News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Waddle Bro

Nebbles

Ice/Fire would be cool though, but ground and rock types would murder them completely.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Waddle Bro

omg

Ice/Fire = Water-type

*mindblown*

spitllama

Yah they wouldn't exactly be good... but oh well new type combos are fun.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Nebbles

it's pokemon, come on. If they can work water/ground and ice/grass I'm sure ice/fire or fire/water wouldn't be too bad...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Nebbles on December 08, 2012, 07:43:17 AM5th did gen immensely well despite the cries of the genwunners, "all these pokemon look lame they aren't like gen one WAHHHH!"
"Lame" looking Pokemon are nothing new... Muk is a pile of toxic sludge... Electrode is an inverted Pokeball with eyes... Beauty is in the eye of the beholder- trainer. :P
My favorite generations are 2 and 5: I felt as if GSC paved the way for what eventually became Black/White and BW2. Gen 3 felt a little... imcomplete... especially because of the lack of a proper Day/Night system, which only came back in later games.

Quote from: Nebbles on December 08, 2012, 09:26:45 AMI don't want new types.... I rather have new type combos. I want more ghost type combos! And bug!

Ghost/steel? :o Bug/dragon? Bug/ice? We need 'em!!
Smogon made a Bug/Ice Pokemon in their CAP project... givin' Game Freak ideas!! :)
A Ghost/Bug Pokemon would be neat...

Finally: I think you should be able to combine Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem into the original dragon.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Shadoninja

If they're going to stick with FWG starters, they should totally have abilities that make them immune to their weakness. Fire gets Water Absorb or Storm Drain, Water gets Sap Sipper, Grass gets Flash Fire.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Bubbles

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 08, 2012, 11:50:40 AMA Ghost/Bug Pokemon would be neat...
Oh god. A ghost bug would be terrifying.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on December 08, 2012, 12:13:29 PMOh god. A ghost bug would be terrifying.
Can you think of a possible name for it? Quite maybe even a legendary, based on a Water Bear? Or something more mystical?

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Shadoninja

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on December 08, 2012, 12:13:29 PMOh god. A ghost bug would be terrifying.
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 08, 2012, 12:23:10 PMCan you think of a possible name for it? Quite maybe even a legendary, based on a Water Bear? Or something more mystical?
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Shadoninja on December 08, 2012, 12:25:20 PM
Image does not work. But I assume you're talking about Shedinja? :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Kman96

you're kidding, right?

Shedinja.
Party Hard!
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Kman96 on December 08, 2012, 12:30:08 PMyou're kidding, right?

Shedinja.
I just mentioned it above. But, we mean a Pokemon with... uh... better stats. :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

the_last_sheikah

So I guess I started an impromptu Nuzlocke Challenge on an Emerald ROM.  I'll keep you guys posted if anything interesting happens.
Team so far:
Wormy (Wurmple)
Kyle (Poochyena)
Skipper (Mudkip)
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Cobraroll

Quote from: Shadoninja on December 08, 2012, 11:51:47 AMIf they're going to stick with FWG starters, they should totally have abilities that make them immune to their weakness. Fire gets Water Absorb or Storm Drain, Water gets Sap Sipper, Grass gets Flash Fire.

The starters are meant to follow a simple rock-paper-scissors formula with easily distinguishable types. They won't change grass-fire-water in a main series game for a while. And I doubt they'll nullify the rock-paper-scissors concept either. It would be a little too confusing for beginner players. If anything, these abilities would pop up in a trio of legendaries or other 'mons such as the Elemental Monkeys.

That being said, I loved the take on a "two way" rock-paper-scissors they tried in Diamond/Pearl. Two of the fully evolved starters were able to hit super-effectively both ways. The last one got its weaknesses nulled out instead (taking normal damage from Grass, but it was able to deal normal damage in return as well thanks to Torterra's typing).

I recall reading an interview with some higher-ups at GameFreak a couple of years back. They stated that they'll keep making Pokémon "As long as it makes money". In other words, might as well prepare for Gen. VII while you're at it. I think most of the forumers here will experience their children asking for the newest Pokémon games. That would be Gen. IX or thereabouts for some of us, earlier or later for others.

Wonder how they'll handle having so many Pokémon in the franchise, though. Those of us who complained about Gen. V designs being "clones" of earlier designs better get used to it, I think.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.