NSM's Pokemon Battles/Tournaments!

Started by Roz~, October 16, 2010, 10:05:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roz~

Yosh people! Just thought it'd be better to have a thread about it so that our ideas don't get lost in the General Pokemon one.
So the purpose of this thread is to organize tournaments with specific rules and/or normal battles between NSM's members. (Obvious amirite?) You guys can also ask tips about movesets and teams here.

1. Roz
2. SlowPokemon
3. Shadoninja
4. Jub3r7
5. Winterkid09
6. Dude

To make it easier and for everyone to be able to participate, tournaments will be held on Pokemon Online.
Download link: http://www.pokemon-online.eu/

1st tournament: Monotype teams!
Yep guys, for this tournament we'll be using monotyped teams, which means every Pokemon must share a type with each other, but we'll also allow everyone to use a 'mon whose type has nothing to do with your team (i.e a Cresselia in an ice team for example) though Ubers are banned.

Winner: Not sure. D:

UPDATE

2nd Tournament!

Okay so it's been almost a year and we didn't have any other tournaments. I'm pretty sure people (including myself) are not as busy now since school is over, so I think it's time for us to play Pokémans again!

Tournament = Kanto only

Pretty obvious, right? We're only going to use Kanto 'mons in our team.

Banned Pokémon :
Mewtwo
Mew

Those 2 are ubers, therefore they won't be allowed to take part in the tourney. (Mew has such an epic movepool D:)

1. Roz
2. Shadoninja
3. Spitllama
4. Jub3r7
5. Slowpokemon
6. Triforced1
7. Clanker37
8. Ragster
9. SFK

So if you guys want to enter, just post! Also I'll be able to update the thread because work is not as annoying as having 3 school projects to do per week. So don't worry about that! Also if something happens while I'm working/away, just tell Shado.

Now, it's time to make your teams, Trainers! Let's see who's going to be the winner of our Kanto Tournament!
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Winter

How do you find your friend code on a DSi?

Roz~

You need to go on wifi first. Then your FC's going to be in your Pal Pad.

Winter

And I can use Heartgold while you're all on pearl/diamond right?

Winter

Jub3r7

This is great! Time to get out Pearl again!  :D
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SlowPokemon

Unfortunately my mom won't let me change my router settings.  :'( SO the only way I can battle you all is on Battle Revolution. 

Mono-type teams would be fun, though. :(

BTW, you can single battle or double battle on BR--except in Double you can use up to four Pokemon of your picked six Pokemon, and in singles you can use up to three of your team of six...
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Shadoninja

monotype would be fun.

HG: 2407 9841 9296
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Roz~

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 16, 2010, 11:14:29 AMUnfortunately my mom won't let me change my router settings.  :'( SO the only way I can battle you all is on Battle Revolution.  

Mono-type teams would be fun, though. :(

BTW, you can single battle or double battle on BR--except in Double you can use up to four Pokemon of your picked six Pokemon, and in singles you can use up to three of your team of six...

Meh, that sucks. She won't let you change them even for just 30 minutes? What is she afraid of?
And yeah, you can do it on PBR, except I don't feel like buying the game since it's 50$. I'll try to find a friend who'd like to lend it to me.

Also, do you guys know how monotype teams work? Asking just in case.

Winter

Don't ask me :/ I've never done Wi-Fi battles

Roz~

Basically every single of your Pokemon must have the same type. For example, an Ice monoteam could have Articuno/Frosslass/Abomasnow/Jynx/etc. Sometimes rules also allow you to use one Pokemon with a different typing, kinda like a Zapdos in a monotype fighting team. I guess we need to know if we allow that or not.

SlowPokemon

Another thing I like about BR is that all your Pokemon are lowered to Lv50, like the Battle Frontier.

Anyway, my monotype team would be something like:

Gardevoir
Jynx
Mr. Mime (maybe)
Slowking
Espeon

...And something else, probably.

Winter

Hmm. f we did that it's have to be at low levels, I'd have to train fast.

SlowPokemon

Well luckily for me I have a Lv25 or so Smoochum in HG that I could trade over, Slowking is at Lv72 (my highest Lv in the game), and Gardevoir is Lv42, bred. Espeon is Lv25 (Bill's gift), and Mr. Mime is in its 30s, bred from a Mime Jr.

I also have a Lv38 or something like that Girafarig in Platinum that I could trade... so I wouldn't have much to do!

Hey, Roz--

could we also do a team with two types? Like Grass and Psychic? ;3

Roz~

Winterkid~> We can set the lvl to 100 in Wifi battles, so as long as they have the moveset you want you should be fine.

Slow ~> So I'm guessing you want the Psychic type eh? We also need to determine who wants what. I guess I'll edit that in the first post. And as for the grass type you can use one. We'll go for the "you can use a pokemon whose type has nothing to do with your team" rule. :P