News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Games without violence

Started by TheLegend, June 08, 2010, 04:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheLegend

Just wondering:
Does anyone know any single game, just one game, that meets these two conditions and doesn't have violence?
Criteria

1. Cannot be educational

2.  Cannot be any sort of boring game (nintendogs, tetris, etc.)

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: TheLegend on June 08, 2010, 04:32:39 PM2.  Cannot be any sort of boring game (nintendogs, tetris, etc.)

And that's when I just shake my head and leave this thread.

me irl
[close]

SuperFireKirby

If you think Tetris is boring, you can just leave right now.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

raymondbl

Tetris is so easy.  It's like a puzzle, but a very easy one.  All puzzles are easy in my eyes.  If they made a twelve-blocked one, I would think it's not boring, but... Besides, most versions of Tetris has the blocks exploding, which is violence. 

Anything else? 

EDIT: Remember, I think all games are boring.  So don't pay any notice to me. 

HugoMeister

QuoteBesides, most versions of Tetris has the blocks exploding, which is violence.

What.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

universe-X

Violence, in my eyes, is when someone or something gets hurt through use of weapon or... hitting. Tetris blocks doesn't count as a something.

Plus, Tetris is a VERY fun and challenging if you know how to actually look for a challenge. (UGC can back me up on the fact that I'm obsessed with Tetris...)

I am the only person in the world who would pay $50 for a USED Tetris DS game and still enjoy it.... I doubt that, too.

EDIT: If it's not educational/not boring, then there is no such game. If the world should see such a game, there will be no mercy.

Cobraroll

SimCity (any version except for Societies).

Well, unless you count the car crashes and ocassional disasters, they aren't violent.

Or any other simulation game, for that matter.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

KefkaticFanatic

RollerCoaster Tycoon YEAAAAA

me irl
[close]

TheLegend

universe-X

Cobraroll

Solitaire. Oh, wait, no, three of the four kings yield weapons.

I guess The Sims could count, seeing as the burglar wasn't introduced before Livin' It Up (and I think the option to brawl was added in that EP as well).

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

TheLegend

Quote from: universe-X on June 09, 2010, 08:44:22 AMBut that's what the game was MEANT for

first of all, you got a big quote fail. 

If you watch to the end, you'll see the traincar smashing down onto the people and exploding.  violence.  so that one's out. 

universe-X

Yeah, the crashes are what the game was meant for! :D

And you make huge quote fails all the time in the birthday topic, so shaddup.

SuperFireKirby

Any Katamari game. Preferrably Katamari Damacy. Amazing game.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Cobraroll

LEGO Rock Band. Or actually, most non-licensed LEGO games.