Submissions General Questions, Comments, etc

Started by The Deku Trombonist, October 23, 2010, 05:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winter

It takes probably 3 extra seconds to have to upload MUS's :P

MoboMoga

Quote from: Winter on August 17, 2013, 10:56:33 PMIt takes probably 3 extra seconds to have to upload MUS's :P

No what I meant was for those who don't use the program.  :P

ALPRAS

What do you need to do to be a "Veteran arranger"? I'm in NSM for 5 years and I arrange a bunch of musics, am I a veteran?... :P

MaestroUGC

All of that will be determined if we ever implement the new upload system.

However, the Veteran's group will have some very, very strict criteria every arranger will be held to. You can't just be one because you've been here for many years.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

ALPRAS

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 20, 2013, 10:32:16 AMAll of that will be determined if we ever implement the new upload system.

However, the Veteran's group will have some very, very strict criteria every arranger will be held to. You can't just be one because you've been here for many years.

Yeah, I understand that... Well, when you have some more news about how it's going to work just warn me :)

MaestroUGC

Well things are done in the shadows, covered in great secrecy...

I'm ultimately left out of the loop of my own idea.

Jamaha

While I'm not the one actually making the call here, I'd expect it to be something like having the ability to constantly produce quality sheets. So if the updaters are going through your submissions and don't find any significant errors after a while, I assume that would qualify for a veteran status.

ALPRAS

Quote from: Jamaha on August 20, 2013, 11:13:17 AMWhile I'm not the one actually making the call here, I'd expect it to be something like having the ability to constantly produce quality sheets. So if the updaters are going through your submissions and don't find any significant errors after a while, I assume that would qualify for a veteran status.

Ok, now I have an idea of how its going to be like :)
Unfortunately, I think nobody checks my arrangements anymore lol

spitllama

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on August 21, 2013, 03:49:21 PM3) Put separate links for all your files (MUS, Midi, and PDF) for each sheet.

This has changed back and forth again and again. Are ZIPs really that inconvenient?
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

MoboMoga

WOAH. What happened to the submission page?! Where are all the individual arrangement threads??

EDIT: Oh wait nevermind. Found them.

spitllama

I don't understand the point of the "Submissions for all updates" thread. Isn't that obsolete now?
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

MaestroUGC

I think that's the system we'll be using for the time being, until the new system is ready for use.

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: spitllama on August 26, 2013, 05:07:12 PMI don't understand the point of the "Submissions for all updates" thread. Isn't that obsolete now?

Oh yeah, I think that got forgotten about, whoops.

Maestro: We're already on the new system I think

Yugi

Idea for the veteren submissions choosings or something?

In order for you to be able to access the far faster submission process, you must fufill these criteria.

1. Your arrangments must be formatted correctly.

2. Your (more recent arrangments) must be considered of quality.

3. Your arrangments must be considered playable for someone with skill.

4. Your arrangments must be considered suitable for someone playing piano.

5. You must be considered an active member of the forum, and to have registered for more than two months.

I'll put reasons up later.

MoboMoga

Quote from: Yugi on August 27, 2013, 04:08:32 PMIdea for the veteren submissions choosings or something?

In order for you to be able to access the far faster submission process, you must fufill these criteria.

1. Your arrangments must be formatted correctly.

2. Your (more recent arrangments) must be considered of quality.

3. Your arrangments must be considered playable for someone with skill.

4. Your arrangments must be considered suitable for someone playing piano.

5. You must be considered an active member of the forum, and to have registered for more than two months.

I'll put reasons up later.

Then wouldn't almost everyone be one, and all the arrangements in site considered as veterans'?