News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

The Introduction Thread

Started by Concerto No.20 in D minor, March 18, 2008, 08:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altissimo

Quote from: Xiang A. Wuu on July 28, 2016, 10:38:58 PMDislikes: [...] Smart@$$es

ohhhh you're gonna have Fun here

anyway welcome!! glad to see new faces

Dudeman

Quote from: Xiang A. Wuu on July 28, 2016, 10:38:58 PMDislikes: Pokemon (Don't burn me!!)
Dang. Already off to a bad start.
Quote(Yes, even Sticker Star and Color Splash looks awesome)
Dang. Already off to a bad start.
QuoteHow I stumbled upon the forum/Why I want to join: Congrats on reaching 3000 sheets!!

Goal in life: Undecided (Unfortunately).

Favorite VGM: Zelda's "Dark World", "Song of Healing", "Credits" from Wind Waker, Cosmic Cove, Space Junk Galaxy

Hobbies: Writing super long introductions that may tick people off.
...never mind. This guy's okay.

Welcome to the forums, Xiang!

ninja'd alti's right
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Xiang A. Wuu

Thanks guys! XD
Oh boy.

I'm sure I'll enjoy this site. It can't be thaaat bad now, can it?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Xiang A. Wuu on July 28, 2016, 10:53:16 PMIt can't be thaaat bad now, can it?
Welllllll...

nah jk we usually have fun here
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

E. Gadd Industries

Welcome! Boos are the best Mario enemy, no doubt ;) And you seem to have good taste in games, although, Sticker Star and Color Splash... How? XD
I can't wait to hear some of your medleys!

EDIT: Also, it'll be very difficult to avoid gigs on these forums. For instance, do not click the spoiler in my signature
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

SlowPokemon

Obligatory post:

If you like anime so much, give the Ace Attorney games a try! The original trilogy is on the eShop for a good price and it's definitely the most fun thing you'll play in your entire life (well maybe not but still)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Sebastian

Whoa, nice long introduction. Welcome to NinSheetMusic, Xiang!

Xiang A. Wuu

Thanks once more guys!

E. Gadd, thanks! Boo's are kinda adorable, ya know? Yeah, I'm weird like that. I don't understand the hate Sticker Star gets. I mean, compared to the first three, it falls a bit short, but still, I enjoyed the game nonetheless. Whenever a game gets thrown out, and there is a sequel, people will always compare to the past games. I try not to do that or else I'll become disappointed. I just enjoy the games for what they bring.

And medley wise, I'm working on Rawk Hawk's song. Really fun to play on the drums and elec. ;)

Slow Pokemon, I've heard of the games and have seen quite a few "Objection!" memes. Hmm, I'll try giving it it a go! Thanks for the suggestion! :D

And Sebastion, thank you very much. I try! :)

Can't wait to start having fun. Any recommendations on where to start? I've never tried arranging before and I only scratch the surface on music theory. Performance wise, my piano skills aren't that great either.

E. Gadd Industries

Well, I wouldn't go full blown two-hands Mario Kart 8 (those pieces are rather tough). Start with something easier. That is, if you want to start arranging first. You can do other things, like the multinstrument medleys & such, and post them in Music (I believe so, but I would ask just to be sure). For arranging, I'm not the best person to ask. I'm not nearly as skilled as some of the others here.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Sebastian

Quote from: Xiang A. Wuu on July 29, 2016, 08:39:33 AMCan't wait to start having fun. Any recommendations on where to start? I've never tried arranging before and I only scratch the surface on music theory. Performance wise, my piano skills aren't that great either.
You're interested in arranging, eh? Awesome!
Here is a good place to start. You can make a thread here to showcase your arrangements.
Before arranging, however, take a look at this. This may also be interesting.
I'd link you to the "Help!" page, but.....yeah. xD

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on July 29, 2016, 08:47:39 AMWell, I wouldn't go full blown two-hands Mario Kart 8 (those pieces are rather tough). Start with something easier. That is, if you want to start arranging first. You can do other things, like the multinstrument medleys & such, and post them in Music (I believe so, but I would ask just to be sure). For arranging, I'm not the best person to ask. I'm not nearly as skilled as some of the others here.
This for sure. Definitely start with something easier.

Altissimo

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 29, 2016, 06:31:31 AMObligatory post:

If you like anime so much, give the Ace Attorney games a try! The original trilogy is on the eShop for a good price and it's definitely the most fun thing you'll play in your entire life (well maybe not but still)

obligatory agreement

Xiang A. Wuu

Cool, cool!

Then, will this be easy for me to do?? Seems pretty easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypkVC81QZNc

And I might need some help arranging. Shucks.

Sebastian

E Gadd is actually doing that song:

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on July 06, 2016, 09:49:14 AMJust Plains' files have been updated! I never saw its acceptance coming so soon! But anyways, on to Freezeflame!

Quote from: Xiang A. Wuu on July 29, 2016, 09:48:38 AMAnd I might need some help arranging. Shucks.
That's no problem! We love to help here on NinSheetMusic.
I often give some people extremely informal lessons/tips/tricks/arranging help/feedback on skype. Feel free to hit me up, if you wish.

mikey

hi, I'm here to judge you for liking anime and cosplay
welcome
unmotivated