News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Nintendo 3DS

Started by pumpy_heart, April 27, 2010, 03:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pumpy_heart

Surprised no one has posted this...
The Nintendo 3DS!
Yes, it's been announced. Nintendo reports say it will have 3D effects without the need for 3D glasses.
It will be backwards compatible with the DS.
A date has not been announced for release, but it will be playable at E3.

Now for rumors.
http://nintendo3dsblog.com/
That site has everything you need to know, from possible 3D technique, to possible products, to possible mechanics going into the 3DS.

I personally think that since the 3DS will be playable at E3, mass production will not be a problem, and this thing may hit stores in 2010.

Your thoughts?

KefkaticFanatic

I'm just keeping quiet on it until E3.  You can never really know how the end product is going to be from the press release announcing it with little detail.

me irl
[close]

Taser9090

I want to get it... I really hope it is 3D looking and not like the regular DS...

I'm thinking Pokemon Black and White is going to be in this system.

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

universe-X

I agree with Kefka, I can't really say anything about it until I get a good look at it.

pumpy_heart

According to the official site for Black and White, it says its for the DS.
I suppose they wouldn't flat out say it's for the 3DS either. But I found it interesting.
Current screenshots are for the DS, so it looks like to me.

And assuming this is the sequel to the DS, it should have the processing power of a Gamecube.
The GBC had as much as the NES. The GBA, SNES. DS, N64. 3DS, GC?

universe-X

What I loved about the DS is that it already had way more memory than, like, an N64. Or, if that's wrong, then the amount that SMB or SM64 can handle at once.

Sir Awesomesauce

So it's just going to be a DSi with an accelerometer? Will there be any hardware/graphics updates?
You should read my post, it's probably above this.

KefkaticFanatic

The only information we have is that it will have a 3D screen, backward compatibility with DS games, and potentially be a single screen that can split into two for the BC.  The rest are vague rumors that should be ignored.

See this for an idea of what the screen will be: http://kotaku.com/5515661/nintendo-3ds-has-a-new-3d-screen-contender

me irl
[close]

universe-X

Ok, well I'm not about to play a game in public with 3D glasses. There better be a way to disable the 3D feature, if one is added.

Taser9090

Quote from: universe-X on April 29, 2010, 02:51:08 PMOk, well I'm not about to play a game in public with 3D glasses. There better be a way to disable the 3D feature, if one is added.
But you don't need 3D glasses.

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

universe-X

Quote from: Taser9090 on April 29, 2010, 02:59:56 PMBut you don't need 3D glasses.
Oh :P I looked at everything around the main picture...

Either way, our eyes actually respond to red and green. I remember looking at a (white) wall through one eye and it had a red tint. I looked at the same wall with the other: green tint.

Sir Awesomesauce

Quote from: universe-X on April 29, 2010, 06:17:08 PMOh :P I looked at everything around the main picture...

Either way, our eyes actually respond to red and green. I remember looking at a (white) wall through one eye and it had a red tint. I looked at the same wall with the other: green tint.
What? You should probably get your eyes checked. I'm pretty sure the colors they see should be the same for both eyes.

Quote from: kotaku...Hitachi unveiled its own display, a 3.1" screen that features similar parallax barrier and in-plane switching wizardry that makes flat displays look three-dimensional and offers a wide viewing angle.

Hitachi's option does not highlight any touchscreen capabilities making it a less impressive (or technically incompatible) screen option.
Wide viewing angle would be a major plus, but if it has backward compatibility, I'm not sure how it would be viable.
You should read my post, it's probably above this.

KefkaticFanatic

As I previously stated, they would simulate two screens.

me irl
[close]

Olimar12345

sooo, is it one big touch screen?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

universe-X

Quote from: Sir Awesomesauce on April 29, 2010, 09:29:12 PMWhat? You should probably get your eyes checked. I'm pretty sure the colors they see should be the same for both eyes.

Well, the 3D thing is different. If they can get this thing to work, then I will be amazingly impressed.

And you should try the looking-through-one-eye-thing sometime. And when you do, focus.