djRyoji's Corner - Video Game Piano Vol. I (20 arrangements + sheetbook)

Started by DonValentino, September 04, 2010, 09:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(Nothing right now)

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Dudeman

Very nice job, DonWario! I do have a couple of suggestions:

- The right hand needs more staccatos in measures 1, 2, 3, 5, and 13. It doesn't sound bouncy enough when compared to the original.
- You might want to double-check the left hand in measures 9 and 10, and the first two octaves in measure 18. They don't sound quite right.

Other than that, excellent work!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

DonValentino

^Yes, yes, I'll take a look at that someday.

Good news everyone! I have (some) free time (for today)! At least is awesome news for me...

I apologize too Slow because I had the Pokemon Ranger arrangement finished for a long time but didn't put it here earlier. But hey, if you don't have time, you don't have time!
Anyways, today I feel generous and I added a special Coda just for you. Hope you like the entire arrangement though!

Well, enough talk:

Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia - "Ranger School (Outside)" MUS
  I know the original has a lot of voices, but I tried to do it as complete as possible for a piano arrangement.

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap - "Picori Festival" (Duet) MUS
  I wanted to see this song arranged correctly for ages!! So I ended up doing it. And yes, it's an actual duet, not that two piano thingy...

I have some more in the oven, but they'll have to wait a little more.
That's enough for now...

Feedback (if any) always welcome.

SlowPokemon

(I did miss this, idk how)

The Ranger one is near-flawless. I can't find anything wrong with it, and it's perfectly accurate. Excellent job, and I like what you did with the ending. I mean, measure 38 is near impossible but still
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 24, 2013, 11:57:49 AM(I did miss this, idk how)

The Ranger one is near-flawless. I can't find anything wrong with it, and it's perfectly accurate. Excellent job, and I like what you did with the ending. I mean, measure 38 is near impossible but still

Don't worry. :)
Thanks a lot! Lately I like to make up endings to practice harmony and chord stuff. And well, to try to be more creative too, because I realized that when I'm arranging a song I'm not really putting anything mine. So yeah. :D
I'm also doing some piano duets. They're very fun to arrange!

Yeah, sorry about measure 38, but I really wanted the ending to sound as epic as possible.

If you have any other good request, feel free to tell me.

Quote from: Jompa on May 24, 2013, 12:24:13 PMWeird, I missed it too.. :o

Ha, don't worry, it's ok. ;)

FireArrow

Woah, that was awesome! Why is the base clef have a cross through it in some measures though? (For the pokemon ranger one.)
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

DonValentino

Quote from: FireArrow on May 24, 2013, 12:55:29 PMWoah, that was awesome! Why is the base clef have a cross through it in some measures though? (For the pokemon ranger one.)

Nah, they're not crossed, there are hidden "f"s. ;D
It won't affect the document if you print it, btw.

You see, there are two separate tracks for staff 1 and 2, so I have to put both in staff 1 and 2 the "f" to make them sound with the correct volume proportion.

But good eye! I thought that if I hid them with the clef nobody would notice.  :o

And thanks!

FireArrow

Oh, that's a good trick! I always run into volume problems when I'm arranging thus forcing unnecessary articulation.

DonValentino

Yeah! As a matter of fact, I'm working on "Snow Land" from Mario Kart Super Circuit and had some trouble with volume proportion with the second part of the song.
It's a very common problem, and frustrating, because as you say, it forces you to put unnecessary articulations.

But thankfully if you have 2 different sound channels for each staff you don't have that problem.

DonValentino

Alright people, little addition.

[GC] The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures - Navi Trackers - "The Terrace of the Two People" MUS

I really hope Nintendo includes Navi Trackers in Wind Waker HD somehow. Looks pretty awesome.

DonValentino

[GBA] Mario Kart: Super Circuit - "Snow Land" (Duet) MUS

[GBA] Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga - "Teehee Valley" (Duet) MUS

SlowPokemon

I love Superstar Saga--I'll check this out as soon as I'm home on Thursday!
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FireArrow

DonValentino

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 18, 2013, 06:39:28 AMI love Superstar Saga--I'll check this out as soon as I'm home on Thursday!

Who doesn't? It's my favorite M&L yet (let's wait for Dream Team). :D
Hope you like them!

Quote from: FireArrow on June 18, 2013, 12:16:05 PMWow - very nice! They almost look playable as a solo.

Thank you!