News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Submissions General Questions, Comments, etc

Started by The Deku Trombonist, October 23, 2010, 05:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

All the power in the world, none of the ambition.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Dudeman on December 09, 2012, 07:25:12 PMSo...two weeks of no weekly updates.

Woah, ease up. I had things to do. I'm doing it now.

EFitTrainr

I thought I was responsible simply for updating... if there had been a list of accepted sheets on Sunday, I would've updated on Sunday.
I like food.

spitllama

Just repeating what's already been said, but @Dudeman

1) no update last week cause there weren't enough sheets fixed up
2) we got the update yesterday yay
3) Olimar said he'd be out for a few weeks for school (almost over now)
4) shadowkirby was only hired to upload, not critique

Also does we have a new submission thread coming
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: spitllama on December 10, 2012, 10:33:50 AMAlso does we have a new submission thread coming

Whoops, I'll just make it...very slowly :P
Dunno, who's gonna check the sheets though

Dudeman

Quote from: spitllama on December 10, 2012, 10:33:50 AMJust repeating what's already been said, but @Dudeman

1) no update last week cause there weren't enough sheets fixed up
2) we got the update yesterday yay
3) Olimar said he'd be out for a few weeks for school (almost over now)
4) shadowkirby was only hired to upload, not critique
Sorry. I was being a bit of a grumpies. :P No offense intended. I just love seeing new sheets on site.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Yugi

So what's happening with this weeks update?

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Yugi

JDMEK5

Quote from: SocialFox on December 18, 2012, 10:31:42 PMAre my Sheets formatted correctly?
If there is something wrong, they'll tell you.
Usually not hearing from them is a good sign..
Assuming they haven't forgotten about the update or something. :P
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Shadoninja

I think it's about time the Duets section of our Guidelines get updated for clarification. I haven't seen enough published sheet music to know the exact proper formatting but here's my best guess based on the few duet music I've seen and what we have on the site.
  • What we are currently labeling as Duets has "(Duet)" appended. e.g. [Console] Game - "Song (Duet)" - Arranger(s)
  • The Grand Staff names should be "Primo" and "Secondo" with "I" and "II" in the abbreviations, respectively.
  • Generally, duets will have Primo use two Treble Clef staves and Secondo will use two Bass Clef staves. These can deviate based on the song.
  • Two Pianos arrangements have "(Two Pianos)" appended. e.g. [Console] Game - "Song (Two Pianos)" - Arranger(s)
  • The Grand Staff names should be "Piano 1" and "Piano 2" with "Pno. 1" and "Pno. 2" in the abbreviations, respectively.
  • Generally, both parts will use the same Grand Staff as a solo arrangement but can deviate based on the song.
  • The type of duet is not put in the song title on the sheet. Amber Valley > Amber Valley (Duet)
  • Scores should be landscape as opposed to portrait to reduce pages, plus it makes better use of the paper. Parts will remain in
    portrait as they would with solo arrangements.
  • I propose that we change (Duet) to (Four Hands).
  • Duets should not be visible on the site until there is a solo version. Arrangers can still submit them and if they are accepted, they'll be put into limbo.
Feel free to offer additions or changes.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

JDMEK5

"Duet" always meant to me by default, "one piano".
Only in the case of it actually being specifically called "Two pianos", did I assume it to be such.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

MoboMoga

Quote from: Shadoninja on December 20, 2012, 07:41:04 PMI think it's about time the Duets section of our Guidelines get updated for clarification. I haven't seen enough published sheet music to know the exact proper formatting but here's my best guess based on the few duet music I've seen and what we have on the site.
  • What we are currently labeling as Duets has "(Duet)" appended. e.g. [Console] Game - "Song (Duet)" - Arranger(s)
  • The Grand Staff names should be "Primo" and "Secondo" with "I" and "II" in the abbreviations, respectively.
  • Generally, duets will have Primo use two Treble Clef staves and Secondo will use two Bass Clef staves. These can deviate based on the song.
  • Two Pianos arrangements have "(Two Pianos)" appended. e.g. [Console] Game - "Song (Two Pianos)" - Arranger(s)
  • The Grand Staff names should be "Piano 1" and "Piano 2" with "Pno. 1" and "Pno. 2" in the abbreviations, respectively.
  • Generally, both parts will use the same Grand Staff as a solo arrangement but can deviate based on the song.
  • The type of duet is not put in the song title on the sheet. Amber Valley > Amber Valley (Duet)
  • Scores should be landscape as opposed to portrait to reduce pages, plus it makes better use of the paper. Parts will remain in
    portrait as they would with solo arrangements.
  • I propose that we change (Duet) to (Four Hands).
  • Duets should not be visible on the site until there is a solo version. Arrangers can still submit them and if they are accepted, they'll be put into limbo.
Feel free to offer additions or changes.

I agree with most of what you said, but I think that landscape shouldn't be forced--rather it should be a suggestion. The last part is the thing I don't agree with. This means that if someone has an arrangement that a lot of people like, but a solo piece hasn't come out for, what, 4 years, then it would be just inconvenient to postpone the update of the duet. I agree to some extent that we need to make our sheets formal, but we don't have updaters to look at formality, we have them so they can review our arrangement.  :P

MaestroUGC

One Piano Duet: Piano Four Hands - Title (Four hands)
Two Piano Duet: Piano Duo - Title (Piano Duo)

If you are going to be publishing duets in any form, you must indicate how the duet is arranged. This can be extrapolated for larger combinations of instruments/players. I agreethat there needs to be a solo version of all duets on the site, because that is the primary goal of this site; to produce sheet music that anybody can print out a play. They shouldn't have to need somebody else in order to play their favorite piece of VG music.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

MoboMoga

However, things have changed in NSM. Like how there aren't always Nintendo Sheets up on site. Jamaha says this in the main page: "Of course, we're called NinSheetMusic, so when we founded this site we were only focussed at Nintendo sheet music. These days, however, NSM is just the name and we don't really pay much attention to its origin anymore. So in short: yes, we do accept music other than Nintendo systems."
Things have to change, advance. Like if there weren't advancements in human history, we would still be living in caves.

I agree that there needs to be solo, but that shouldn't restrict the uploads of duets.