News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Roz~

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 05, 2011, 12:07:27 PMMost of you probably noticed this, but I think in Gen V it's like they're trying to recreate the first gen... xD

...Just saying...

They already said that when they mentioned that the Unova region was far away.
Also, didya guys know that the new 'mons were designed by an American?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Cobraroll

*sigh* And that gave us... Vanilluxe?

Well, it's original, at least. I think an ice cream (vanilla flavour, even) is better than just copying existing designs and change their colour (Ariados=Galvantula) or just copy an existing design, change nothing, and pretend it's new (see Glameow up there).
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Roz~

Do you know why they did that? Because they wanted the game to have a more American feel to it since the Unova region is based on NYC. Seriously, stop complaining, those 'mons are not that bad. Denchura would've been a fire type spider and you would've complained that OGAWD THEY COPIED ARIADOS!!11!1oneone Of course it reminds you of Ariados, they both are based on spiders. It's as stupid as saying that Roopushin is a pale copy of Machamp or that Nageki/Dageki are pale copies of Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan.

Cobraroll

Oops, didn't mean to turn this into a debate.

All I say is that I'm a little disappointed with the creativity here. Not only are some (but mind you, not all!) of the new Pokémon strikingly similiar to the old ones in build, but also in pose when it comes to artwork. Look at Buffalon/Tauros' legs, for example.

To your credit, I have to back down on the spiders. Upon researching, I realise that Ariados and Denchura/Galvantula are based on different species of spiders (jump spiders and tarantulas, respectively), and that a Denchura in motion would be drastically different from a walking Ariados. Still, I find it a shame that they put them in identical poses for the official artwork. The fact that they use two of the same colours doesn't help too much either. Credit to the designers for basing Bachuru on an obscure species of spiders, though.

Roopushin/Conkeldurr (honestly, who doesn't love the English name they gave it?) is cool, I think. Stat-wise, similiar to Machamp, but then again, so is Crawdaunt if you want to look at it that way, so it's not much of an issue. However, I think that basing a Pokémon on a construction worker is somewhat... obscure, but if they want to remain original, they need to come up with new design bases. Hence we get construction workers and ice creams. As I said, I prefer that to copying old designs. After all, most of the "obvious" design bases were taken already in the first and second generations, and most of them have been reused once or twice since then (five times for electric rodents).
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Winter

We need more Psychic types

Shadoninja

we need more quality dark types.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Roz~

Trudat.

Also, because Lost World is going to be released Gengar Prime's now costs 42$ instead of ~15$. D:

SlowPokemon

Thank God Unfezant's cry isn't as annoying as Staraptor's... >__>
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jub3r7

Quote from: Roz~ on February 05, 2011, 02:26:06 PMAlso, didya guys know that the new 'mons were designed by an American?
I thought only a few of them were designed by an American. :/

I do remember that the ice cream was designed by him, though.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Winter

SlowPokemon

Yay for animated GIFs! Here are the starters' final forms, and others that I found cool.

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jub3r7

I have to admit: those are pretty awesome.

Roz~

I've seen those sprites a while ago and these make the new games worth buying.

DonValentino

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 06, 2011, 05:33:55 PMYay for animated GIFs! Here are the starters' final forms, and others that I found cool.

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jub3r7

But the chandelier is a fire type. It seems pretty warm to me.