News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

The Legend of Korra

Started by Nana1Popo2, July 21, 2010, 10:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

I was originally asking if someone could give me a link to the video but I saw it and I laughed.

MAD ftw!
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

SuperFireKirby

I've seen the Legend of Dora bit. Like everything else on that show, it's some of the most unfunny trash you'll ever watch.

FINAL PART OF THE SEARCH COMES OUT AT THE END OF THE MONTH. CAN'T WAIT, WOOOOOOOOOOT!

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SuperFireKirby

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Spoiler
VARRICK ISN'T ALLOWED TO BE THE BAD GUY!!!!!!!!!!
[close]
I WON'T ALLOW IT. THIS IS BY FAR THE WORST PLOT TWIST IN HISTORY.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Bubbles

NO ITS BRILLIANT DONT COMPLAIN

but seriously you didn't see this coming?

SuperFireKirby

I SAW IT COMING, BUT I JUST DIDN'T WANT IT TO HAPPEN SO BADLY.

FierceDeity

Ok wait a minute. I don't think this is so bad. Hold up, SFK.
Spoiler
I wouldn't call Varrick the bad guy just yet. I mean, at the very least, he's still not as "bad" as he was before, when he, I don't know, SPARKED A CIVIL WAR. But I mean, he's still fighting against a ridiculously villainous character, Unalaq. I think this is actually pretty nice, because here we have two opposing sides, both of whom have a potential "good" in mind (for Unalaq, it's the balance of the spirits, and for Varrick, it's the freedom of the south), while also being complex characters with underlying selfish motives. I think they're trying to continue the nice shift they had from ATLA to LOK in the first place; rather than an unquestionably villainous character like Ozai, they're trying to make complex characters with complex goals in mind. With Amon, for a while, you could see the actual harm that benders could have on non-benders, and could, if only slightly, see his claimed point of view. (EDIT: Hahahahahahahaha it's so ridiculous that they just left us to assume that all of that social unrest had entirely died down within the past 6 months, despite no apparent change in the actual mindsets of benders; at least, to the point where it is no longer an existing conflict within the show.) And now, there are two sides with this aspect attributed to both of them. It's fucking beautiful. I still side with Varrick (I'm pretty sure he's still my favorite character) more than I do with Unalaq, but I can't wait to see how that comparison shifts as the series progresses.
[close]

Nebbles

Spoiler
Predictable plot twist and the love triangle is back. Fucking lovely, just what I needed. And Bolin forcing a kiss on his co-actor? Really? What the fuck is happening to this show?
[close]
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SuperFireKirby

I see your point Fierce. But just want to point out Ozai was pretty much the only villain in ATLA with no redeemable qualities. Every other bad guy, including Azula, had complex personalities and motives.

Also, Nebby, quit bein such a sour puss and just enjoy the show!

Nebbles

Excuse me? I have every right to be angry!
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SuperFireKirby

BUT THERE ISN'T EVEN A LOVE TRIANGLE
Spoiler
(though I did a complete face palm when Asami kissed Mako)
[close]
Here's how the love love is going:
Eska => Bolin => Ginger

Asami => Mako =>/<= Korra

IT'S MORE LIKE A LOVE.....THING. I DON'T KNOW. STOP YELLING AT ME!

FierceDeity

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on October 12, 2013, 10:08:26 AM
Spoiler
(though I did a complete face palm when Asami kissed Mako)
[close]

Meh. I didn't mind. It's nice to know that mike and bryan are actually trying to make things realistic, but not crazy over the top like they did last season.
Spoiler
It's not like feelings like that just disappear. Honestly, if they HADN'T indicated that asami still had feelings for mako, I'd have been pissed. That's just assuming her to be too perfect It's kinda like how I was mad about the whole bender-non bender conflict magically disappearing overnight, except with this conflict they actually reminded us that things don't work out that easily.
[close]

Oh, and as for this:
Quote from: SuperFireKirby on October 12, 2013, 09:44:53 AMOzai was pretty much the only villain in ATLA with no redeemable qualities.

I mean, yeah, I guess he was, but...he's still the main villain, and a clearly evil entity which, by all logic, should be opposed. Same goes for azula, really, it's more just that she was batshit crazy. Some reason was given for her being crazy, but she's still unquestionably evil in her current state. There was no opposition of ideals which can actually be questioned like there has been in LOK.

Bubbles

Quote from: Nebbles on October 12, 2013, 07:46:47 AM
Spoiler
Predictable plot twist and the love triangle is back. Fucking lovely, just what I needed. And Bolin forcing a kiss on his co-actor? Really? What the fuck is happening to this show?
[close]
Spoiler
I don't think the love triangle is necessarily back. I'm sure they're going to do stuff with Korra's memory loss and Mako, and the Asami thing was just the final nail in the coffin for the end of Mako and Asami's relationship. The kiss made her feelings apparent as well as Mako's, since he was pretty uncomfortable with the whole thing and clearly didn't enjoy it. Like Fierce said, it'd be weird if they just pretended everything was ok between them and that she didn't still have feelings for him.

As for Bolin, fame is getting to his head. The kiss wasn't supposed to be comic relief, humor, or anything like that. It did exactly what it was supposed to: make you mad. Bolin is slowly becoming an ass and will probably stay that way until he realizes Varrick's secret and realizes everything is a lie
[close]

btw sfk nice new avatar

SuperFireKirby

Me thoughts exactly Bobbles. Me thoughts exactly.

SuperFireKirby

Okay, I have no idea why I haven't said this sooner but...

WAS THAT EPISODE AMAZING OR WAS IT FREAKING AMAZING? NEEBOLS, EVEN YOU HAVE TO AGREE WITH HOW GOOD THAT EPISODE WAS. SOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOD

Bubbles

which wan?

But yeah, one of the best ever