News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Waddle Bro

Just to make this clear:

Deer is the X(I'll bet you 10 bucks that it won't learn X-Scissor) and the epic dragon is the Y.

blueflower999

Wow... Gen 6? Already? Dang, time sure flies.  :P

I do feel like Gen 5 was too short though.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Jompa on January 08, 2013, 12:26:19 PMThe grass one looks amazingly cute!! Can't wait to see it's evolved forms :D :D :D
To quote my older brother:
"It looks like... what's that water starter?... Oshawott... plus Slowking."

About Froakie:
"It's like Poliwhirl, or that green one... Politoed."

Quote from: blueflower999 on January 08, 2013, 01:03:13 PMWow... Gen 6? Already? Dang, time sure flies.  :P

I do feel like Gen 5 was too short though.
Yeah...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nebbles

wow, well... color me surprised! I'm very happy with all of this!

The graphics look great, I love the legendaries, and... FENNEC FOX STARTER!!!
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Cobraroll

The most mysterious and notable power of the X Legendary is its ability to stand upright. I mean, Pokémon designs have been biologically bad before (Tyranitar logically shouldn't be able to walk, for instance), but never as off-balanced as this. It looks like a good fifty percent of the creature's mass is located in its antlers, which would make it topple over comically every time it turned its head.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Nebbles

It's a legendary, let it slide. XD

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Cobraroll on January 08, 2013, 01:38:19 PMThe most mysterious and notable power of the X Legendary is its ability to stand upright. I mean, Pokémon designs have been biologically bad before (Tyranitar logically shouldn't be able to walk, for instance), but never as off-balanced as this. It looks like a good fifty percent of the creature's mass is located in its antlers, which would make it topple over comically every time it turned its head.
omg it must have some sort of mystical powers

Cobraroll

http://serebii.net/index2.shtml (Click the image, as the large version isn't directly linkable)

Oh, I see it now. The power to generate invisible objects for it to lean against. Look at the position of its legs. There is nothing to suggest there is any form of support for it on our left side, yet that is also where most of its mass is located. Its centre of gravity (located somewhere in its head, by the look of things) does not project vertically onto the plane spanned by its points of support (feet). It should topple over, yet it doesn't...

...I've been to engineering school too long already, haven't I?

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SlowPokemon

No, you're just taking a fictional animal way too seriously
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

I'm in love with the other bird legendary thing though. God, it looks so cool.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Cobraroll on January 08, 2013, 01:38:19 PMThe most mysterious and notable power of the X Legendary is its ability to stand upright. I mean, Pokémon designs have been biologically bad before (Tyranitar logically shouldn't be able to walk, for instance), but never as off-balanced as this. It looks like a good fifty percent of the creature's mass is located in its antlers, which would make it topple over comically every time it turned its head.
Maybe its legs are designed with an internal structure unknown to humans, that allows it to hold up more weight. And its neck as well. :P

Quote from: Nebbles on January 08, 2013, 01:53:05 PMI'm in love with the other bird legendary thing though. God, it looks so cool.
Yep; I'd like to see sprites as well, even if they're not featured in the game.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Cobraroll

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 08, 2013, 01:52:36 PMNo, you're just taking a fictional animal way too seriously

The simple concept of balance will come back to haunt GameFreak the day this guy features in merchandise. Mark. My. Words. ( OverlyObsessedEngineer.jpg )

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on January 08, 2013, 01:54:50 PMMaybe its legs are designed with an internal structure unknown to humans, that allows it to hold up more weight. And its neck as well. :P

Its legs would have to be extremely heavy, then. Or rather, the bottom half of each leg save for its right foreleg. That would give it a chance of staying upright in that pose.

Waddle Bro

What if the antlers are super-light like a feather that are made of unown material :O

problem solved

Cobraroll

No, you would still have to account for the mass of the rest of the creature (in the stance on the picture, of course. In any other pose, it would be less of a problem). To prevent the damn thing from toppling over at sudden changes in velocity (like a short stop, a sharp turn or hitting anything while running), it would need to have the center of gravity located as close to the ground as possible, and within the trapezoid spanned out between its legs when looked at from above. Most animals (and to date, Pokémon) have their centre of gravity in the stomach region somewhere.

This same thing, inertia, also appears to apply to Fennekin. Notice how most of its mass is located in its head. If it manages to get up to running speed, how could it stop? It would be like a cycling man standing on his bike pedals, leaning forwards, and squeezing the front wheel brake. Bound to end with a noseplant.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Cobraroll on January 08, 2013, 02:09:28 PMIts legs would have to be extremely heavy, then. Or rather, the bottom half of each leg save for its right foreleg. That would give it a chance of staying upright in that pose.
Or the material the leg is made of (whether bone or not, which is stretching into extreme-fiction) allows for different distribution of weight (instead of the legs weighing about as much as the antlers).

If they have merchandise, they may have the legs at a diagonal angle, spread out a little more (for figurines).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber