News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

DrP

Jynx does have the higher base stats, and a WAYY better Sp Attack and Sp Defense, too. You really gotta beef up Jynx's Defense... a whole lot!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 02, 2010, 07:30:35 AMBlah, that could be good as well... Psychic, Ice Beam, are good (only by TM can Jynx learn them, however). You could then fill the remaining spots with - (note I'm not using physical moves as Jynx's Sp. Atk is really good)

Attack moves:
Wring Out - learns naturally and can be a good move, to some extent
Shadow Ball - move against other Psychic-types
Energy Ball - strong special attack that offers some move type diversity
Focus Blast - same as Energy Ball, but low accuracy
Water Pulse - move for the Fire-types who will kill you
Dream Eater - an alternative for Psychic
Hyper Beam - strong special move, but with a catch

Or you could use some...
Status moves:
Calm Mind - good for Jynx, because most likely it will know only special moves.
Lovely Kiss - a sleeping move that only Jynx learns - 75% accuracy, can irritate opponents
Fake Tears - learns naturally, an alternative for Calm Mind
Toxic - good in a pinch
Hail - puts hurting on non-Ice-type opponents
Attract - not a horrible move, as Jynx is only female and most opponents gamewise are male
Captivate - not as good as Attract, but an alternative

There are also some options like

Combos:
Mean Look + Perish Song
Lovely Kiss + Wake-Up Slap
Lovely Kiss + Dream Eater

Now that we've covered a session on training Jynx, how much does Roz want to breed one? :D Or two? :D

Just thinking of something...

Okay, as I've discussed before (in my second Pokemon rant, seen above), Jynx can be a real powerhouse when trained properly. However, maybe because it looks so bizarre, it has remained in the underused and unpopular section.

This can be a very good thing, as most trainers are not prepared for a Jynx.

I've got some options, and I think I'm going to go with Jynx's Calm Mind moveset - Calm Mind, Psychic, Energy Ball, and Ice Beam.

Calm Mind could also be substituted for Toxic, Hail, or Lovely or Sweet Kiss. Ah, well.

I could combine it with Magmortar and Electivire to make the ultimate Ice/Fire/Electric Battle Frontier team! Hahaha.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Roz~

Hey people, where should I hatch my Absol in HG? Thought about Mt. Silver, but I'm still looking for suggestions.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Oni-Link

Quote from: Roz~ on August 04, 2010, 06:39:44 PMHey people, where should I hatch my Absol in HG? Thought about Mt. Silver, but I'm still looking for suggestions.
Hmm... You now how it appears where disasters happen? Go somewhere that had a plot where a disaster was going to happen. Like in Pokemon Platinum, before you go to Spear Pillar, there's Absols around for that time only.

DrP

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 04, 2010, 05:09:05 PMJust thinking of something...

Okay, as I've discussed before (in my second Pokemon rant, seen above), Jynx can be a real powerhouse when trained properly. However, maybe because it looks so bizarre, it has remained in the underused and unpopular section.

This can be a very good thing, as most trainers are not prepared for a Jynx.

I've got some options, and I think I'm going to go with Jynx's Calm Mind moveset - Calm Mind, Psychic, Energy Ball, and Ice Beam.

Calm Mind could also be substituted for Toxic, Hail, or Lovely or Sweet Kiss. Ah, well.

I could combine it with Magmortar and Electivire to make the ultimate Ice/Fire/Electric Battle Frontier team! Hahaha.

That would be REALLY sick! I've been training Girafarig, and it may fare so well. I'm not final on the moves yet, but it'll probably be Zen Headbutt, Psychic, Stomp and either Energy Ball or Crunch

And to Roz~ either Mt Silver or in Tin Tower

Roz~

Quote from: Oni-Link on August 04, 2010, 06:41:18 PMHmm... You now how it appears where disasters happen? Go somewhere that had a plot where a disaster was going to happen. Like in Pokemon Platinum, before you go to Spear Pillar, there's Absols around for that time only.

I can't hatch it in Pt, but that would've been a great hatch spot.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Oni-Link

Quote from: Roz~ on August 04, 2010, 06:55:12 PMI can't hatch it in Pt, but that would've been a great hatch spot.
I know, I was making an example of a DISASTER spot. Not a HATCHING spot

SlowPokemon

Hmm, hatch it in the Slowpoke Well. Actually, that could take a while, but Slowpoke is just so darn cute!

For real, though, hatch it in the Dark Cave (suits Absol) or Blackthorn City because it's "mysterious".

DrP

you can find Absol in the Dark Cave, anyways, so don't do it there

Oni-Link

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 04, 2010, 06:59:10 PMHmm, hatch it in the Slowpoke Well. Actually, that could take a while, but Slowpoke is just so darn cute!

For real, though, hatch it in the Dark Cave (suits Absol) or Blackthorn City because it's "mysterious".
Eh, the music is too upbeat. I think the Slowpoke well is suitable, since evil things happened there.
(I consider cutting off Pokemon's tails, just like animal tails, and selling them evil)

DrP

or the goldenrod underground tunnel... or the rocket hideout/lake of rage... strange things happened there, too

Oni-Link

Quote from: drpamplemousse on August 04, 2010, 07:44:14 PMor the goldenrod underground tunnel... or the rocket hideout/lake of rage... strange things happened there, too
I was thinking the Lake of Rage, but I wasn't really sure...

EDIT:
Also, I was thinking the other day
Team Magma: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, LAND!

Team Aqua: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, H20!

Team Galactic: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, SPACE!

Team Rocket: LOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOL, THEFT!

SlowPokemon

That's actually why I suggested it, lol

And nowhere does it say absol is bad - in fact, it only appears before disasters to warn people of them. It doesn't cause them.

DrP

so, Oni, im guessing this new team would be

Team Plasma: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, BLOOD! or LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, PLASMA! (because plasma is the fourth state of matter with solid, liquid and gas)

Oni-Link

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PMThat's actually why I suggested it, lol

And nowhere does it say absol is bad - in fact, it only appears before disasters to warn people of them. It doesn't cause them.
I didn't say it was bad. I know it's not bad. It's just a foreseer, not a causer.