide to jog around the equator once, which takes something like five seconds. On the North pole, a small light shines. I run around the planet once more, and kill all the natives I can find. The light on the north pole expands, and a star appears. Having harvested all resources I can find on the planet, I run up to the star, jump, and spin. I'm blasted in to open space, with a full symphonic orchestra playing in the background. Free flying among the stars, without a care in this world. That is Goog Egg.

Or, the ship is approaching the shore of Slateport beach. I give the last of my lunch to Peekco, Captain Stern's Wingull, and get ready to disembark. We drive up to the beach itself, and I jump out of the ship and wade the last few metres up to dry land. The beach is quite large, but crossing it is no big trek. the sun shines, the sky is clear with a faint salty breeze from the sea. Slateport Market is filled with people. Some sell dried seaweed, a lady neatly arranges her mats, while her son demonstrates how they play a tune when you step on them. I pass a stall where a woman hands out ribbons to Pokémon who have exceeded in training. The training guru is displaying jars with some brown-ish jelly he claims will make your Pokémon stronger. A poster advertises the Oceanic Museum's latest exhibit, another gives the date for the next Super Contest in town. The city is no place for battles, it's more of a social place. And the cheery music heard all over town just emphasises this even more. Great job.

Too bad you've put up the link to Slateport's .mid file twice instead of the .mus.

Also, may I suggest that you put songs from the same game together? Like for example:

Pokémon R/B/Y:

Indigo Plateau (links)
Trainer Battle (links)
Route 12 (links)

If you manage to organise the games alphabetically as well, it would be absolutely brilliant. Thanks!

dahans

I will do that when I will have arranged more than 20 songs. OK?
This was really poetical. I really really liked it. Well done ;).

universe-X