News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Submissions for Next Update - 3 Songs

Started by The Deku Trombonist, October 14, 2010, 01:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

REPLACEMENT
[NES]-Metroid-Title MUS Midi
*fixed* again:)
SUBMISSIONS
[N64]-Mario Kart 64-Moo Moo Farm MUS Midi
[Wii]-Super Mario Galaxy 2-Chompworks galaxy- MUS
[Wii]-Super Mario Galaxy-Buoy Base: Under Water MUS Midi no good either...  

From The Deku Trombonist:
Title: The first section should be in 3/4 (obviously with a different tempo marking too) with semiquavers in the left hand instead of triplets. It's not that the way you've written it is wrong, it's just a real pain to read it that way. After Measure 9 it's alright. But Measure 43 has the same problem as the beginning. And Measure 33 needs to have the tempo written again above it because the value of the beat has changed from quarter note to dotted quarter note. Btw here's another handy Finale hint (useful for the 6/8 section). You can change the beams that join eighth notes etc by highlighing a note and pressing the "/" key.

Today's Results: Errr...Where's the melody? It seems kinda hidden in the left hand and some bits have been missed out. I just think it would sound better with the melody in the right hand and the weird space-ey chords in the left hand hand (or vice-versa). Also you missed out the second half of the song.

Moo Moo Farm: Sweeeet. Accepted.

OLIMAR12345

Metroid-ok, all fixed nao  :D

pikmin-err, crap! how did i forget tha whole second half?! ok that 1s goin back into tha "in progress" pile for nao.

Deku
Metroid: Accepted, but I did change one small thing. In the 6/8 section, it's not "♩ = ♩." as that implies a speed up, which there isn't. I replaced it with "♩.=80"

You know you can post another one instead of the Pikmin one.

Olimar
yes but that would mean i would have to complete another one :P ill have one ready in a bit ;)
oh, and thanks! yeah i did get it backwards, lol.

Deku:
Pretty good except for the 6/8 sections. Something needs to be done to write them in a more reader-friendly time signature. Basically, the left hand rhythm in the original is all on the beat, but the way you've written it in 6/8, it's all off the beat (hopefully that makes sense :P). The two options that spring to mind first are 12/8 or 4/4.

OLIMAR
k how bout this 1?

Deku:
Accepted but, I moved a bunch of notes onto the first layer. A lot of the stuff you did with layers is unnessecary seeing as when you print it, it's all black anyway. Therefore it's a little weird to have notes suddenly flip upside down mid-way through a measure if you catch my drift.

olimar
no, i did that cus it was coliding if they were the other way around :<

Deku:
Colliding with what? I haven't got any collisions here

olimar
oh, u moved them all to the 1st layer-i thought u meant something else. well i separated them for easy reading, it kinda looked messy that way  :-\
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Composer #40

The Submission

[SNES] Dragon Quest I - "Overture"  - Commander6 (midi)
[SNES] Dragon Quest I - "Tantegel Castle"  - Commander6 (midi)

[SNES] Dragon Quest II - "Ever Upwards"  - Commander6 (midi)

From The Deku Trombonist:
Overture: This based of the Symphonic Version of the Overture. Could you mark it as such? Also, perhaps you could include some of the low brass quaver runs in the section that starts at measure 22.

Tantegel Castle: Accepted.

Ever Upwards: Where did the chromatic run in measure 20 come from? Aside from that, it's all good. Well it ain't in the original so it's gone. Accepted.

Composer #40
Make sure you have the SNES version of Ever Upwards. Also, the Symphonic version of the Overture is a great idea but will take me a while to get down. The bass run you're talking about at the brass entrance is only present in DQ III compared to DQ I & II. I would have to rewrite the section but I'm only strapped for time so there will be a long wait. :-[

Deku
Yup, I'm pretty sure it's the SNES version. Afterall, it does sound beepy and all :P - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxSFYbmEKHo

It happens Every. Day!

Brassman388

Quote from: Composer #40 on October 14, 2010, 07:34:19 PMThe Submission

[SNES] Dragon Quest I - "Overture"  - Commander6 (midi)
[SNES] Dragon Quest I - "Tantegel Castle"  - Commander6 (midi)
[SNES] Dragon Quest II - "Ever Upwards"  - Commander6 (midi)

I love you for doing Dragon Quest. I plan on doing more myself, eventually.

The Deku Trombonist

I'm trying my hand at doing what Nintendude did with updating so everyone check your submisison posts, you'll find comments in there.

Keep the submissions coming guys!

pumpy_heart

I don't see the need to post Midi links if these need to be edited haha. If they don't, the midis will be added when accepted.
Advance Wars time.

[GBA] Advance Wars 2 - "Super CO Power" - Thomas Wilson
[DS] Advance Wars Dual Strike - "Jake's Theme" - Thomas Wilson
[DS] Advance Wars Dual Strike - "Javier's Theme" - Thomas Wilson

From The Deku Trombonist
Super CO Power: Accepted. Fixed a couple of small readability issues,

Jake's Theme: Just sounds kinda off to me. I think it's mainly the way the left hand part is harmonised seeing as I don't think there's too much wrong with the right hand.

Javier's Theme: Accepted. Just remember that pedal marking go under the left hand.

DonValentino

Done! I´ve almost correct all my arrangements. Just two left.
Well... My first submssion for update. Hope everything is OK.
Here it goes:

"Final Battle" --- Rockman 6/Megaman 6
          MIDI:   http://www.mediafire.com/?4yb9bbg0jck0595
          MUS:   http://www.mediafire.com/?h86snbwgo38nw3d

"Infiltration in Hyrule Castle" --- Zelda: Ocarina of Time
          MIDI:   http://www.mediafire.com/?xta2a3i1qox9q47
          MUS:   http://www.mediafire.com/?2w6t4346kqwu9th

"Thwomp Volcano" --- M&L: Partners in Time
          MIDI:   http://www.mediafire.com/?3g6szrx70cxojm6
          MUS:   http://www.mediafire.com/?pm47f5k5v45pw4k

Bye!  :)

From The Deku Trombonist
Final Battle: Accepted. Just remember to put a metronome marking in. If you want to know how to create one, read this post.

Infiltration in Hyrule Castle: Tempo's a little too fast and there are a couple of wrong notes but it was easy to fix. Accepted.

Thwomp Volcano:Accepted. I re-arranged it so it fits on 1 page.

The Deku Trombonist

That's a good point pumpy, I probably should clear that up.

I don't really care about providing a link to a midi seeing as I can just make them myself. But be aware that other updaters may not view this in the same way.

sipan1234

DekuTrombonist. if you don't accept (Like a glint of Light). how about
[GC] Tales of Symphonia Ymir forest

The Deku Trombonist

Nope, wrong notes in the left hand, wrong rhythms in right hand.

Don't forget to check your posts for acceptance/rejection notices!!!

pumpy_heart

I could reduce the bass down to one note, but it sounds very hollow then. It's based off power 5th chords common in most guitar music. I tried to keep the same notes on the piano as on the guitar.

The Deku Trombonist

Yeah alright, I'll accept it. Still sounds a little weird to me but maybe that's just me. I added a couple of staccatos here and there seeing as it really needs it.

sipan1234

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on October 16, 2010, 04:24:05 PMNope, wrong notes in the left hand, wrong rhythms in right hand.

you're right. I was somewhat forgotten

dahans

Mario Party 3:
Woody Woods:
[MUS] [MIDI]

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl:
Route 209:
[MUS] [MIDI]
D/P medley:
[MUS] [MIDI]

From The Deku Trombonist
Woody Woods: The first 3 semiquavers should be in an anacrusis (pickup measure). Then the rest of the song needs to be moved 2 beats back. At the moment, what should be beat 1 of the measure is actually on beat 3.

Dahans: Strangely, I cannot fix that. I don't know but there's always a problem I cannot solve. What shall I do?

Route 209: Some of the harmonisation of the melody seems unneccesary. For example at 22, there is a flute solo but in the arrangement, every note is harmonised. That's just an exmaple, there are other spots where I think it's unneccesary. Also, between 3 & 6 the rhythm should be [quaver then 3 semiquaver triplets]x4 for each bar.

Dahans: Honestly, I like it this way.

D/P Medley: It's late, and I'm tired so I'll go through that one tomorrow  ;)
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

fabbemannen

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on October 14, 2010, 12:43:17 PMThe © is in the text menu.  Click on the writing tool, and on the menu bar go to Text->Inserts->Copyright Symbol (©) and it will appear in the text box you are currently typing in.
On Windows it's also alt + 0169 on the numpad. If you have an laptop just press num lock and then repeat
=) Always good to know JFK Music© (uncorporated =D)

Edited in other comment: Don't wanna doublepost  :D
I'm not done with my latest yet, and I'm probably not going to finish it on this update. For the interest it's the Mole Hole theme from Kirby's Epic Yarn. There are a lot of great piano songs in that game, really fun to play =) I'm probably going to need some help with my arrangements there 'cause I'm not good enough  :o :'( 8) ;D

sipan1234

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on October 16, 2010, 04:24:05 PMNope, wrong notes in the left hand, wrong rhythms in right hand.

how do you know that there are mistake?