The Legend of Korra

Started by Nana1Popo2, July 21, 2010, 10:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

of course what were people expecting from a non-retail release game
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

K-NiGhT

By the way, the last episode was honestly meh imo. I absolutely hated Meelo in this one. He was honestly being a brat, and I know its cuz he's older and blah blah blah but I liked young Meelo :(

Nebbles

Yeah, older Meelo was... meh. It was still a nice episode towards the end, at least.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SuperFireKirby

I found him really amusing at first, but it got old pretty fast. Ikki is far more tolerable now tho

I really liked how subtly they hinted at the fact that Kuvira is mounting an invasion on Zaofu.

And more Toph. I always like more Toph.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Waddle Bro

Toph >

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on October 27, 2014, 02:51:44 PMI found him really amusing at first, but it got old pretty fast. Ikki is far more tolerable now tho

I really liked how subtly they hinted at the fact that Kuvira is mounting an invasion on Zaofu.
I'm really glad Ikki got the screentime she deserved, she always seems to be left in the shadow of her siblings.

They hinted that in The Coronation tho

SuperFireKirby

Yeah, kinda but the soldier dudes are just like "Oh yeah, this shit is happening." off-hand. I dunno, it amused me. LEAF ME ALONE, I AM BUSHED

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Waddle Bro

Every Friday is like a Christmas Eve to me

Waddle Bro

ZHU LI AND VARRICK THO BUT ESPECIALLY ZHU LI

AND MY BOLIN FINALLY SNAPPED FROM THE MANIPULATION

FireArrow

I really hope they don't make earth kingdom conquer girl (can't remember her name) too similar to the other villains. I feel like one of the weaknesses of the show is that they make the antagonists "good reason gone to far", but they're just so devious you lose sight of what they're trying to accomplish. This girl has potential as long as she doesn't go "Mwahahahaha I shall rool teh worldz!"
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

SuperFireKirby

GAH FANTASTIC EPISODE. SO MUCH BOLIN AND VARRICK, IT'S A DREAM COME TRUE

And as for KUVIRA(that's her name), she seems less like the "good reason gone too far" kind of archetype and more like the "manipulative evil person who gets more evil and manipulative the more power she attains". Yeah, she's uniting the Earth Kingdom, but kinda in the same manner Hitler tried to "unite" Europe.

You could argue both sides of the conflict at the start of the season, but now it's pretty damn clear this woman is very very not good. Basically a slightly more relatable Ozai.

FireArrow

Kuvira (thx bro) just has so much potential. I mean, I know she's being a complete ass face, but if she turns out to be a diabolical dictator after her conquest, I'll be pissed. She has good intentions, but a plot twist (not really because it's foreshadowed so much) of her turning out to just want more power will really piss me off. I don't wanna see another "I'm a relatable villian! loljk kthxbai."

SuperFireKirby

I think she might have already crossed over into the dark side. Unfortunately, LoK lacks the same development in its villains that AtLA had. Mostly because ATLA had 3 seasons to develop Zuko, 2 for Azula and friends, and then a score of great supreme evil villains(Zhao, Ozai, a bunch of one-off villains).

Korra's villains suffer from an extreme lack of development due to being cycled out every season, as well as the seasons being so short. The most well-developed "villain" in the series is Varrick, who is, more or less, just brilliant man who (until recently) lacked any form of a conscience. And it's because he's had 3 seasons of dips and turns. I'm not sure how the writers could possibly develop Kuvira as the super cool "not really that bad but just enough that she needs to be stopped and I could totally see myself taking her side maybe" kind of villain and still be able to tell a complete story regarding everything else happening in just 13 22-minute episodes.

Bubbles

I don't think Kuvira was ever good, and now that she has a higher position of power its becoming more visible to those around her

also
Spoiler
zhu li is definitely still with varrick theres no way
[close]

FireArrow

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on October 31, 2014, 05:51:41 PMI think she might have already crossed over into the dark side. Unfortunately, LoK lacks the same development in its villains that AtLA had. Mostly because ATLA had 3 seasons to develop Zuko, 2 for Azula and friends, and then a score of great supreme evil villains(Zhao, Ozai, a bunch of one-off villains).

Korra's villains suffer from an extreme lack of development due to being cycled out every season, as well as the seasons being so short. The most well-developed "villain" in the series is Varrick, who is, more or less, just brilliant man who (until recently) lacked any form of a conscience. And it's because he's had 3 seasons of dips and turns. I'm not sure how the writers could possibly develop Kuvira as the super cool "not really that bad but just enough that she needs to be stopped and I could totally see myself taking her side maybe" kind of villain and still be able to tell a complete story regarding everything else happening in just 13 22-minute episodes.

Touché.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Bubbles on October 31, 2014, 06:44:31 PM
Spoiler
zhu li is definitely still with varrick theres no way
[close]
Spoiler
THIS MADE ME SO ANGRY WHEN I FIRST SAW IT I WAS LIKE ZHU LI WHY

BUT THEN SHE WAS LIKE "GUARDS, DO THE THING" AND I WAS LIKE "ALL IS FORGIVEN ZHU LI."

IT'S SUCH POETIC JUSTICE
[close]