News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

mikey

I like easy games though
unmotivated

Altissimo

Games were harder when we were younger because we were younger and didn't know how to play them worth jack shit.

I also love when people say pokemon in general is getting too easy as if Platinum wasn't one of the hardest main series games and Black and White (and BW2) weren't also incredibly rough. Like, two (2) games (X/Y and ORAS) come out and suddenly the series is "getting" easier. That's not how that works.

mikey

that's not true, I still can't beat RBYFRLG without cheating
unmotivated

Altissimo

but is that a personal choice or not

I can't beat SM64 without cheating but that's because i like cheating to beat it

mikey

I've never beaten gary in FRLG and I've never beaten lance (fairly) in RBY
yes, it's easier from when I was a kid because now I know how to get to viridian city (a big improvement from 5 year old me) but still too hard.  I've beaten RSE, DPPt, and ORAS.
unmotivated

Altissimo

plat is like 5 billion times harder

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Altissimo on June 01, 2016, 01:39:00 PMGames were harder when we were younger because we were younger and didn't know how to play them worth jack shit.
Eh, a lot of old games are still pretty difficult. There are also a lot of new games that are!

QuoteI also love when people say pokemon in general is getting too easy as if Platinum wasn't one of the hardest main series games and Black and White (and BW2) weren't also incredibly rough. Like, two (2) games (X/Y and ORAS) come out and suddenly the series is "getting" easier. That's not how that works.
I don't seem to ever remember Platinum being too difficult; what do people usually say made it difficult?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Altissimo

Cyrus and Cynthia primarily lmao. The level curve was on point but that meant you couldn't overlevel as easily.

Latios212

I remember being able to beat gen 4 games without much of a problem.

I also remember only being able to beat the Elite Four in Silver with six Feraligatrs.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Altissimo

Quote from: Latios212 on June 01, 2016, 02:02:36 PMI remember being able to beat gen 4 games without much of a problem.

I also remember only being able to beat the Elite Four in Silver with six Feraligatrs.

how old were u in both cases

seriously we all get better at games as we get older

Nebbles

Quote from: Latios212 on June 01, 2016, 02:02:36 PMI remember being able to beat gen 4 games without much of a problem.

why did you have six of them
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

in platinum an action replay aided me through most of the game, but in diamond cynthia was a hard earned victory
unmotivated

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: Altissimo on June 01, 2016, 01:39:00 PMGames were harder when we were younger because we were younger and didn't know how to play them worth jack shit.

Somewhat true in some ways, not true in others. Yes, when I was younger Gen I-II were moderately challenging while Gen III was through the roof, but when I replayed Gen I and III recently (not Gen II due to dead batteries), I still had a rough time getting to the end, mostly due to trainers that were usually pit at my level and were fun to challenge, with the gym leaders having the stronger pokemon that needed to be taken care of.

Heck, I still think to this day that FRLG has the hardest main game ever and that Emerald had the hardest (but most rewarding) post game ever, which is why in the case of the latter seeing what ORAS gave instead really angered me. I don't want pokemon to become Ninja Gaiden III hard or anything, but I at least want the devs to not treat kids like they suddenly developed brain damage over the past decade.

Oh, and don't even get me started on the stadium trilogy if you count those. The last two games (the ones we got) are so difficult even with transferred Pokemon that i STILL have never reached or beaten Round 2 in those titles to this very day. The first one is apparently even more difficult due to the CPU players being based off of real tournament players, so those games definitely prove pokemon can be pretty difficult even today

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Altissimo

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on June 01, 2016, 04:05:23 PMHeck, I still think to this day that FRLG has the hardest main game ever and that Emerald had the hardest (but most rewarding) post game ever, which is why in the case of the latter seeing what ORAS gave instead really angered me.

battle maison!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikey

gen 3 was easier for me as a kid

Quote from: Altissimo on June 01, 2016, 04:19:36 PMbattle maison!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'd rather play in the battle pike
unmotivated