News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Zunawe

Quote from: Kman96 on January 03, 2013, 04:18:05 PMI like this one. Granted, it's not an Elk, an an elk is more like a deer than a moose, I just like the name.
It's already been established that Ponyta is a horse pokemon, so I don't think it's a big deal.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

BlackDragonSlayer

Once more, on a different note, what would you say about a Pokemon with these base stats?
HP: 50
Atk: 80
Def: 90
Sp. Atk: 80
Sp. Def: 90
Speed: 60

Total: 450

While considering its 'ability': "...has a 'shield,' half of its HP, that activates at half health. It must be drained before doing any more damage. The shield cannot regenerate during battle, and cannot be Skill Swapped."
Since joining NSM, I have steadily become more interested in competitive Pokemon battling and 'what ifs...'
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Shadoninja

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on January 03, 2013, 09:17:36 PMOnce more, on a different note, what would you say about a Pokemon with these base stats?
HP: 50
Atk: 80
Def: 90
Sp. Atk: 80
Sp. Def: 90
Speed: 60

Total: 450

While considering its 'ability': "...has a 'shield,' half of its HP, that activates at half health. It must be drained before doing any more damage. The shield cannot regenerate during battle, and cannot be Skill Swapped."
Since joining NSM, I have steadily become more interested in competitive Pokemon battling and 'what ifs...'
I'm confused.

An ability that would be cool is one that reverses all stat changes on the field. So a +1 becomes -1 and vice versa.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Shadoninja on January 03, 2013, 10:16:25 PMI'm confused.

An ability that would be cool is one that reverses all stat changes on the field. So a +1 becomes -1 and vice versa.
Ok, since it has a base stat of 50, let's say it has HP of 304:
When it gets down to 152 HP, a 'shield' activates, that is also 152 HP. Once the shield is "defeated", the remaining HP can be drained. During the time the shield is active, HP cannot be restored. After and during the time the shield is active, the shield cannot be restored.
This would, essentially, give it HP of 456, just a tiny bit above that of Kyurem's max.
I might assume that this ability would be one affected by Mold Breaker, Teravolt, and Turboblaze.

Also, about the ability you mentioned: That would totally mess up some of the opponents' strategies, but would be terrible if somebody used Superpower or Close Combat on you; however, in double battles, you'd greatly benefit from those moves and that ability.
Draco Meteor Reshiram (or Kyurem-W) + Choice Specs would be a force of (even more) destruction.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Shadoninja

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on January 03, 2013, 10:58:26 PMAlso, about the ability you mentioned: That would totally mess up some of the opponents' strategies, but would be terrible if somebody used Superpower or Close Combat on you; however, in double battles, you'd greatly benefit from those moves and that ability.
Draco Meteor Reshiram (or Kyurem-W) + Choice Specs would be a force of (even more) destruction.
Exactly it would be force switches against stat boosters. It would be much too overpowered so I think the pokemon would have to have low HP and/or Defenses and/or a weak typing.

garlicbananas

Contrary is similar to the ability Shadoninja is talking about, but it only applies for the user. It makes Serperior with Leaf Storm one hell of a sweeper.
Please check out my arrangement! http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=4222.0

Jompa

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on January 03, 2013, 03:05:27 PM

I messed up its anatomy so bad XD And its antlers are fire if you cant tell

I cant think of a name for it...
Bubbles, that thing is cool!!! :)
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

Different topic, relevant here:

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on January 04, 2013, 05:45:03 PMSometimes, when I was really determined (yes, I've restarted my game in Red/Yellow more times than I can count), I'd just train it like crazy and evolve it before Lt. Surge.

I bet it was a lot of help against the gym leader
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 04, 2013, 06:20:56 PMDifferent topic, relevant here:
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on January 04, 2013, 05:45:03 PM
Quote from: K-NiGhT on January 04, 2013, 05:42:30 PMNEBBLES IN THE NEXT EPISODE GO TALK TO THE MAGIKARP GUY IN THAT POKEMON CENTER.

I bet you could maybe get something good!
Sometimes, when I was really determined (yes, I've restarted my game in Red/Yellow more times than I can count), I'd just train it like crazy and evolve it before Lt. Surge.
I bet it was a lot of help against the gym leader
-_-
No, but it is against Erika, Blaine, and Giovanni, as well as Lance later on, especially if Charmander is your starter (not so much when it evolves into Charizard).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

I was just teasing you haha. I just found it ironic you got Gyarados right before a gym battle where it would be knocked out before it could land a hit

BlackDragonSlayer

M'kay, so!
I go to the Daycare Center in White 2 to breed the female Ralts I got from Yancy (to get a male in order to evolve into Gallade). I wait a little, and get the egg from the Daycare Man, then go directly inside and deposit it in the PC. I go to pick up Ralts... but the lady says that her husband is looking for me! Another Ralts egg, barely a minute after the first!!...
Twins, I guess...

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nebbles

So... what do you think the big announcement is on the 8th, hm? :o
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Nebbles on January 04, 2013, 07:11:20 PMSo... what do you think the big announcement is on the 8th, hm? :o
Could be the R/S Remakes; could be anime-related; could be a spin-off game; a game like XD; a really special event...
That would be awesome if they somehow hid a Pokemon in the coding (like, hid it to where it would be nearly impossible to find unless you knew where and how to find it), and nobody else knew about it... although, I doubt it...

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

I'm not getting my hopes up, but I'd love Ruby and Sapphire remakes or sequels.

Shadoninja

Quote from: Nebbles on January 04, 2013, 07:11:20 PMSo... what do you think the big announcement is on the 8th, hm? :o
Surfing Emolga available for download. GET YOURS BEFORE IT ENDS!