News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 06, 2012, 10:17:19 PMReuniclus can easily be defeated before it even gets to do stuff. :-\
Not always, no, and when it uses Trick Room, especially if it has a really low speed stat, it can wreak havoc (super-effective Pokemon like Chandelure, for example, are a . It's HP base stat is good (at 110), and has average defenses (which can be fixed a little more, since either the Attack or, even better, Speed stat can be sacrified when EV training).

Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 06, 2012, 10:35:25 PMBut Reuniclus is so slow that it has no time to recover after the Trick/Cosmic Power.
Life Orb + Magic Guard.
It doesn't need to recover; Trick Room will essentially guarentee it moves first, and its stats (and Life Orb) do the rest.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

I usually 2HKO Reuniclus. It doesn't matter will it use Trick Room first. After that it usually uses Recover/Cosmic Power. And my next move defeats it. (Choice Bands ftw)

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 06, 2012, 10:47:13 PMI usually 2HKO Reuniclus. It doesn't matter will it use Trick Room first. After that it usually uses Recover/Cosmic Power. And my next move defeats it. (Choice Bands ftw)
If it uses Trick Room, Choice Band becomes nearly useless; you can't use it if you can't attack with it. :P After Trick Room, it usually uses Psychic (or any other move it has)... at least that's what I've done (again, Life Orb combined with Psychic, and its already high Sp. Atk.).
However, I'm sure you could find a way to use Trick Room to your advantage, although it might be in specialized cases...

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

You're assuming that Reuniclus would be an OHKO Pokemon with Life Orb. Well it's not. After surviving from the Psychic/Psyshock, I just attack and game over.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 06, 2012, 11:08:38 PMYou're assuming that Reuniclus would be an OHKO Pokemon with Life Orb. Well it's not. After surviving from the Psychic/Psyshock, I just attack and game over.
Unless the Pokemon you're talking about has super-high Sp. Defense, then, yes, it most likely would, especially if Reuniclus has 252 EVs in Sp. Atk (and, in some cases, a helpful nature). Psyshock might also be used in some cases... and, factoring in STAB...

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

You don't need super epic defenses to avoid dying. Lots of HP and medium defenses are okay. For example, Gliscor could survive that. Pretty much any wall could.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou5601515
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou5601626

Pretty much proves my point.

Roz~

Quote from: Nebbles on December 06, 2012, 10:00:03 PMAnother GREAT Pokemon I discovered is Sigilyph.

Hoo boy. Give it... Calm Nature I think, Magic Guard, Leftovers and have it learn Miracle Eye, Roost, Cosmic Power and Stored Power. It's deadly.

Haha yeah I saw someone use it in battle and omg it's hilariously good. That and Psycho Shift with Flame Orb.

Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 07, 2012, 12:32:00 AMYou don't need super epic defenses to avoid dying. Lots of HP and medium defenses are okay. For example, Gliscor could survive that. Pretty much any wall could.

Exactly. I mean, there are Pokemon out there that can take a Dragon Gem boosted Draco Meteor from a max Sp. Atk Modest Latios, so really Reuniclus isn't going to OHKO everything out there.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 07, 2012, 12:32:00 AMYou don't need super epic defenses to avoid dying. Lots of HP and medium defenses are okay. For example, Gliscor could survive that. Pretty much any wall could.

1: BOTH of the moves that hit Reuniclus were super-effective, in the first example. Which goes against what I just said ("super-effective Pokemon like Chandelure, for example, are another example," although the quote seems to have been cut off).
2: The Dugtrio had a Focus Sash...
3: You can't just expect to go in their with Reuniclus as your only Pokemon and do anything near-effective; I never said that you could decimate all who stand before you (as in, whole teams)...
4: Also, to take into account, because of point 3, the opponent switching out, which gives Trick Room more of a chance to take effect (without Reuniclus being damaged beforehand).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Roz~

I agree that if you don't have a Reuniclus counter on your team then yes, you can get swept by it. However, any good opponent you face will have a way of dealing with it, whether it's with a Sash Dugtrio or Super effective moves. Yes Reuniclus can do work, but you first have to play around your opponent's threats and that easier said than done. And even if you do, there's no guarantee you're going to sweep its whole team.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Roz~ on December 07, 2012, 10:26:14 AMI agree that if you don't have a Reuniclus counter on your team then yes, you can get swept by it. However, any good opponent you face will have a way of dealing with it, whether it's with a Sash Dugtrio or Super effective moves. Yes Reuniclus can do work, but you first have to play around your opponent's threats and that easier said than done. And even if you do, there's no guarantee you're going to sweep its whole team.
If you're going against a super-effective Pokemon, unless you know you can take it out (or Trick Room is already in effect, and switching to another Pokemon wouldn't be a smart idea), it's not a very good idea to go full-on-ahead with your plans. And, once again, I never claimed that it could sweep entire teams...

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Roz~

I know, it was just an example. I've seen people get swept by Reuniclus before. =P And sometimes you think you can take out a threat with ease, but the opponent end up having something up its sleeve, whether it's a certain EV spread that lets you survive a super effective hit, or some kind of item that lets it KO you instead. You never know what can happen, it's Pokémon after all.

Waddle Bro

Nobody designs a team like "omg i'll put a reuniclus here so i could super effective kill someone"

Reuniclus simply has nothing against a simple wall. Deal with it.

IT SUUUUUUUUUUCKSSSSSSSSS
in OUs

Roz~

Most walls don't have anything to hit Reuniclus as well. I agree though, I personally don't like it, but it's viable.

BlackDragonSlayer

On a completely different note, though:
Do you think a type like this would be overpowered? :P
OFFENSIVE:
2x power: Dragon, Electric, Dark.
1/2x power: Fire, Water, Grass.
0x: Normal

DEFFENSIVE:
1/2x damage: Dragon, Dark.
2x damage: Fire, Water, Grass, Normal.
0x damage: Psychic

I'm thinking that the immunity to Psychic-types might be a little too much, and the 2x strength against Electric, which would mean that there would be no types currently without weaknesses...

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Cobraroll

Sorry to chime in on this so late, but I just saw the "GameFreak did this by mistake, but it got too late to fix it..." thing. There is one far more substantial theory out there:

The awesome people around here may recognise this as the Marsh Badge. It's handed out in Saffron Gym, which specializes in Psychic Pokémon. Saffron City is a heavily urbanized area.

This, on the other hand, is the Soul Badge. It's a reward for beating Fuchsia Gym, which specializes in Poison Pokémon. Fuchsia City is in a wetlands area.

You may choose in which order you challenge Saffron and Fuchsia gym. Going by level progression, Fuschia gym is the fifth in the game, while Saffron is the sixth. However, it's entirely possible to take on Saffron as the fifth gym and and Fuchsia as the sixth.

Psychic Pokémon have outstanding connections between mind and body. Spiritual guys. I'd say their powers are soul-related.
Poison Pokémon thrive in humid and dirty areas, like the marshes around Fuchsia City. Poisonous gas is sometimes found in marshes.

The names for the badges were probably swapped. A lot of official material swap the names of the two badges. Probably due to the immense popularity of the series, the names were never fixed in the games, as the change would be too confusing.

EDIT: Also, while looking up the pictures for this, I realized I had been spelling the name of Fuchsia City "Fuschia" for years without noticing. Embarrassing...  :-[
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.