djRyoji's Corner - Video Game Piano Vol. I (20 arrangements + sheetbook)

Started by DonValentino, September 04, 2010, 09:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(Nothing right now)

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

DonValentino

Quote from: Cobraroll on August 31, 2011, 12:57:45 PMYour Dragon Roost Island theme is great, but I think the right hand would be easier to read if you put 8va there from measure 44 and out (save for the last few measures).

Yup, I´m on it!

Quote from: Cobraroll on August 31, 2011, 12:57:45 PM(Hmm... have I commented on this earlier?)

Nope, don´t think so...  :D

DonValentino

Quote from: Shadoninja on August 31, 2011, 12:22:50 PMPokemon XD: Gale of Darkness
"Miror B Battle" (Duet)

1/ Piano 1, Right hand measure 5, 6 - the first beat notes should be staccato. it also sounds like there are notes missing.

2/ measures 5-8 - you probably should have one of the bass lines play the notes in octaves otherwise you miss the disco feel. the way you have it feels a bit too march-y.

3/ measure 6-7 - piano 2's right hand is very cluttered. I'd shift the layer 2 line into one of the left hands or remove it entirely.

4/ measure 8 - I think the trumpet notes in piano 1's right hand should have a slight cutoff at the end of each note. nothing too short like a staccato but perhaps have them at an eighth note duration ending them with an eighth rest.

5/ measure 9-14: the bass line from 5/6 doesn't continue here it should play something different take another listen to the song. what you have feels odd and misplaced.

that's all for now.

1/ Fixed. The missing notes are some As that make a certain background rhythm. They don't fit there, otherwise, one hand or the other would be very cluttered.

2/ Fixed? I don't know exactly what do you mean by "octaves", hope you meant what is now there.

3/ Fixed. Layer 2 removed.

4/ Fixed. Removed the articulation too.

5/ Listened again and I think that bass on Piano 2 should be empty. BUT, I added the same pattern from the right hand, piano 1, measures 5-6 to add a little more of disco feel on the background, so... Fixed.

Other fixes: On measure 14 I removed the staccato from those Gs because it sounded very strong and exaggerated. On measures 13-14, added some half notes, just to accompany the main melody. On measure 23, removed that accent on the Gs' octave on the right hand, sounded very hard and strong. And some more.

What do you think now, Shado?  ;)

dahans

Listened to Hollijolli village arrangement and I like it a lot. Well done! One thing: The key is not right. It should be E flat minor (or G-flat major) ;).
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

DonValentino

Quote from: dahans on September 11, 2011, 07:16:33 AMListened to Hollijolli village arrangement and I like it a lot. Well done! One thing: The key is not right. It should be E flat minor (or G-flat major) ;).

Thanks!  :D Gonna fix it now!
And... Whoops! It seems I´ll have to submit it again to the site!   :-\

DonValentino

Toad Town Ruins is done! Check it out! It's my best arrangement so far, at least in my opinion!  :D

SlowPokemon

Wow, this is quite a good arrangement. It looks to be accurate and playable (within reason at least), and I think I may bring this into my teacher this week. Thanks! :)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Sekter77

Yeah, Toad Town sounds great! It definitely is your best arrangement.
Guitar and video games.

Shadoninja

Miror B

Measure 5-8 - the left hand of Piano 1 overpowers the left hand of Piano 2. I'd remove them or make them octaves as well though that would be a bit unnecessary.

Measure 9-12 - there's a very awesome rhythmic bass part that I think you should replace Piano 1's left hand with.

Measure 13-14 - In piano 2's left hand, where's that part from? I don't hear it in the song. also, that ascending bass pattern that I seem to hate so much, I think it would work here.

Measure 23-24 - I think you could add that chord the piano plays in the song.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

pumpy_heart

Toad Town is in the wrong key. It should be in C# minor, 4 sharps in the key signature with all C naturals becoming B#'s, the leading tone.
Sounds great though. Just need to fix that key signature! :)

DonValentino

Quote from: Shadoninja on September 23, 2011, 01:20:31 PMMiror B

Measure 5-8 - the left hand of Piano 1 overpowers the left hand of Piano 2. I'd remove them or make them octaves as well though that would be a bit unnecessary.

Measure 9-12 - there's a very awesome rhythmic bass part that I think you should replace Piano 1's left hand with.

Measure 13-14 - In piano 2's left hand, where's that part from? I don't hear it in the song. also, that ascending bass pattern that I seem to hate so much, I think it would work here.

Measure 23-24 - I think you could add that chord the piano plays in the song.

Quote from: pumpy_heart on September 23, 2011, 03:19:44 PMToad Town is in the wrong key. It should be in C# minor, 4 sharps in the key signature with all C naturals becoming B#'s, the leading tone.
Sounds great though. Just need to fix that key signature! :)

I'm on it!  :)

spitllama

Quote[GC] Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness
           "Miror B Battle" (Duet) HQ NEW!

How did I just now see this? I haven't even played this game and yet have been waiting for someone to arrange this. Thank you!
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Dudeman

BUMP!
Hey WarioMan, thanks for all the stuff you've given me lately! :D Now I feel obligated to help your arrangements somehow...need PDF's? Anything?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

DonValentino

Quote from: Dudeman on February 18, 2012, 05:38:01 PMBUMP!
Hey WarioMan, thanks for all the stuff you've given me lately! :D Now I feel obligated to help your arrangements somehow...need PDF's? Anything?

Thanks! But not at the moment. Anyways, if I need help sometime, I'll tell you!  :)

Well, actually... I'm not good at guessing the key of a song. You could help me on that.  :D

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

Your Toad Town is great! It needs to be in C# minor though, like Pumpy said. I did that and it looks great. You just change the key signature, making sure to click "hold notes to their original pitches chromatically" so that the notes aren't changed.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.