News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

blueflower999

This I would agree with.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Cobraroll on December 07, 2012, 01:15:29 PMThe names for the badges were probably swapped. A lot of official material swap the names of the two badges. Probably due to the immense popularity of the series, the names were never fixed in the games, as the change would be too confusing.
I've heard that theory as well. If they had, in G2, fixed any previous errors, they could have "repaired the damage" before it spiraled out of control.

"Behold! It's Passion Pink!"
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 07, 2012, 01:13:48 PMOn a completely different note, though:
Do you think a type like this would be overpowered? :P
OFFENSIVE:
2x power: Dragon, Electric, Dark.
1/2x power: Fire, Water, Grass.
0x: Normal

DEFFENSIVE:
1/2x damage: Dragon, Dark.
2x damage: Fire, Water, Grass, Normal.
0x damage: Psychic

I'm thinking that the immunity to Psychic-types might be a little too much, and the 2x strength against Electric, which would mean that there would be no types currently without weaknesses...
After you come up with a name, we can discuss about this.

BlackDragonSlayer

Light-type (I know, everybody wants to do a Light-type!! :P) + reasoning behind each.
OFFENSIVE:
2x Dragon; light, the good and pure, slay the evil dragons. :P
2x Electric; light can be associated with electricity, etc.
2x Dark; light triumphs over dark, etc.
1/2x Fire, Water, Grass; main elemental powers
0x Normal; Normal types are "pure."

DEFFENSIVE:
1/2x Dragon; provided in 2x statements.
1/2x Psychic
2x Fire, Water, Grass; main elemental powers
2x Normal; discusses in 0x statement above.
0x Dark; if you have a constant light source (if taken in a literal sense), then there's always going to be a little bubble of light around you. :P

I was considering adding ghost type somewhere in there, but I figured that not all ghosts are always evil. :P
I also have ideas for an "Artificial" type, but that's a different thing altogether...

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 07, 2012, 02:09:15 PMI was considering adding ghost type somewhere in there, but I figured that not all ghosts are always evil. :P

And all dragons and psychics are?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 07, 2012, 05:25:29 PMAnd all dragons and psychics are?
Good point. :P
But if it didn't affect at least one of those types, I think it would be quite underpowered. :P

EDIT: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?313689-If-new-pokemon-types-arise-what-do-you-think-that-they-will-be

Well look at that. :P Almost identical to what I'm thinking of. Except for Dragon, and it has more weaknesses...

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bubbles

But psychics and dragons are some of my favorite types :( What about psychic makes you think its more evil than dark? I mean its dark, which is literally the opposite of light.

And if your aiming to be creating a new type I dont think it would be fair to make it that psychic pokemon have two types that it has no effect on. I feel that puts it at a disadvantage

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on December 07, 2012, 05:40:53 PMBut psychics and dragons are some of my favorite types :( What about psychic makes you think its more evil than dark? I mean its dark, which is literally the opposite of light.

And if your aiming to be creating a new type I dont think it would be fair to make it that psychic pokemon have two types that it has no effect on. I feel that puts it at a disadvantage
I only said partly...

...but Ghost Pokemon have two types that don't affect them, although that's different... And look at how many 1/2x types Steel has, although that still is different.

What type would you suggest the immunity to be? Or just cut it altogether?

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

It's a bit of a stupid idea to have a Light-type, it just doesn't work as well. I don't think we need any more types currently.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Roz~

There's a rumor saying there's gonna be a new type in Gen 6. I wonder if it's true or not.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Roz~ on December 07, 2012, 06:05:21 PMThere's a rumor saying there's gonna be a new type in Gen 6. I wonder if it's true or not.
There were rumors about a new type in Generation 4. And especially Light-type in Generation 5, because of the White/Black, Yin/Yang theme.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Roz~

I know that. I read that rumor recently, and it was also saying that the new gen games would be released in 2014.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Bubbles

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 07, 2012, 05:49:44 PMI only said partly...

...but Ghost Pokemon have two types that don't affect them, although that's different... And look at how many 1/2x types Steel has, although that still is different.

What type would you suggest the immunity to be? Or just cut it altogether?

Bleh. I did alot of counting math using the types advantages/disadvantages and found out that type wise, Steel has the best advantage, while Grass is the worst. Im sure they made up for that by the stats and power of steel/grass pokemon and moves, since they were so far above and below the average that it would seem a little ridiculous if they werent. Your Light type was just about in the middle of everything XD

But slow is right. Light is a useless type unless you replace phychic's advantages, since the opposite of light is dark. I seriously doubt that after so long they would change things like dark's immunity to phychic, since it would make more sense if dark was immune to light (or light immune to dark)

If you really want to have a non-effective type for your light pokemon's defense I would suggest dark, since it would make the most sense without upsetting the psychic balance

Nebbles

Quote from: Roz~ on December 07, 2012, 06:05:21 PMThere's a rumor saying there's gonna be a new type in Gen 6. I wonder if it's true or not.

Oh? Where did you hear that, just out of curiosity?
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Waddle Bro

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 07, 2012, 02:09:15 PMLight-type (I know, everybody wants to do a Light-type!! :P) + reasoning behind each.
OFFENSIVE:
2x Dragon; light, the good and pure, slay the evil dragons. :P
2x Electric; light can be associated with electricity, etc.
2x Dark; light triumphs over dark, etc.
1/2x Fire, Water, Grass; main elemental powers
0x Normal; Normal types are "pure."

DEFFENSIVE:
1/2x Dragon; provided in 2x statements.
1/2x Psychic
2x Fire, Water, Grass; main elemental powers
2x Normal; discusses in 0x statement above.
0x Dark; if you have a constant light source (if taken in a literal sense), then there's always going to be a little bubble of light around you. :P
Light type should be focused into these types:
Dark, Ghost, Bug, Steel, (Grass and Fire)
It does not make any sense whatsoever why Light is super-effective against Dragon and Electric.
Because this is basically a counterpart to the (weak) Dark-type, I think they should be evenly matched.

Here's what I think you should do:
Light and Dark are super-effective against each other.
Light is super-effective against Ghost and Bug.
Light has is not very effective against Steel, Fire, Grass, Electric and Light.

Light is weak to:
Dark, Ghost, Bug
Immune to Fighting (if the Pokemon are ghost-like creatures)

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 07, 2012, 06:01:16 PMIt's a bit of a stupid idea to have a Light-type, it just doesn't work as well. I don't think we need any more types currently.
I agree, but I think this is for a game he's making or something. But there's no sense to add a new type this late.