News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Submissions General Questions, Comments, etc

Started by The Deku Trombonist, October 23, 2010, 05:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

It's more than just a URL, it's a chance to display and highlight the name of our awesome site.

Shadoninja

[Redacted]
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

FierceDeity

True, NinSheetMusic isn't necessarily the first word grouping people hear in their heads when they read it in all lower case. I think it's more professional to capitalize each initial.

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Shadoninja on January 12, 2015, 04:12:48 PMdid you want the url capitalized?
Yep

This finalescript thing sounds useful, I'll have to check it out sometime.

Shadoninja

[Redacted]

The Deku Trombonist

That's pretty neat. What sorts of things do you use it for during general use?

Also, don't forget http://

Shadoninja

[Redacted]

Cobraroll

Just now looked through the "Archive" subforum, and noticed we've built up three full forum pages of accepted sheets since mid-October. That's 60 in three months, which is actually a quite good pacing (on average, it's one accepted arrangement every 36 hours). Looks like the new system works great!
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Lowend Lover

Hey everyone. I'm new here and have multiple arrangements I would like to post from different games. I've looked at the requirements for the correct format of the actual score so I don't think there will be much of an issue there.

However, I have used MuseScore for all my arrangements. Is that going to be a problem? I know Finale is popular but I would like to avoid paying lots of money for software. It doesn't have to be free but $100 and up seems a bit steep.

Also, any helpful advice on posting arrangements would be greatly appreciated. 

Yugi

Finale Notepad is free. You can switch/copypaste from that if needed.

Maelstrom

$100+ is steep? Try $650
But, in all seriousness, it is expensive. However, there are ways to get it considerably cheaper.

Lowend Lover

Xaoz

Quote from: Lowend Lover on January 23, 2015, 08:55:15 PMThanks! I will try final notepad.

There are also cheaper version like Finale SongWriter. It does not have all the Finale-features, but you can try all of them for 30 days to see how much you really need. I would not recommend Finale NotePad... It is horrible...

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

The Deku Trombonist

People around here who have higher versions of Finale will generally be quite happy to add things into your sheets that Notepad or other versions might not be able to do. So feel free to ask around for help if you decide to go with a cheaper option.

Sebastian

I'll give you some help if you need it!
Finale Notepad = The Devil's Handbook.