News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

The Legend of Korra

Started by Nana1Popo2, July 21, 2010, 10:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

It's official. Korra's a badass.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

K-NiGhT

But no, did you see the way she took down those guys?

It was cray.

Nana1Popo2

^ yeah i loved the fight scene in the city with the bad guys. haha. that was funny and awesome!

love all the new characters, the way Tenzin's children remind you of Aang and Katara respectively, and Toph's daughter! so great! an't wait to find out more about all the stuff that has happened in the past years!
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

SuperFireKirby

I love how Lin and Tenzin are both complete opposites of their parents. Tenzin is serious and calm and Lin is strict and a follower of rules, whereas Aang was fun-loving and kind of wild and Toph was completely anti-authority.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Raymondbl

The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

SuperFireKirby

Either one works bro and, personally, I like my way better. mkay, hun?

Raymondbl

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on April 19, 2012, 02:24:26 PMmkay, hun?
seriously.  I'm not a kid.  And if you're annoyed at me, then...

Anyway,  I don't have time to watch it.  Is there a visible difference between traditional bending and "modern" bending (pro-bending?)

Nebbles

Pro-bending is kinda like boxing. You use it to knock opponents out of the ring. It's very physical compared to the spiritual aspect of bending.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Jub3r7

It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Raymondbl on April 19, 2012, 06:56:50 PMAnyway,  I don't have time to watch it.  Is there a visible difference between traditional bending and "modern" bending (pro-bending?)
To elaborate a bit more on what Neebles was saying, Pro-bending is very boxing-ish because it uses short, powerful strikes in rapid bursts. Also, they way their feet move is almost entirely like that of most boxing styles. Because of constraints and regulations in pro-bending, traditional styles wouldn't be nearly as effective, just as you wouldn't see someone using kung fu in a boxing ring(though that would be freaking awesome).

Raymondbl

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on April 20, 2012, 03:35:04 AMTo elaborate a bit more on what Neebles was saying, Pro-bending is very boxing-ish because it uses short, powerful strikes in rapid bursts. Also, they way their feet move is almost entirely like that of most boxing styles. Because of constraints and regulations in pro-bending, traditional styles wouldn't be nearly as effective, just as you wouldn't see someone using kung fu in a boxing ring(though that would be freaking awesome).
OK I see.  Thanks SFK and Nebbles! 
Quote from: Jub3r7 on April 19, 2012, 08:05:28 PMAlmost 3 years older than you, I'm a kid.  :)
So you're 16?  or 15?  Yeah I know, but no one's ever said anything like that to you, have they? 

SuperFireKirby

New episode was pretty awesome. Legend of Korra definitely has more of a series format than The Last Airbender did. Though it was, without a doubt, a series, Airbender had many episodes that didn't develop the plot very much(besides Book 2, which had almost zero filler). Korra will probably still have a few episodes like that, I would guess, but it seems like it's going to stick much more strictly to the plot.

K-NiGhT

Hmm...i'll watch it later. Thanks for no spoilers SFK!